Racism is ok

Discussion in 'Politics' started by miami_thomas, Nov 13, 2012.

1. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Racism is apparently ok as long are you are not white. One of the major rising problems in this country is the unequal treatment of its citizens. No one seems to have a problem with the fact that 98 to 99 percent of the black vote went to Obama. Imagine what the outrage would be today if 98 to 99 percent of white people had voted for Romney. The fact is this country is becoming very accustomed to the democrats way of making it ok for one segment of the population to do something but not ok for the other segment. Funny how the democrats are the ones for big government because that is exactly the way big government is.

I know people that used to never show signs of being racist that are now starting to sound racist. I think it is great to have the first black president but the black community is showing its true colors and this has brought out racism in people I never thought I would see it in. This can be a very bad thing because perception can lead to a lot of things. People were being taught racism was wrong but now they are seeing racism being wrong is only being taught if you are white. When this idea comes and you start looking at the world with new eyes you see the things you believe and it then feeds your belief. You watch a comedy show with a minority making fun of whites and you find yourself thinking I can’t do that to another race.

This country is taking a step back and I’m not entirely sure how far this is going to go back. The sad thing is that I was so proud of this country for the steps that had been made. But now I can see a lot of it is being dragged back out and this is because this nation has always taught everyone that being a bigot is wrong but only if you are a white straight person and especially if you are a white straight man. As long as this country is not interested in teaching bigotry is wrong no matter who is doing it and who it is done too, I can see this growing even more over the next four years and I’m not sure what this will do to this nation in the long run. I guess only time will tell.

2. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    Obama has launched a vicious tribalism, forcing Americans to choose hard sides and stand firm, and chuck spears at one another.

For a shocking juxtaposition, compare where Obama is taking America to this:

[youtube]aWEw81BZhjQ[/youtube]

We all should weep for what Obama has done to our Country.

3. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    Only white people can be racist. :cool:

4. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Wait....let me get this straight......blacks are "racist" because 93%(not 98) of them voted for Obama?

Let me guess, you're one of those that believe they voted for him based on color alone?

Could'nt be that the GOP platform is all about cutting services that many black people need. I know it's hard for you to do....but put yourself in their position.

There are only about 12M African Americans in the entire country. Many of whom live in big cities, are either.unemployed or under employed. And even the ones that aren't probably know someone who is.

Along comes the New Age Extremist GOP, calling them leeches, threatening to cut them off....threatening to kill Family Planning.....blustering about the debt, but at the same time yelling about how a military that cost more than the next ten countries combined isn't enough, and how we need to cut taxes on rich folk and corporations, repealing the AHCA, etc.....

And you think it was about RACE?

That's the problem with the GOP these days. Too much Critical thinking.....according to the Limbaugh's and Savages of the country.

5. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    42 million

The number of people who identified as black, either alone or in combination with one or more other races, in the 2010 Census. They made up 13.6 percent of the total U.S. population. The black population grew by 15.4 percent from 2000 to 2010.

Read more: African American Demographics, Population, Incomes, Veterans, Education, Voting — Infoplease.com African American Demographics, Population, Incomes, Veterans, Education, Voting — Infoplease.com

6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,678
    It was all about race. YOu've told us that for months,, "we got the blacks" "we got the browns" all you Replicans have are the "whites" so yes,, it was about race and giving them free things. free food free housing free phones, free pills free medical care, free condoms, the takers have overurn the makers and it's going to pull this country down. Happy now? Good.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Ok....the source I used a few weeks ago said 38M......which is 12%....I used the percentage as the actual number.

I fucked up.....sorry about that...I just used the same number in a different thread....gotta go rectify that.

8. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    I told you that? go fuck yourself.....I've said nothing of the sort.

9. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    The OP has no idea what the definition of racism is.

10. miami_thomas

miami_thomas VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I have 5 black friends three of which are republicans. All of them voted for Obama and it had nothing to do with his politics period.