Rachel Maddow show blames Venezuela riots on Trump

So, they will look for absolutely any opportunity to do so.

It's too easy for them.

It is incumbent on the audience to resist the chicanery. But they seem unwilling or incapable to do so. They have their own investments in it.

Nothing will change until we the people start demanding it.

Yeah, people like you did just that in Venezuela. See how well that turned out...
People like me? Did what in Venezuela?

The people in Venezuela demanded change.... and they got it.... didn't turn out too well.
They resisted the "chicanery"... and created a nightmare.

I suppose when you are voting for someone you can never be totally sure how that person will govern. Luckily for us here in America we have a system that was designed with safeguards to try and prevent such outcomes as were seen in Venezuela. I guess Venezuelans weren't so lucky.

It's too easy for them.

It is incumbent on the audience to resist the chicanery. But they seem unwilling or incapable to do so. They have their own investments in it.

Yeah, people like you did just that in Venezuela. See how well that turned out...

The people in Venezuela demanded change.... and they got it.... didn't turn out too well.

I suppose when you are voting for someone you can never be totally sure how that person will govern. Luckily for us here in America we have a system that was designed with safeguards to try and prevent such outcomes as were seen in Venezuela. I guess Venezuelans weren't so lucky.

The system is only as good as the people in it.

And ours is breaking down quickly.

Do not feel smug looking at Venezuela.

It's too easy for them.

Not smug about it at all. The fact remains that we can't alter our constitution by a popular referendum.

Not smug about it at all. The fact remains that we can't alter our constitution by a popular referendum.

No, we just ignore it, or call it a "living document" or pretend that a word means something it has never meant before.

No, we just ignore it, or call it a "living document" or pretend that a word means something it has never meant before.
What do you suppose would happen to Trump if our constitution granted us the ability to hold a recall referendum based on a petition that garnered 20% of the electorates approval? Do you think Trump would attempt to abolish Congress?

It's too easy for them.

That's not true.

Venezuela had many of the exact same safeguards. They had referendums to change those safe guards, and won.

This is the problem with Democracy. If 51% of the people who vote, determine that your rights are suspended, then they are gone.

Many of the things going on in Venezuela right now, are things that were illegal until the populist uprising overthrew the rule of law.

The evil rich were hording wealth, so the laws were changed to allow the confiscation of land.
The evil wealthy were influencing the public, so the laws were changed to eliminate free-media.
The evil 1% were protesting, so the laws were changed to allow militia groups to patrol the streets.
The evil Capitalists were hording food, so the laws were changed to allow the Venezuela military to occupy civilian areas, and confiscate food stores.

The moment you topple the system of government for a left-wing ideology, all that crap about rights and constitutional constraints and safeguards will go right out the window.

In 2008, Maxine Waters accidentally said on an open mic, that she would nationalize the oil companies.

You can even see it on the faces of the two people behind her. They know what she would do given the chance. They all do. We all do.

Do you know how many 'safeguards' the government stepping in and just confiscating the private property of American citizens, that would violate? Dozens. That's unconstitutional on dozens of different grounds.

She doesn't care. None of the left-wing does. And if the left-wing ever gained total control in a populist movement, like Hugo Chavez did.... ALL of your safeguards would cease to exist... just like in Venezuela. All those protections for the people were gone in a flash.

Barack Obama certainly tried to break it down, when he couldn't get Congress to go along with the policies that he wanted, he tried to use his “pen and his phone” to illegally seize via executive orders the power reserved to Congress. Fortunately, the courts shut him down in most instances, and what abuses he did manage to temporarily get away with, Mr. Trump has made a point of reversing. That Mr. Obama was allowed to go as far amok as he was could be seen as a failure of the system of checks and balances built into our system of government, but in the end, it all worked as it was supposed to.

That's not true.

Venezuela had many of the exact same safeguards. They had referendums to change those safe guards, and won.
Venezuela has not known political stability. They have had 11 different constitutions since their independence in 1811.
This is the problem with Democracy. If 51% of the people who vote, determine that your rights are suspended, then they are gone.
Yes, this is one of those safeguards I was referring to. We do not run our country by popular referendum.
The moment you topple the system of government for a left-wing ideology, all that crap about rights and constitutional constraints and safeguards will go right out the window.
And what of the right wing puppet governments that have been installed throughout Latin America by the US? They respected human rights and the rule of law? Give me a break.

That's not true.

Venezuela has not known political stability. They have had 11 different constitutions since their independence in 1811.
Yes, this is one of those safeguards I was referring to. We do not run our country by popular referendum.
And what of the right wing puppet governments that have been installed throughout Latin America by the US? They respected human rights and the rule of law? Give me a break.

Interesting. List them.

The left is pushing for a pure popular referendum every year. I am convinced it will in fact, happen.

Barack Obama certainly tried to break it down, when he couldn't get Congress to go along with the policies that he wanted, he tried to use his “pen and his phone” to illegally seize via executive orders the power reserved to Congress. Fortunately, the courts shut him down in most instances, and what abuses he did manage to temporarily get away with, Mr. Trump has made a point of reversing. That Mr. Obama was allowed to go as far amok as he was could be seen as a failure of the system of checks and balances built into our system of government, but in the end, it all worked as it was supposed to.

What was the breakdown of those court votes by party appointment?

Was Obama stopped by fellow lefties who were putting their responsibility to the Constitution ahead of Party?

Or was it the exact opposite of that?

Interesting. List them.
Constitutional History of Venezuela
The left is pushing for a pure popular referendum every year. I am convinced it will in fact, happen.
:rolleyes-41:

It's just my opinion. I think it will happen.

When I said I was curious, and to list them....
I was referring to your claim that US installed.... Latin American puppet governments.

List those please.
You should be more specific. It is not readily apparent where you are steering the conversation. Not since you first took my words and reappointed them for your own like.

Here you go. This list does not include all the other US interventions in Latin America carried out in the name of capitalism that were sold as "democracy".
1954 Guatemalan coup d'état - Wikipedia
1964 Brazilian coup d'état - Wikipedia
1973 Chilean coup d'état - Wikipedia

Last edited:
hey MW,dont you agree with me that this sealybobo poster on this thread is a sad excuse for a human being? he obviously works for the DNC committe cause he will acknowledge the truth that 9/11 was an inside job carried out by the neocons in the bush administration and bush and chaney had a huge hand in it,but as you can see,he ignores facts how clinton murdered women and children at waco,you should go here and tell him off how i took him to school.

24 year ago today US government used chemical weapons on its own citizens

she actually at one time was respectable as hard as it is to believe.I mean look at her here, she did what few media people in the mainstream media have the balls to do,expose the truth on the corruption of reagan and how it was a MYTH that he was for the littleman and lower class familys.That the REAL truth about him,was he was nothing but a TRAITER to americans and SHOULD have been impeached same as Nixon.:rolleyes: This is actually some very good work by her.:thup: as i said,at one time,she was respectable as you can see in this video below where she documents it all.:thup:

Last edited:
she actually at one time was respectable as hard as it is to believe.I mean look at her here, she did what few media people in the mainstream media have the balls to do,expose the truth on the corruption of reagan and how it was a MYTH that he was for the littleman and lower class familys.That the REAL truth about him,was he was nothing but a TRAITER to americans and SHOULD have been impeached same as Nixon.:rolleyes: This is actually some very good work by her.:thup: as i said,at one time,she was respectable as you can see in this video below where she documents it all.:thup:

But it's not true. They exposed lies, that is true... namely everything they said was a lie. This video exposes those lies. It's an entire video of lies.

But it's not true. They exposed lies, that is true... namely everything they said was a lie. This video exposes those lies. It's an entire video of lies.

you are obviously a reaganut worshipper in denial,:lmao: you obviously did not even watch the video.:badgrin: Had you done so, you would have seen the proof in the video it is all true.:muahaha: :rolleyes-41: hate to break your heart charlie but it all is true.you have done no research on reagan obviously cause had you lived through the reagan years as i did,you would remember what an ecomomic nightmare it was.you have obviously only beeing going by what the corrupt media and our corrupt schools have spoonfed you over the years. had you dont any research you would know this has all been documented by many sources from the 80's back then.:lmao: again,you might actually take the time to watch the video the next time.the WHOLE video.:rolleyes-41:

you are obviously a reaganut worshipper in denial,:lmao: you obviously did not even watch the video.:badgrin: Had you done so, you would have seen the proof in the video it is all true.:muahaha: :rolleyes-41: hate to break your heart charlie but it all is true.you have done no research on reagan obviously cause had you lived through the reagan years as i did,you would remember what an ecomomic nightmare it was.you have obviously only beeing going by what the corrupt media and our corrupt schools have spoonfed you over the years. had you dont any research you would know this has all been documented by many sources from the 80's back then.:lmao: again,you might actually take the time to watch the video the next time.the WHOLE video.:rolleyes-41:

I see Bob Blaylock is ALSO a brainwashed reaganut sheep in denial how reagan betrayed the middle class how he is ALSO afraid to watch that video.:lmao:

I admire Robert Reich, because he has a social conscience. However, if I were writing about the current Republican/Obama tax cut, I would not help the Republicans put Ronald Reagan’s name on it. Outside of progressive circles, which reflexively blame Reagan, the 40th president is still popular, because the 1980s were the last of the good times. Who prefers 21st century America to the Reagan 1980s?

Supply-side economics did not originate with Reagan.
In his recent article “Reaganomics Redux” in Reader Supported News (17 December), Reich writes that “Ronald Reagan came to Washington intent on reducing taxes on the wealthy and shrinking every aspect of government except defense.” As Reagan’s first Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy, often labeled both in praise and derision “the father of Reaganomics,” I would like to offer a different perspective.

Reagan came to Washington to put an end to stagflation and the cold war. Keynesian demand management had the wrong policy mix. Easy money pumped up aggregate demand, but high tax rates reduced the response of supply to demand. Consequently, prices rose. The problem was reflected in worsening “Phillips curve” tradeoffs between inflation and employment. As time passed, higher rates of unemployment were required to bring down inflation, and higher rates of inflation were required to boost employment.

Washington was concerned, including Democrats in Congress, because stagflation threatened every category in the budget.

The supply-side policy, which some label Reaganomics, reversed the policy mix. Monetary policy was tightened to lower aggregate demand, and marginal tax rates were reduced in order to boost the response of supply.

The policy worked. The economy ceased to experience worsening tradeoffs between inflation and unemployment. I described the policy change in my book, The Supply-Side Revolution, published after exacting peer review by Harvard University Press in 1984.

The Reagan tax rate reduction was modeled on the John F. Kennedy tax rate reduction, which was strongly supported by Reich’s Keynesian colleagues in Kennedy’s time. Both the Kennedy and Reagan tax rate reductions cut marginal tax rates (the rate of tax on additional income) proportionally across the board. Everyone got roughly the same percentage cut in tax rates.

Both the Kennedy and Reagan tax rate reductions raised distributional issues. As the higher incomes are taxed at higher rates, those with higher incomes pay far larger dollar amounts. Thus, when rates are reduced, those with higher incomes get more dollars back. But proportionally both tax rate reductions were equal for everyone. Progressives have focused on who got the most dollars back without acknowledging that lower income people were suffering the most from stagflation.

The Reagan tax rate reductions on earned income were proposed as 30% across the board phased in over three years. If memory serves, when enacted, they were a bit less. Using the 30% figure, the top tax rate on wages and salaries was reduced from 50%–the tax rate on a 19th century American slave–to 35%–a higher tax rate than that imposed on medieval serfs.

In 1980 the top tax rate on investment income (“unearned income”) was 70%. It was not Reagan, but the Michigan Democrat William M. Brodhead who put the amendment on the Reagan tax rate reduction bill to reduce immediately the top tax rate on investment income from 70% to 50%........................CONTINUED

REAGANOMICS
Reaganomics

Forum List

Back