Race is a social construct vs Race is part of nature

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Tramps and Thieves, A Real Gypsy Pay-off
race=construct to define physical appearance and genetical makeup based on ancestry like european, african, indian, east asian etc. is that correct?

ethnic groups of the same "race" are genetically and physically and maybe culturally too less different then ethnic groups of two different "races" but how much can you be different and still be the "same race" thats where the human mind is asked and without human definition there couldnt be a race in society on census etc. black skin and white skin still would exist but without definition of race they could be just different types like midgets and giants, are midgets and giants two different races? thats why its a construct but with loosely based on phsyical/biological characteristics and genetic similarity.

race=construct to define physical appearance and genetical makeup based on ancestry like european, african, indian, east asian etc. is that correct?
The word, race, is misapplied in its intended anthropological usage, which is to acknowledge certain definable differences in specific groups of humans. The misuse becomes obvious in this simple listing;

Caucasoid race,

Negroid race,

Mongoloid race --

human race.

Because we humans are in fact a mammalian species the proper terminology for referencing distinguishing characteristics of certain groups within that species is sub-species. The only reason I can think of why that proper terminology has been replaced with the word "race" (derived from the Latin, razza) is most humans, including some supercilious academics, dislike being reminded they are animals.

ethnic groups of the same "race" are genetically and physically and maybe culturally too less different then ethnic groups of two different "races" but how much can you be different and still be the "same race" thats where the human mind is asked and without human definition there couldnt be a race in society on census etc. black skin and white skin still would exist but without definition of race they could be just different types like midgets and giants, are midgets and giants two different races? thats why its a construct but with loosely based on phsyical/biological characteristics and genetic similarity.

You can submit your DNA to a few companies now and they will tell you where your ancestors came from. Race is real and biological. Information Processing: Metric on the space of genomes and the scientific basis for race

3DPCA.png

You can submit your DNA to a few companies now and they will tell you where your ancestors came from. Race is real and biological. Information Processing: Metric on the space of genomes and the scientific basis for race

View attachment 87811

If thats your reply you missed my point. Of course biological differences are real, Of course ancestry is real.

View attachment 87811

If thats your reply you missed my point. Of course biological differences are real, Of course ancestry is real.

not really, I don't see where you had much of a point

View attachment 87811

maybe what i say is self-evident though and doesnt need to be said though. my point was about race in society or in a country is a construct based on ones ancestry and appearance, race is the attempt to define biological differences, physical characteristics, based on ancestry. scientific racism is that too. some time ago race was defined based on how narrow your nose is and how big your head is etc. caucasoid, negroid, mongoloid, australoid etc. its obviously a construct, and nowadays they dont talk about race, they only talk about ancestry and population genetics, as there is diversity of population genetics.

View attachment 87811

maybe what i say is self-evident though and doesnt need to be said though. my point was about race in society or in a country is a construct based on ones ancestry and appearance, race is the attempt to define biological differences, physical characteristics, based on ancestry. scientific racism is that too. some time ago race was defined based on how narrow your nose is and how big your head is etc. caucasoid, negroid, mongoloid, australoid etc. its obviously a construct, and nowadays they dont talk about race, they only talk about ancestry and population genetics, as there is diversity of population genetics.

these measurements explain why blacks can run faster, why is that racist?

Scientists Theorize Why Black Athletes Run Fastest

Twenty-eight of the last 38 world record holders in the men's 100-meter dash have been black athletes, and researchers at two universities think they know why.

A new study by researchers at Howard University, a historically black school in Washington D.C., and Duke University in North Carolina suggests why black athletes may outperform athletes of other races in running events. Physical differences in the length of the limbs and the structure of the body mean the center of gravity tends to be higher in the bodies of black people, the researchers say.

Since 1968, the world record holders in the men's 100-meter dash have been black athletes. And since 1912, when the International Association of Athletics Federations started keeping track of the record holders in that event, only 10 non-black athletes out of 38 individuals have held the title.

View attachment 87811

Twenty-eight of the last 38 world record holders in the men's 100-meter dash have been black athletes, and researchers at two universities think they know why.

A new study by researchers at Howard University, a historically black school in Washington D.C., and Duke University in North Carolina suggests why black athletes may outperform athletes of other races in running events. Physical differences in the length of the limbs and the structure of the body mean the center of gravity tends to be higher in the bodies of black people, the researchers say.

Since 1968, the world record holders in the men's 100-meter dash have been black athletes. And since 1912, when the International Association of Athletics Federations started keeping track of the record holders in that event, only 10 non-black athletes out of 38 individuals have held the title.

its not racist. but not all "blacks" run fast, african pygmies dont. are they a different race? are all SSA the same race? there is large diversity in Sub Saharan Africa only some blacks (i think west africans) run fast.

View attachment 87811

its not racist. but not all "blacks" run fast, african pygmies dont. are they a different race? are all SSA the same race? there is large diversity in Sub Saharan Africa only some blacks (i think west africans) run fast.

your problem is that you don't really know how to compare races, you must look at population distributions and extremes instead of ordinary anecdotes

Last edited:

your problem is that you don't really know how to compare races, you must look at population distributions and extremes instead or ordinary anecdotes

ok man i dont deny biological differences but how you put it into societal context is a construct. probably this is self-evident and doesnt need to be said though. sorry, maybe my thread is unncessary.

your problem is that you don't really know how to compare races, you must look at population distributions and extremes instead or ordinary anecdotes

ok man i dont deny biological differences but how you put it into societal context is a construct. probably this is self-evident and doesnt need to be said though. sorry, maybe my thread is unncessary.

not sure what you mean, if race is biological then it isn't a social construct.

Race is biological, whereas other forms of identity like language, religion, nationhood etc. are largely cultural (but still influenced by and shaped by race).

Race is the core. Because it is who you are genetically, it is your link to the past, and your link to the future. Everything else is layers on top of that.

Race is biological, whereas other forms of identity like language, religion, nationhood etc. are largely cultural (but still influenced by and shaped by race).

Race is the core. Because it is who you are genetically, it is your link to the past, and your link to the future. Everything else is layers on top of that.
race is a social construct to put biological differences into categories. race is not the only thing biological, so many things are biological why they should be less important?

White europeans seeking to sooth their inferiority complex made up the term of race. Think about the politics of race. It was done to create division and assert superiority.

100 percent correct

[/QUOTE]
White europeans seeking to sooth their inferiority complex made up the term of race. Think about the politics of race. It was done to create division and assert superiority.[/QUOTE]

I love it. Whites build beautiful, clean, technologically advanced societies. Africans live in huts and eat mud. But we "created" race to "sooth our inferiority complex???"

Forum List

Back