A Note About Those Stupid Secession Petitions

JWBooth

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2009
The Free Texas Republic
Has anybody commenting on this bothered to notice that these are online petitions, they have no legal standing whatsoever and are nothing more than mental masturbation for people with a Truthmatters/Thanatos IQ?

This secession thing didn't work 150 years ago when the states were in a far better position to pull it off and had several months to prepare before hostilities began.

I am an ardent secessionist, but not the way most people think of when they hear the term. I fully and truly believe in self determination for anybody and everybody, Quebec, Vermont, Gaza, Chechnya, Tibet. Texas. More power to them.

That said, ya gotta be realistic. There is no way the national government pats anybody on the back and wishes them luck. Hell, it takes an act of God to renounce citizenship these days. Further, state governments are peopled by politicians wedded to the notion of their place at the trough and all entertain notions of moving up to an office in D.C. someday. Ain't happening, and nobody in a position to make it happen is seriously going to suggest it.

Just sayin...

let em go...let them form there own army...their own currency etc......not as easy as dumbasses think

Assuming for a moment that the parting was amicable.
The currency thing is fairly easy, a number of countries de facto currency is US. The Army part would depend on which state is being discussed. Any of the states on the northern border, from Idaho to Vermont would have no need, as there is not a neighboring belligerent government to worry about.

Southern border states and those with seaports would have security concerns.

let em go...let them form there own army...their own currency etc......not as easy as dumbasses think

Assuming for a moment that the parting was amicable.
The currency thing is fairly easy, a number of countries de facto currency is US. The Army part would depend on which state is being discussed. Any of the states on the northern border, from Idaho to Vermont would have no need, as there is not a neighboring belligerent government to worry about.

Southern border states and those with seaports would have security concerns.
I wouldn't be so complacent about Canada. After all, they have plenty of snowballs, hockey sticks, Molson Beer and Back Bacon at their disposal that they could use against us.

Anyone remember the movie "Canadian Bacon"? It went to show that a war with Canada would be an absolute farce. I did love Alan Alda's line (playing the part of the President): "Surrender pronto...or we'll level Toronto!"

I will try to stop them. I live in Texas. 40% of us Texans won't stand for it.

Has anybody commenting on this bothered to notice that these are online petitions, they have no legal standing whatsoever and are nothing more than mental masturbation for people with a Truthmatters/Thanatos IQ?

This secession thing didn't work 150 years ago when the states were in a far better position to pull it off and had several months to prepare before hostilities began.

I am an ardent secessionist, but not the way most people think of when they hear the term. I fully and truly believe in self determination for anybody and everybody, Quebec, Vermont, Gaza, Chechnya, Tibet. Texas. More power to them.

That said, ya gotta be realistic. There is no way the national government pats anybody on the back and wishes them luck. Hell, it takes an act of God to renounce citizenship these days. Further, state governments are peopled by politicians wedded to the notion of their place at the trough and all entertain notions of moving up to an office in D.C. someday. Ain't happening, and nobody in a position to make it happen is seriously going to suggest it.

Just sayin...

25000 stupid teapublican racist have signed this. Just remember those would be slaves are armed this time. We will not let President Obama let you off the hook like President Lincoln did. This time no kiss and makeup quarter will be given to the enemy at all:mad:

Just sayin...

25000 stupid teapublican racist have signed this. Just remember those would be slaves are armed this time. We will not let President Obama let you off the hook like President Lincoln did. This time no kiss and makeup quarter will be given to the enemy at all:mad:

Some of the slaves did happen to get armed back then. And they fucked the SHIT out of those white conservative bastards. Commandeered ships and all kinds of other cool stuff.

Good Lord, grow a brain or something. Keyboard warriors are at best boring and at worst annoying.

Last edited:
These petitions are a way to seek attention

If they truly want to do it, there is no need to put it in front of the White House... Actually, IMHO, it is an insult to the declaration of independence...

Oh.. and big talk there Zarius... But remember that conservatives are not racist by nature and I don't think your little soap box preaching behind a computer screen about 'no quarter' makes you any sort of man

Just sayin...

Some of the slaves did happen to get armed back then. And they fucked the SHIT out of those white conservative bastards. Commandeered ships and all kinds of other cool stuff.

It will be worse this time. I'm sick of these fucking tea party threats. Do something scared bitches

Good Lord, grow a brain or something. Keyboard warriors are at best boring and at worst annoying.

Stupid racist tea party will be destroyed:mad:

Just sayin...

"we will not let President obama let you off the hook" I'll have to think about that one.

These petitions are a way to seek attention

If they truly want to do it, there is no need to put it in front of the White House... Actually, IMHO, it is an insult to the declaration of independence...

Oh.. and big talk there Zarius... But remember that conservatives are not racist by nature and I don't think your little soap box preaching behind a computer screen about 'no quarter' makes you any sort of man

Big talk......really coming from a teapublican? Ive got the radio on and the racist teapublicans are calling in talking BIG TALK about succession. Go ahead damn it! And by the way all conservatives are not racist but all racist are conservatives

The best way to destroy the obamamerica is from within. Just as the leftists did. It can be done to them too. There is a method to the undermine that's more effective than an overt attack.

Those who have money and can get out will. They will take their business and industry with them. Those that are left must use what weapons that are available to them, those of subtrefuge and small sabotage.

Just sayin...

"we will not let President obama let you off the hook" I'll have to think about that one.

Reconstruction

Forum List

Back