‘Racism’ – What The Heck Is It?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PoliticalChic, Aug 13, 2019.

1. francoHFW

francoHFW Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,613
    Her facts are all wrong. disgraceful propaganda is all that makes today's GOP possible.

2. francoHFW

francoHFW Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,613
    Cable news is now 24/7 pundits arguing. It's pathetic al-jazeera has more foreign reporters and foreign offices then all American Media combined. But the GOP propaganda machine is in a class of its own, and it is better than Rush Limbaugh Savage etc etc misinformation and Hate network.

3. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,277

Who told you that?

4. impuretrash

impuretrash Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,215
    I'm not trying to change the subject. I'm aware that there are people in this world who hold unpopular opinions or who don't adhere to what the mainstream deems appropriate. And you know what? That's fine. It's not my job to purge the country of wrongthink. Trump and republicans disavow and condemn racism on a goddamn daily basis. I don't know what more you expect "the right" to do in order to "clean house".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. impuretrash

impuretrash Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,215
    Yep. It's a never ending refrain. We just never stop hearing about those dastardly white males, swinging their privilege all over the place, causing poor minority children and innocent transgenders unimaginable suffering. It's so tiresome.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  6. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56,621

I have never, not once, said "want people punished for thinking differently than I do".

Yet earlier in the thread that's exactly what you did: you listed tons of examples of folks with different opinions refer to them as 'racists.'

Or.....do you want to claim that you were extolling them????

7. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,832
    Yes, and I went nowhere near suggesting punishment or silencing. That's something you made up in your head to put me on the defensive and avoid an honest conversation.

Hey, wait a minute. That sounds familiar.

Oh, that's right. That's what the Regressive Left does when it leverages Political Correctness - it puts its target on the defensive to avoid an honest conversation.

As I always say - peas in a pod, peas in a pod.

8. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56,621

You listed them as 'racists,' not for doing anything....merely for having a different opinon.

Clearly, differing from you or government dogma is reason to 'expose and point out for vituperation' in your universe.

Now....which of these is it???
    1.Is racism ANY reference to black folks?

2. Is racism having an opinion that leaves Liberals/Democrats aghast….unless it comes from a Liberal/Democrat?

3. It is the injurious sort of act that we associate with KKKers (Democrats) of an earlier era, acts that involve actual physical violence?

4.Is it the term for a conservative winning an argument with a Liberal/Democrat?

5. Is it, when applied by a Liberal/Democrat simply virtue-signaling, like driving a Prius?

Is 'racism' an act or an idea???? Because the former shouldn't be allowed...but the latter, should.

I'm gonna stick with #3 which is what you want folks to pin on anyone you totalitarians find having a different opinion.

Having different opinions is the birthright of all Americans.

9. Mac1958

Mac1958 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,832
    I guess I'll say it yet again: Racism is both an idea/attitude and an act. It's not the either/or issue you're trying to make it.

In post 21, I provided a dozen examples that you have chosen to believe are not examples. Okay, that's fine with me. I know the game.

I realize you're putting great effort into ignoring/avoiding/minimizing the real traditional racism that still exists, and I know that you're going to deny/dismiss any and every example I provide. We both know this.

What I don't know is why you put so much effort into making things worse. Again, that's not a question, because I realize I can't believe anything you say.

Perhaps you should be having this dishonest conversation with a Regressive Lefty. That way you could share similar behaviors and tactics with them.

10. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56,621

You Fascists who demand control of what Americans say or think are in trouble.

"The torch of liberty is hot; warms those who hold it high; burns those who try to extinguish it."

Ronald Reagan

lib·er·ty
    /ˈlibərdē/

noun
    1. 1.
      the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views.

Get it????

Step back, Jack.