Racist Dogs: Why Do Some Dogs Seem Not To Like Dark Skinned People?

I have one of the most formidable dogs on the planet - a 165lb APBT with papers from a long time ( 30+ year ) breeder! He was socialized as good as any dog. I have never lived in a house without one, or two including part wolves - so I know a little about them. Here is my take:

Dogs since fear, and identify it with a threat. I have had black women flag me over to see my dog - to take pictures, and walk right up to the car with his big head sticking out the window without reservation, and pet, and hug him - more than once! Black males on the other hand are usually petrified of him, and quickly vacate his proximity. I feel that most of these black males are predators, and predators can sense formability, and the fight or flight mode kicks in. I also feel that these vitimizers walk around with the sense that what goes around comes around, and they fear each day that it maybe the day of reckoning - so they flee! I can also easily tell that blacks are not as developed mentally as whites, or other races - so they have a more reflexive response. Most any predator will instinktively flee the more formattable one
without hesitation.

Just last week I was in a puppy store to purchase one. The store had many black males in it - who all vacated it immediately upon our arival. My dog is 7.75, years old. I have had many black males ask me the usual: what kind of dog, how much does he weight, what do you feed him etc. I always ask them if they would like to pet him - I have had 2, that took the offer, and I have him in public every week, and I live outside of DC!

Your dog has to be mixed with an AB to even get close to that weight! That's the weight and size of some English Mastiffs. That's over the standard weight of Bull mastiffs.

220px-CURRO_PQ_OESTE.JPG
Say what you wan't. Land Of Giants Kennals Gardner Mass - Bred for size, and temperment for 30+ years! Ken Buzzel produces 120lb + dogs routinely. Mine is a giant amongst giants like Aundry the giant!

Last edited:
Racist Dogs: Why Do Some Dogs Seem Not To Like Dark Skinned People?

^
... that is the most ridiculous and stupid thing I've ever heard. Dogs love humans regardless of their skin , color or whatever.

May be the only thing is that as far as lowlifes? tramps? once a lowlife ..always a lowlife as far as dogs are concerned ..... they just look through you.... no matter if you are wearing nice clothes or anything .... they see the former loser.

I love dogs with all my heart.

It's not that dogs can even be racist but they will react to different ethnic groups in different ways if they haven't been exposed to certain groups. I think it's more scent than color.

For example a good friend of mine stayed with us for a while when he was moving to Toronto with his two very well socialized mastiffs. Here's the scenario.

I lived in a mini UN in the Toronto area with Jamaicans, Indians and Pakistanis. You name it, we had it. A delegation from anywhere on the planet. :eusa_angel:

But because the dogs were only used to predominantly white people in the far north of British Columbia, they were skittish.

He re socialized them. Took a bit of work and time but it worked out. But the dogs weren't racist.

Just unfamiliar.

I have one of the most formidable dogs on the planet - a 165lb APBT with papers from a long time ( 30+ year ) breeder! He was socialized as good as any dog. I have never lived in a house without one, or two including part wolves - so I know a little about them. Here is my take:

Dogs since fear, and identify it with a threat. I have had black women flag me over to see my dog - to take pictures, and walk right up to the car with his big head sticking out the window without reservation, and pet, and hug him - more than once! Black males on the other hand are usually petrified of him, and quickly vacate his proximity. I feel that most of these black males are predators, and predators can sense formability, and the fight or flight mode kicks in. I also feel that these vitimizers walk around with the sense that what goes around comes around, and they fear each day that it maybe the day of reckoning - so they flee! I can also easily tell that blacks are not as developed mentally as whites, or other races - so they have a more reflexive response. Most any predator will instinktively flee the more formattable one
without hesitation.

Just last week I was in a puppy store to purchase one. The store had many black males in it - who all vacated it immediately upon our arival. My dog is 7.75, years old. I have had many black males ask me the usual: what kind of dog, how much does he weight, what do you feed him etc. I always ask them if they would like to pet him - I have had 2, that took the offer, and I have him in public every week, and I live outside of DC!

Your dog has to be mixed with an AB to even get close to that weight! That's the weight and size of some English Mastiffs. That's over the standard weight of Bull mastiffs.

220px-CURRO_PQ_OESTE.JPG
Say what you wan't. Land Of Giants Kennals Garner Mass - Bred for size, and temperment for 30+ years! Ken Buzzel produces 120lb + dogs routinely. Mine is a giant amongst giants like Aundry the giant!

I'm very familiar with the kennel. At one time I wanted a dog from that kennel. Didn't his son take over? My point is that if you make a thread below and tell them that you have a 165lb ABPT that is papered, the responses will be pretty amusing.

General Dog Discussions

My friends have had dogs that were allegedly "racist" but they all loved and love me. I think it's more of the fearful reaction, body language, and attitude some Black people, etc. have towards dogs. From my own personal experience I have walking around with my dogs every day, Black people tended to be more tentative to fearful of my dogs and White people tend to want to come up and pet my dogs right away.

What was interesting when we moved up from Tennessee I had a Ridgeback and in my neighborhood I had blacks from all over various African countries come up to Ripley, no fear, excited to see her. They knew her breed.

No problemo at all. No fear. When Ripley passed and I got JimDandy and Ruby Starr, they were right from Louisiana and had no issues with any one of color.

But I was also surrounded with a lot of islanders, predominantly Jamaican and my dogs ran with their rotties. And I've never met a Jamaican in my life who didn't just adore dogs.

I really believe you've got it bang on the money on the fear or lack of fear resulting in a good or negative reaction on the dog's part.

And who the dogs have been socialized with.

220px-CURRO_PQ_OESTE.JPG
Say what you wan't. Land Of Giants Kennals Garner Mass - Bred for size, and temperment for 30+ years! Ken Buzzel produces 120lb + dogs routinely. Mine is a giant amongst giants like Aundry the giant!

I'm very familiar with the kennel. At one time I wanted a dog from that kennel. Didn't his son take over? My point is that if you make a thread below and tell them that you have a 165lb ABPT that is papered, the responses will be pretty amusing.

General Dog Discussions

Ive got what Ive got. I have not kept in touch with Ken as my dog had super expensive medical problems he did not want to entertain.

I paid $2,500.00, for my dog, and waited 6, years after $1,00.00 deposit. I turned down two, because Ken said the would only reach 120lbs. Then he called me, and said he had the one I was waiting for. I asked him why, and he said that at 6, weeks he already weighed 3lbs, more than a typical 120lb, dog would weight! He would never had sold him if he didn't have significant health issues! Keep in mind that he could easily lose 30lbs. He is not over weight though - like an olympic power lifter. The fat muscle ratio dictates that you can not be at your strongest without the extra bulk!

I don't give a shit about what people think regarding his pedigree! Here is a photo the day I brought him home. See the lump on the cheek - first of his troubles.
Google worlds biggest pit bulls - the breed is getting larger. Keep in mind that all dogs almost came from wolves. Look what genetic manipulation can bring forth.

My friends have had dogs that were allegedly "racist" but they all loved and love me. I think it's more of the fearful reaction, body language, and attitude some Black people, etc. have towards dogs. From my own personal experience I have walking around with my dogs every day, Black people tended to be more tentative to fearful of my dogs and White people tend to want to come up and pet my dogs right away.

What was interesting when we moved up from Tennessee I had a Ridgeback and in my neighborhood I had blacks from all over various African countries come up to Ripley, no fear, excited to see her. They knew her breed.

No problemo at all. No fear. When Ripley passed and I got JimDandy and Ruby Starr, they were right from Louisiana and had no issues with any one of color.

But I was also surrounded with a lot of islanders, predominantly Jamaican and my dogs ran with their rotties. And I've never met a Jamaican in my life who didn't just adore dogs.

I really believe you've got it bang on the money on the fear or lack of fear resulting in a good or negative reaction on the dog's part.

Yep, it's a combination of owner attitude, socialization, and the other person's reaction towards the dig. People state that dogs can "smell fear", maybe they can but in my opinion what they are "smelling" is the subject's body language and the body language of the person.

Yep, it's a combination of owner attitude, socialization, and the other person's reaction towards the dig. People state that dogs can "smell fear", maybe they can but in my opinion what they are "smelling" is the subject's body language and the body language of the person.

I thought I said that :confused: Gangbangers want nothing to do with my dog, because they are punks!

General Dog Discussions

Ive got what Ive got. I have not kept in touch with Ken as my dog had super expensive medical problems he did not want to entertain.

I paid $2,500.00, for my dog, and waited 6, years after $1,00.00 deposit. I turned down two, because Ken said the would only reach 120lbs. Then he called me, and said he had the one I was waiting for. I asked him why, and he said that at 6, weeks he already weighed 3lbs, more than a typical 120lb, dog would weight! He would never had sold him if he didn't have significant health issues! Keep in mind that he could easily lose 30lbs. He is not over weight though - like an olympic power lifter. The fat muscle ratio dictates that you can not be at your strongest without the extra bulk!

I don't give a shit about what people think regarding his pedigree! Here is a photo the day I brought him home. See the lump on the cheek - first of his troubles.
Google worlds biggest pit bulls - the breed is getting larger. Keep in mind that all dogs almost came from wolves. Look what genetic manipulation can bring forth.

Good looking dog. I'm a Bulldog owner too, I've done a lot of research on the breed as well as the Mechelaar that is pictured in my avatar. My little 55lb girl right here:
View attachment 23691

We were lucky enough to move into a very dog friendly neighborhood when we came back. For a city environment it was pretty cool. Every one had a dog or was a neighbor of someone who had a dog.

All breeds, all sizes. I think because of that environment, it was really laid back and you didn't have that fear that if someone stepped in dog shit you couldn't grab on a rainy night, they'd be hunting down your dog after taking the stool sample for a DNA Forensic test.

:D

Last edited:

General Dog Discussions

Good looking dog. I'm a Bulldog owner too, I've done a lot of research on the breed as well as the Mechelaar that is pictured in my avatar. My little 55lb girl right here:
View attachment 23691
She is beautiful - I thought that was a German Shepherd? Look at this:

We were lucky enough to move into a very dog friendly neighborhood when we came back. For a city environment it was pretty cool. Every one had a dog or was a neighbor of someone who had a dog.

All breeds, all sizes. I think because of that environment, it was really laid back and you didn't have that fear that if someone stepped in dog shit you couldn't grab on a rainy night, they'd be hunting down your dog after taking the stool sample for a DNA Forensic test.

:D

:lol:

One of my brothers had a German Shepherd who was taught to hate blacks - he thought that it was prudent!

View attachment 23691
She is beautiful - I thought that was a German Shepherd? Look at this:

Thank you, the other one on my avatar is a Belgian Malinois. You can see his back on the left of my Bulldog in that piv..
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT78Hd3VXj4]KNPV ph1 Policedog, Malinois - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTVeD7rf1qc]NVBK Competion Cat1 - Lier 2006 - Decoy Mike Fransen - YouTube[/ame]

One of my brothers had a German Shepherd who was taught to hate blacks - he thought that it was prudent!

I teach mine to be protective of the house, vehicle, and get the "bad guy", he's a great jogging partner a 5am. I leave the Bulldog home with the wife, she's really protective of the house, property, and vehicle. :)

Dogs go by instinct...and it's also genetic. Certain breeds back in the day were bred especially to chase and maul a black person...german shepards in particular.
IMO...it's based on instinct and genetics.

I've lived on this earth for quite a while and I have never heard such silliness.

Tell me which breeds were bred especially to chase and maul black people?

And please include some supporting data.

Dogs like Fila Brasilieiros were. "They were taught to chase down jaguars, cattle, and other animals, as well as runaway slaves. The dogs would grab the slave or animals by the neck and hold them until the farmer arrived."

My female dog like blondes, she will go right up to them but with other people she's more reserved.

Being taught is not the same as being breed for a specific purpose, most dogs can be taught to do most anything.

It was asserted that there were dog breeds specifically bred to attack black people.

So far I have seen no supporting facts.

without hesitation.

That dog in the picture is NOT 165 pounds.

without hesitation.

That dog in the picture is NOT 165 pounds.
I 'll bet you whatever you want. I'll give you the name of the vet, and doctor - he was weighted on their electronic scale a week ago! How can you look at a picture and tell what he weighs?

Forum List

Back