racist cartoon? or not?

It would make an excellent Republican campaign poster.
Yes it would, why would anyone support over 5 million new legal workers when we have so many Americans not working?
If they`ve been here 5 years they aren`t new workers. They`re been working and now they`ll be taxpayers.
If you have been unemployed for five years, like many USMB posters, that don't mean shit anyway.
If you have been unemployed for 5 years it`s only because you don`t want a job. Plenty of good paying jobs to be had in the fracking industry but it`s real work, not cubicle work.

Yes, racist.
Not very funny.
And inaccurate.

Why are the rabid RWs so afraid to be honest about what Obama has actually done and what he said in his announcement?

Same reason why the damn Republicans have forced and continue to force 100% amnesty for all illegals.

no its not racist

kfc-shoe.gif

Nor is it classy to unlawfully enter this country and gain faux amnesty over law-abiding immigrants who have waited for years to become a citizen of America.

Didn't people hear what the president said?
Why aren't they aware of what has already happened?

Its just stunning the way some have decided what has happened and is happening in the opposite of reality. Reading this board is proof that some refuse to open their eyes and learn anything different from what they want to believe and what they are told to believe.

Yes and No.
On the surface, which is how 90% of the people will see it - yes.
However, when you look at it in the way the creator intended - it is not only not racist - but quite accurate.
It is intended as metaphorical.
The Thanksgiving dinner represents American resources. Jobs, healthcare, social security, - Jobs,,,etc. etc.
And in that sense - the cartoon is accurate.

no its not racist

kfc-shoe.gif

This is a good example of the willful ignorance I just wrote about.

And an excellent example of the racism we see in the US now.

People don't want to know the truth so they fill their lives with lies like this. Anyone wanna bet that some actually don't know it was Bush who had shoes thrown at him? Or that he was boo'd at his own inauguration?

"racist cartoon? or not?"

It's not 'racist,' it is ignorant, wrong, and fear-mongering.
Why would anyone want over supposed five million new workers when we have so many Americans not working?

They aren't new workers. They currently have jobs. That is why they came in the first place.

Yep and we invited them. When I lived outside Tucson, I saw the same illegals at my door every year and they were always going back to the very same job they'd had the year before.

Much worse however, is what the drug cartels do to Mexico and to the US. As long as the US buys their drugs, the situation won't change.

Quick question...................how would you people react if those climbing into the window were wearing Pilgrim clothing, and the person holding the turkey was standing there in a loincloth and had feathers weaved into their hair like many Native American braves?

It would be a much more accurate depiction.

It would be poignantly spot-on accurate. But it still wouldn't be making a case that either party was acting out of their race as a causation. That's why it can't be described as racist.
racism, to distinguish one race as inferior or superior to another race. Which race was portrayed with the hole in the shoe and why?

Are you serious? You're actually suggesting that if one has a hole in one's shoe it's a product of their race?? Do various races have different levels of shoes?

Call me crazy but far as I know a hole in the shoe means you've done more walking than shoe-buying. I can't see how that's related to race. I can see how it might be related to class, but that's not the question here.

He should've just called them wetbacks. Since he's engaging in completely stereotyping all hispanic people why not?
We're talking about illegals regardless of nationality. But you on the left including dumb ass obama it's all about Mexicans.
That cartoon is all about Mexicans. Hell it would've been less racist if the Mexican dad had been wearing a sombrero. And the kids smiling behind him?

Despicable.

didn't know that "mexican" was a race?

Yup. That too.

He should've just called them wetbacks. Since he's engaging in completely stereotyping all hispanic people why not?
We're talking about illegals regardless of nationality. But you on the left including dumb ass obama it's all about Mexicans.
That cartoon is all about Mexicans. Hell it would've been less racist if the Mexican dad had been wearing a sombrero. And the kids smiling behind him?

Despicable.
Ahh, a wittle sensitive ahh wee ?

Since the vast majority of illegals are Mexicans, it fits.

Just characterizing the illegals as what they are. Anyone that comes legally has my respect. Wetbacks that sneak in do not.

Calling this cartoon racist is proof that people need to lighten up!

Forum List

Back