Racism is dead

"Death Threats against Obama are up 400% compared to other Presidents I believe."

You've heard this number bandied about a lot here lately. Don't you find it the least bit odd though that they claim there are all these threats but you see nothing about anyone being arrested. Sure there were a couple right at the beginning but that is it! It makes me wonder what they're basing their assumptions of a "threat" as.

The majority of them details are kept under wraps as to not create copycat attempts.

How do you know this? You have insider info we don't have?

There are threats against all presidents, always.

Yeah right! Hey, I've got some beach front property in Montana for sale really really cheap. Interested?

This really isn't surprising nor the first time.

My question is why are you surprised? All those people you see on TELEVISION with their guns and signs saying that the blood of tyrants must be spilled once again to refresh the tree of liberty and you seriously don't think more than a few of them are willing to do so if they got close enough to Obama?

Only in YOUR eyes and YOUR perpetual victimhood do you see a threat around every corner. YOUR words are what are typical here. Sorry, that dog don't hunt. The numbers are grossly over stated nothing more. Every President we've ever had received death threats. This is just a new way to play the race card. Trust me, if this was true they would never allow him to leave the White House. It's people like you with your attitude that are the problem here. NOT the "boogy man" you see around every corner.

ummm pumpkin...the guy is WRITING A BOOK. Please explain to us all with all your wisdom and inside information just HOW that is "keeping it under wraps"! Just because you say you hate someone does NOT mean you're going to go out and try to kill them. What are you anyway? 12?

How do you know this? You have insider info we don't have?

There are threats against all presidents, always.

Actually, yes I do technically.

Why I Hate Barack Obama! Pastor Steven Anderson Sermon | Video Cafe

A book is being written by someone who was a member of the secret service as well that states Obama is getting 30 death threats a day. Remember, this is up 400% compared to previous Presidents.

But how is that proof he gets threats and no other president has? If I remember correctly, it wasn't too many years ago we had an assassination attempt on a president.
We have had a few actually assassinated.
Unfortunately it goes with the territory.

So you believe it is happening against Obama due to his color?

You may be correct. But this STILL has nothing to do with the OP of this thread.

Calling me a racist b/c I may not agree with Obama is absurd. Calling me a racist merely b/c I have conservative views is absurd.
The word itself is used so much, it doesn't mean much anymore. That is pretty darn pathetic IMO.

Only in YOUR eyes and YOUR perpetual victimhood do you see a threat around every corner. YOUR words are what are typical here. Sorry, that dog don't hunt. The numbers are grossly over stated nothing more. Every President we've ever had received death threats. This is just a new way to play the race card. Trust me, if this was true they would never allow him to leave the White House. It's people like you with your attitude that are the problem here. NOT the "boogy man" you see around every corner.

The only person here who brought up the race card is you. However, the fact of the matter is that this is our first African American President so many angry whites may be making death threats.

Also, Obama just can't stay in the White House all day long, he's the President and has to show he's not scared of the psychos.

Obama presidency 'ignites Ku Klux Klan' | World News | News.com.au

But yup, keep being ignorant and believing that nobody wants to kill Obama. That way, when he does get shot, you can just claim that it was that one single death threat that got through.

Also, before you claim "Oh my god! It's just one person saying these things!"

That's the former head of the KKK, if anyone is going to know anything about this subject, it's one of the leaders of one the biggest hate organizations in the country in history.

ANYONE with a set of belief's is partisan. I have always laughed at people trying to use partisan as an insult....it isn't.

I DO see the ''you are racist b/c you disagree with Obama and he is black'' being used constantly.
You can't deny it.

What the OP was about is NONE of this is even true racism, and now days true racism has been watered down.
If anyone wants to call me a racist b/c I may disagree with a BELIEF of Obama's...go for it, I could care less.

I'm not denying it. Those people are ignorant. HOWEVER, to deny that is no racism against Obama would be naive and ignorant. Death Threats against Obama are up 400% compared to other Presidents I believe.

That was MY point.

And the NUTBURGERS want to equate your statistice into everyone that disagrees with Obama is a Rascist, and seekd his DEMISE. And that's what they are portraying.

There's NO denying it. They are lumping everyone that disagrees with Obama into the same kettle, when it's FAR from the truth of the matter.

They're gonna LOSE on this issue. People are sick of this shit. INCLUDE ME in the mix. It's sick, twisted, and juvenile on their part.

Find another schtick, ONE of substance and ONE on the ISSUES instead of what's IN their own rascist minds. Projection is UGLY.

Calling me a racist b/c I may not agree with Obama is absurd. Calling me a racist merely b/c I have conservative views is absurd.
The word itself is used so much, it doesn't mean much anymore. That is pretty darn pathetic IMO.

Problem is, you're putting words in MY mouth because I'm not saying either.

My one and only simple point: If one says there is NO RACISM against Obama in GENERAL, then they are IGNORANT. Simple as that.

And the NUTBURGERS want to equate your statistice into everyone that disagrees with Obama is a Rascist, and seekd his DEMISE. And that's what they are portraying.

There's NO denying it. They are lumping everyone that disagrees with Obama into the same kettle, when it's FAR from the truth of the matter.

They're gonna LOSE on this issue. People are sick of this shit. INCLUDE ME in the mix. It's sick, twisted, and juvenile on their part.

Find another schtick, ONE of substance and ONE on the ISSUES instead of what's IN their own rascist minds. Projection is UGLY.

Well that is the exact reason they are nutburgers.

My one and only simple point: If one says there is NO RACISM against Obama in GENERAL, then they are IGNORANT. Simple as that.

LOL I was not putting any words in your mouth. I was using the collective you. No argument there.

I'm curious as to who in the opposition actually has said such a thing? *sniff, sniff* I'm getting a waff of a strawman.

hmmmmmmmmmmm you're talking about Robert Byrd right? Oh wait, he's no longer a grand wizard because he sits in a seat of power in Washington. Get a grip here kid. YOU are the one believing everything they put out there obviously. Fear mongering and the race card have become the mainstay of the DNC these days. Tell you what, you choose to hide under your bed seeing a boogey man around every corner. I'll choose to see what is going on right in front of my eyes. No one has even gotten close to Obama in a threatening manner. There's been what? TWO actual arrests made for making a threat against Obama. Wasn't that long ago they arrested a guy for threatening to shoot George Bush. hmmmmmmmm he's not the President anymore either.

As I said, you go right on believing just what they want you to believe. YOU and those like you are the problem in this country right now. It's because of people like you and this allusion you have of "you just wait, someone's gonna shoot Obama and it'll be an evil whitey" that has helped set race relations in this country back 50 years. The day you maybe wake up and smell the coffee is, I fear, going to be a real doozy for you. When you realize that the media hype you've been sucking down is just that...HYPE...I feel for what it's going to do to your psyche. Sad....really really Sad.

I'm curious as to who in the opposition actually has said such a thing? *sniff, sniff* I'm getting a waff of a strawman.

The article's point that it's all the left's fault that the word "racist" has lost all meaning. I say that it's ignorance and closed minded on the blog's part. However, I'm not surprised considering the source. :eusa_eh:

Then all is well b/c no one said it. Simple as that. ;)

Again derailed and ignoring the OP though. I am speaking out against being called a racist merely due to disagreeing.

It's become apparent that if one disagrees with Obama's policies one is labeled a racist. I'm a Catholic with an uncle a priest, I married a Jew. I dated several black guys, am currently involved with an Hispanic. So I'm a racist. Right. One of my sons is nearly engaged to a Jew. Another is involved with an Asian. My daughter, well she is living with a white, protestant. Go figure.

Typical Conservative.

hmmmmmmmmmmm you're talking about Robert Byrd right? Oh wait, he's no longer a grand wizard because he sits in a seat of power in Washington. Get a grip here kid. YOU are the one believing everything they put out there obviously. Fear mongering and the race card have become the mainstay of the DNC these days. Tell you what, you choose to hide under your bed seeing a boogey man around every corner. I'll choose to see what is going on right in front of my eyes. No one has even gotten close to Obama in a threatening manner. There's been what? TWO actual arrests made for making a threat against Obama. Wasn't that long ago they arrested a guy for threatening to shoot George Bush. hmmmmmmmm he's not the President anymore either.

As I said, you go right on believing just what they want you to believe. YOU and those like you are the problem in this country right now. It's because of people like you and this allusion you have of "you just wait, someone's gonna shoot Obama and it'll be an evil whitey" that has helped set race relations in this country back 50 years. The day you maybe wake up and smell the coffee is, I fear, going to be a real doozy for you. When you realize that the media hype you've been sucking down is just that...HYPE...I feel for what it's going to do to your psyche. Sad....really really Sad.

Sen. Robert Byrd, one-time KKK member, backs Barack Obama | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

I'm not a Democrat, so take the Strawman arguments elsewhere. Also, just because you call me "kid" doesn't make it true, so nice try.

I don't believe everything they said. However, the former head of the KKK and the Secret Service have no reason to lie. Unless, of course, you believe it's all a conspiracy. :cuckoo:

I never said someone's going to shoot Obama and it's going to be "evil whitey." I never said anything about race. I said the people you said on television who say the blood of tyrants must be spilled with their guns in hand. Considering the history of this country, such things are not to be taken lightly.

What's sad is your baseless attacks against me instead of just admitting that there be someone out there who's racist against Obama and wants to see him dead.

By the way....I read your little fluff piece by the "born again KKK guy". If you believe that they send him emails telling him this stuff, well, again, about that beach front property in Montana..........

Get a grip....they wouldn't send him emails saying such knowing he's fighting against them. Are you really that gullible?

Then all is well b/c no one said it. Simple as that. ;)

Again derailed and ignoring the OP though. I am speaking out against being called a racist merely due to disagreeing.

It's what the article is saying practically. It's also blaming the left, while refusing to admit the faults of the right.

What you just said was PART of the article, however it was only a point in the article. I agree people shouldn't be called racist due to just disagreeing, that's ignorance.

Trust me, you're talking to someone who has been called an anti-semite several times on this board for simply disagreeing with some of the more VERY-PRO Israel people on this board.

Forum List

Back