R uses Foley execution in campaign against family wishes

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
8211 GOP Senate Uses Footage Of James Foley Execution In Campaign Ad Ignoring Family 8217 s Wishes

On Monday, retired U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Colonel and Republican New Mexico nominee Allen Weh released an ad that included imagery from American journalist James Foley’s execution.

In the ad, Foley’s executioner appears at the 32-second mark. Less than a week after Foley had been beheaded, a cousin of the journalist begged the public not to view or share the execution video. Weh blatantly ignored that request, although Foley’s family made their feelings perfectly clear.

After the clip was released, Kelly Foley tweeted:

“Please honor James Foley and respect my family’s privacy. Don’t watch the video. Don’t share it. That’s not how life should be.” (Source)

The Weh camp didn’t seem to think they’d crossed any boundaries. When asked if the Republican had even considered Foley’s loved ones before adding the execution image into the campaign, a spokeswoman for Weh said that since the image showed Foley’s executioner and not the beheaded journalist, the family’s wished had been respected. She said:

“It’s not Foley, it’s the man who killed him.” (Source)​

Bet that ^^ will be the RWs excuse too.

all I saw was a view , snap of a / the executioner with knife . Unless I missed something I say keep using the advertisement .

so there you go , my reasoning is the same as the guy that made the ad .

Forum List

Back