Race and the Juvenile Justice System

High stake testing has narrowed the curriculum ....

High stakes testing focuses on one type of learning style and there is a lot of cash in those babies. It narrows the curriculum and great lesson plans get kicked to the curb due to time restraints. The teachers are having to teach to the test. ....

Have you been told to throw out great lesson plans and only teach to a test? Have you been told to disregard individual learning styles in your classroom?

Could you list 5 or 6 countries that seem to be outperforming American public schools?

*I* have not.

I don't need to list 5 or 6 other countries. You can't manage to make a direct comparison between states. You damn sure can't manage to do it by country. What else do you have?

I know why the discrepancies exist. Therefore I am not going to argue with you guys about it. So you can go on and do all the searching for any other reason but the real reason so that you can make false claims about blacks and continue ignoring why the majority of youths arrested are white yet they do not get committed as much.

Your assumptions about education.

I will be more than happy to do that because it's quick.

Many schools have School Resource Officers (SRO) and have enacted Zero Tolerance policies. Two kids get in a fight both are arrested or one kid gets jumped by three people and all are arrested There is no who started it and why. There are principals that strongly feel that they don't have to deal with that and it's not their problem. There are those principals that are prevented by the school board through policy from being able to intervene and take those matters into their own hands. In fact, there are those schools ....

"there are those schools," meaning there are also those that do not?

Were you dropped on your head?

Many times. Now, can you answer my questions?

There are those indicates there are schools that do not. ...

So, you really have just a specific problem with some specific schools?

High stakes testing focuses on one type of learning style and there is a lot of cash in those babies. It narrows the curriculum and great lesson plans get kicked to the curb due to time restraints. The teachers are having to teach to the test. ....

Have you been told to throw out great lesson plans and only teach to a test? Have you been told to disregard individual learning styles in your classroom?

Could you list 5 or 6 countries that seem to be outperforming American public schools?

I don't need to list 5 or 6 other countries. ...

Of course you don't NEED to, but I was nice enough to answer your questions.

*I* have not.

Oh, ok. But you've been in the classroom with teachers who have? You've worked with them on their lesson plans? You've been told by school administrators that different learning styles are to be disregarded?

*I* have not.

Oh, ok. But you've been in the classroom with teachers who have? You've worked with them on their lesson plans? You've been told by school administrators that different learning styles are to be disregarded?

Yes, I have.

You're attempting to make a comparison that does nothing more than feed into high stakes testing.

I will be more than happy to do that because it's quick.

Many schools have School Resource Officers (SRO) and have enacted Zero Tolerance policies. Two kids get in a fight both are arrested or one kid gets jumped by three people and all are arrested There is no who started it and why. There are principals that strongly feel that they don't have to deal with that and it's not their problem. There are those principals that are prevented by the school board through policy from being able to intervene and take those matters into their own hands. In fact, there are those schools ....

"there are those schools," meaning there are also those that do not?

Were you dropped on your head?

Many times. Now, can you answer my questions?

There are those indicates there are schools that do not. ...

So, you really have just a specific problem with some specific schools?

For those that bounce the kids out at testing time? I do. I absolutely do.

*I* have not.

Yes, I have.

Do tell.

You're attempting to make a comparison that does nothing more than feed into high stakes testing.

Still won't answer? That's a shame. Oh well, your choice.

That is the answer. Further, it is the correct answer.

Hmmm... you have a unique misunderstanding of "answer." No matter, your avoidance makes the point.

Hmmm... you have a unique misunderstanding of "answer." No matter, your avoidance makes the point.
Hmmmm........you have a unique misunderstanding of indirect testing and comparison of systems via countries. That is the point.

*I* have not.

Yes, I have.

Do tell.

My degree was in secondary education. I spent multiple semesters in schools. I worked on a lesson plan for a mock Constitutional Convention. The plan takes 6 weeks fully to implement. I was sitting in the office of the department head when the conversation was addressed. It incorporates individual research as well as group work and role playing. As this is a lesson plan that kids will remember it was a bummer. In fact, the states response to NCLB had become a bunch of nonsense by that time.

There were a few other incidents that occurred and I went to my advisor and said it was time to change my degree. Fear was expressed that I was trying to take a back door approach.

I continued to maintain contact with those whom I met then as well as made new friendships along the way of my career. I've had this conversation with you several years ago.

*I* have not.

Yes, I have.

Do tell.

My degree was in secondary education. I spent multiple semesters in schools. I worked on a lesson plan for a mock Constitutional Convention. The plan takes 6 weeks fully to implement. I was sitting in the office of the department head when the conversation was addressed. It incorporates individual research as well as group work and role playing. As this is a lesson plan that kids will remember it was a bummer. In fact, the states response to NCLB had become a bunch of nonsense by that time.

There were a few other incidents that occurred and I went to my advisor and said it was time to change my degree. Fear was expressed that I was trying to take a back door approach.

I continued to maintain contact with those whom I met then as well as made new friendships along the way of my career. I've had this conversation with you several years ago.

So, you have never actually worked as a teacher?

*I* have not.

Yes, I have.

Do tell.

So, you have never actually worked as a teacher?

I never claimed to.

Forum List

Back