Racism In Japan. But Look At His Choice Of Words

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
I highlighted the phrase that jumped out at me. Since when does one equal the other?

--

An independent investigator for the UN says racism in Japan is deep and profound, and the government does not recognise the depth of the problem.

Doudou Diene, a UN special rapporteur on racism and xenophobia, was speaking at the end of a nine-day tour of the country.

He said Japan should introduce new legislation to combat discrimination.

Mr Diene travelled to several Japanese cities during his visit, meeting minority groups and touring slums.

He said that although the government helped to organise his visit, he felt many officials failed to recognise the seriousness of the racism and discrimination minorities suffered.

He was also concerned that politicians used racist or nationalist themes, as he put it, to whip up popular emotions. He singled out the treatment of ethnic Koreans and Chinese and indigenous tribes.

Mr Diene says he plans to recommend that Japan enact a law against discrimination, which he said should be drawn up in consultation with minority groups.

He said he would now wait for the Japanese government to respond to his comments before submitting a report to the United Nations.
---

Racism and nationalism are now the same thing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4671687.stm

You missed the memo? Of course they are. When it's convenient. ;)

Sure.

The root word of "nationalism" is "natal," which is a reference to birth. Same for "nation," "national," etc. That's a very blood-oriented concept, of which race is related. Essentially, "nation" is race and "race" is nation.

True nationalists are racists. True patriots (again, root word is pater, FATHER, as in FATHTERLAND) are nationalists, true nationalists are patriots and so on.

Point is, it's about race, people. The Japanese have it down, and they kick ass. Whites, we've broken through a time or two in history, but we need to get back to basics.

Whites rise up! You have nothing to lose but your Mexicans. And a few others.

William Joyce said:
Sure.

The root word of "nationalism" is "natal," which is a reference to birth. Same for "nation," "national," etc. That's a very blood-oriented concept, of which race is related. Essentially, "nation" is race and "race" is nation.

True nationalists are racists. True patriots (again, root word is pater, FATHER, as in FATHTERLAND) are nationalists, true nationalists are patriots and so on.

Point is, it's about race, people. The Japanese have it down, and they kick ass. Whites, we've broken through a time or two in history, but we need to get back to basics.

Whites rise up! You have nothing to lose but your Mexicans. And a few others.

I think the idealistic idea of the US being a melting pot is still too rampant.

dilloduck said:
I think the idealistic idea of the US being a melting pot is still too rampant.

Read the inscription on the Statue Of Liberty and then the U.S. Constitution and tell me what you see.

OCA said:
Read the inscription on the Statue Of Liberty and then the U.S. Constitution and tell me what you see.

A promise that we are becoming increasingly unable to keep without seriously threatening the livlihood of all who are already here

Man, every country in Asia is racist... you can be that way when you have a homogeneous society!

freeandfun1 said:
Man, every country in Asia is racist... you can be that way when you have a homogeneous society!

Yep, simply told America was never set up to be that way, its a fantasy of many that it was, but it never will be.

Forum List

Back