Rachel Brand is resigning from Justice Department

Obama meant to say primaries instead of states, and he corrected it.

really?

got a link?

In the Democratic Primaries we have contests in each of the 50 states. Plus DC, the US territories, Americans Abroad and Texas actually has 2 contests, the states primary and they also do a caucus that I think is just for party leadership in the state. Add them all up and it's exactly 57 primary races on the democrat side. Obama's gaffe was not that he thought there were 57 states but he referred to all of the primary districts

50 states
Puerto Rico
The US Virgin Islands
Guam
American Samoa
Washington, DC
Americans Abroad
The extra Texas Caucus

50 states + 4 territories + 1 Capital District + 1 for Americans Abroad + 1 more for Texas caucuses = 57 primary contests.

Obama meant to say primaries instead of states, and he corrected it.

really?

got a link?

In the Democratic Primaries we have contests in each of the 50 states. Plus DC, the US territories, Americans Abroad and Texas actually has 2 contests, the states primary and they also do a caucus that I think is just for party leadership in the state. Add them all up and it's exactly 57 primary races on the democrat side. Obama's gaffe was not that he thought there were 57 states but he referred to all of the primary districts

50 states
Puerto Rico
The US Virgin Islands
Guam
American Samoa
Washington, DC
Americans Abroad
The extra Texas Caucus

50 states + 4 territories + 1 Capital District + 1 for Americans Abroad + 1 more for Texas caucuses = 57 primary contests.

and you have a link, as you stated, of Obama claiming he meant primaries, not states.

Because even Snopes has quoted him of admitting to fucking it up.
:th_spinspin:

Did you not read what I said ?? He is tooooo trustworthy of a guy. Wants to work with everyone. Ain't happening, and he's learning fast.
Trump claims he's a great judge of character, that he only hires the best people. Trump even personally interviewed US attorneys.

Do you now claim Trump is dumb as dirt, when it comes to hiring people.
.Not dumb at all, but just hopeful for those he had put his trust in. Sadly the deep state is so entrenched that hardly no one can be trusted.

Not dumb at all, but just hopeful for those he had put his trust in. Sadly the deep state is so entrenched that hardly no one can be trusted.

Dude, when you're the boss, you learn to pick the right people for the job.

Trump is incapable.

When you pick a pair of shoes that don't fit, you don't blame the shoes.

Last edited:
50 states
Puerto Rico
The US Virgin Islands
Guam
American Samoa
Washington, DC
Americans Abroad
The extra Texas Caucus

and you have a link, as you stated, of Obama claiming he meant primaries, not states.

Do you have a link what Trump meant when he said Hawaii wasn't a state?

50 states
Puerto Rico
The US Virgin Islands
Guam
American Samoa
Washington, DC
Americans Abroad
The extra Texas Caucus

Do you have a link what Trump meant when he said Hawaii wasn't a state?

Never heard him say it...

but then, I'm not trying to spin it either.

Trump is weeding out those who aren’t meeting his high expectations.

This man, President Trump, wants only the best working for us. :)

Trump has lost 1/3rd of his top staff. He's gone through dozens of top people, and has thousands of vacancies yet to fill.

You would think a businessman would know how to hire. But Trump is the worst judge of character, and thinks the government should be run like the apprentice.
. Seen it a million times, where a company gets laid back, becomes unproductive, loses profit, becomes unsafe, and is being run by radical liberals. Then you have someone at or near the top to finally recognize the problem, so they go out and hire and/or promote a person in which they think can bring about a positive change, bring back order, gain market share again, profit once again, and grow a culture of safety back into the company. Usually bringing a company or in our case a nation back is a very tough thing, but if you get the right person to do it, then the best way to gauge the progress is to watch the deep state/old management teams lose their minds as they are delt with in a very Stern way. Taking the crazy house back from the patients is a very tough thing once it gets so out of control, but if succeed then everyone finally realizes how bad it was once they see how organized and safe it can be again when straightened back out.

Not dumb at all, but just hopeful for those he had put his trust in. Sadly the deep state is so entrenched that hardly no one can be trusted.

Dude, when you're the boss, you learn to pick the right people for the job.

Trump is incapable.

When you pick a pair of shoes that don't fit, you don't blame the shoes.
. That's right, you just quickly exchange the shoes because there is no shortage of shoes is there ? A great pair of shoes are always out there, but patience to find them is well worth the hunt always. Having 4 years to get the right shoes on, and to get them in step with the voters is short, so with a mess like the Demon-crats made in the shoe store, it's tough finding the right pairs in order to get the job done within the time frames gained in the case.

Shame. I like her. I suspect she didn't want any part of what is to come. I don't blame her. I wish her well.
And what is there to come ?? Do tell or are you just hopeful ?? What do you have to gain in it all ?? Do tell.

Taking the crazy house back from the patients is a very tough thing once it gets so out of control, but if succeed then everyone finally realizes how bad it was once they see how organized and safe it can be again when straightened back out.

Great analogy, except the white house is now the craziest it's been in modern history.
Trump has taken out more of his own people, from Amarosa to Zinke.

Taking the crazy house back from the patients is a very tough thing once it gets so out of control, but if succeed then everyone finally realizes how bad it was once they see how organized and safe it can be again when straightened back out.

Great analogy, except the white house is now the craziest it's been in modern history.
.Trump taking them out or are they taking their ownselves out ??

.Trump taking them out or are they taking their ownselves out ??

Some are trying to avoid the spotlight by getting out of town before the shit hits the fan. I wouldn't say that Rachel Brand has anything to hide though, nothing so far indicates anything to be concerning. The atmosphere in DC must be truly awful, hard to blame even the honest people from bailing. Which is a real shame cuz we need as many honorable people in positions of trust that we can get.

.Not talking about the white house, but rather the entire nation as a house ..... A house divided shall not stand, and Obama was a super divider once he got his race baiting ace in that seat. Obama was just like Clinton was about to be (a pawn for empowering groups through government support, otherwise for those wanting to see America brought down to size), and to have white people brought down to size also. It was a foolish waste of time and money in supporting their anti-white agenda's.

Shame. I like her. I suspect she didn't want any part of what is to come. I don't blame her. I wish her well.
And what is there to come ?? Do tell or are you just hopeful ?? What do you have to gain in it all ?? Do tell.

A shitstorm either way. DC is an angry hornet's nest. No way would I want to be any kind of significant figure there at this moment. It could easily be the death of a political or public service career. I like her. I was looking forward to her stepping up.

I just want the truth at this point. I used to want the truth with minimal damage, but we're beyond that I think. Heads should roll, however high up, no matter which side of the aisle. If our representatives in government are that careless with our laws, it is time to make some examples.

I don't think Brand is a hack or corrupt. I think she could have done it. Plus, she's a girl. We all know girls rule and boys drool.

Rachel_Brand_official_photo.jpg

WASHINGTON — Rachel L. Brand, the No. 3 official at the Justice Department, plans to step down after nine months on the job as the country’s top law enforcement agency has been under attack by President Trump, according to two people briefed on her decision.

Ms. Brand’s profile had risen in part because she is next in the line of succession behind the deputy attorney general, Rod J. Rosenstein, who is overseeing the special counsel’s inquiry into Russian influence in the 2016 election. Mr. Trump, who has called the investigation a witch hunt, has considered firing Mr. Rosenstein.

Such a move could have put her in charge of the special counsel and, by extension, left her in the cross hairs of the president.

Ms. Brand, who became the associate attorney general in May 2017, is leaving for a job as general counsel in the private sector. She has held politically appointed positions in the past three presidential administrations.

In her current job, she reports directly to Mr. Rosenstein and Jeff Sessions, the attorney general, who has recused himself from the Russia investigation.

More: No. 3 Official at the Justice Department Is Stepping Down - The New York Times

Rachel Brand - Wikipedia

She is the U.S. Associate Attorney General. Was she being pressured to fire Mueller or stifle his investigation if they gave her Rod Rosenstein's job, Mueller's boss? Don't know yet...
Yet another departure.

A shitstorm either way. DC is an angry hornet's nest. No way would I want to be any kind of significant figure there at this moment. It could easily be the death of a political or public service career. I like her. I was looking forward to her stepping up.

I just want the truth at this point. I used to want the truth with minimal damage, but we're beyond that I think. Heads should roll, however high up, no matter which side of the aisle. If our representatives in government are that careless with our laws, it is time to make some examples.

I don't think Brand is a hack or corrupt. I think she could have done it. Plus, she's a girl. We all know girls rule and boys drool.
.Agree.... LOL... I know I be drooling over my wife's cooking, so yes in many instances your last statement is correct.

Forum List

Back