R U better off today than you were 4 years ago ??

• yes

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • no

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • same

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
I think a more telling question would be to ask people are they better off now than they were two years ago. Let's face it...we had the normal bounce back from recession...the so called "bikini graph" thing...but then it leveled off and we've been essentially stalled just grinding along with about the same unemployment numbers and GDP growth for the last two years.

Yes, I see that too. Stagnation in the markets, the economy and people's lives because nobody knows what this idiot (Obama) is going to do to wreck our lives next.

It's a confidence gap. Everybody is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Color me quizzical. The stock market is doing fine, so how did you mess up with investments?

Excuse me? The market is doing fine?? What market are you looking at? I imagine your local A&P market is doing alright but the STOCK market is a stagnant mess. We can't even hit 13 and make it stick. Should have been up around 20 by now. Some of my stuff is still buried from 2007. The only bright spots are the shopping spree I went on when things were bad. They are doing good in a plodding, lackluster way. Other than that there are no parties going on.

Last edited:
Well, Booooosh hadn't even let us in on the the recession yet in July, and we didn't fall into the Pub abyss until November, so ask then. Thanks for paralyzing the recovery since 2/2010. Hopefully the Pubs will allow the Jobs Act after Obama is reelected. A disgrace....

Recession was over in 2009 who controlled congress from 2007 until 2009?
Dumb ass that blame bush will only work so long after that your preaching to the obama sheep with no change. sooner or later the obama sheep will snap out of it. Then you'll just be talking to yourself and those who continue to blame bush.

I voted no because my grandchildren are paying for our failed policies today. At one time I likened the debt to having a mortgage which isn't bad. Yes, Reagan and Bush may have increased the debt but it seemed then like something we could work our way out of, but not no more. What we have done to our Grandchildren shoud be a crime.

As for me, I think I am better off only because I made some good choices and, as always, have had a good bit of good luck.

Yes, I see that too. Stagnation in the markets, the economy and people's lives because nobody knows what this idiot (Obama) is going to do to wreck our lives next.

It's a confidence gap. Everybody is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Color me quizzical. The stock market is doing fine, so how did you mess up with investments?

Excuse me? The market is doing fine?? What market are you looking at? I imagine your local A&P market is doing alright but the STOCK market is a stagnant mess. We can't even hit 13 and make it stick. Should have been up around 20 by now. Some of my stuff is still buried from 2007. The only bright spots are the shopping spree I went on when things were bad. They are doing good in a plodding, lackluster way. Other than that there are no parties going on.

The market is not a good indicator on how the economy is doing. unless it's doing real good if it's not then it's irrelevant. Just ask any obama supporter.

It's the truth. So take it like you will..
One can judge me all they want, I feel pretty good about where I am at. I have also worked since I was fifteen, I needed help for a short time but no longer do.
I am in a great place in life, and I think it will only get better. I was also smart enough to go into a growing field, where you can always find a job.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

And they of course.... feel better off.

who would not feel better off getting something for nothing?

Sadly Syrenn you are correct . The only people that will benefit from the system are the people that know how to work the system.
The big question for your doctor will soon be not 'Are you a good doctor?' but 'Can you work the system and keep me alive.?"

The market is not a good indicator on how the economy is doing. unless it's doing real good if it's not then it's irrelevant. Just ask any obama supporter.

See? You are not the first person to notice that.:clap2:

I'm extremely better off than I was four years ago. I rented a house when I retired from the military in late 2005. We didn't buy until 2008 and that was a foreclosure. I planned my career path for civilian life while I was still in the Navy and I followed my plan. My income, minus retirement pay, has grown from $60k in 2008 to well over $150K in 2012, but I've been with 4 different companies during that time frame. I took jobs for less pay that rounded out my knowledge of my career field. After gaining the experience I moved to a better paying job, I've done that 5 times since I retired. I have an advantage because as retired military I carry my own health insurance and can use the benefit of not using employer health plans as a way to negotiate higher wages.

The past 7 years have been great.

My 401K is worth double what it was four years ago. My House is worth about 10% less. Salary is up significantly. Healthcare is more expensive, food more expensive, energy more expensive. Houses and interest rates are very low, so I bought another house

Last edited:

life and investments yes - work, not really ...

as per the 2012 election, the majority must at least minimally agree things are better or every election pol taken would have anyone in the lead over Obama - even Romney who everyday complains while continuously making millions still has not convinced the public otherwise and is a testament against his own spin.

life and investments yes - work, not really ...

as per the 2012 election, the majority must at least minimally agree things are better or every election pol taken would have anyone in the lead over Obama - even Romney who everyday complains while continuously making millions still has not convinced the public otherwise and is a testament against his own spin.

Gallup Daily: U.S. Economic Outlook

i was promised hope and change and a transparent government, lower unemployment, a better economy, that guantanamo would be closed in a year. i see hypocrisy and fluff, fake it till you make it, and earn while you learn. when does the obama era start ? if things had gotten better real quick, would the economy still belong to former president bush ?

Unlike many leftists, dems, centerists, independents, pubs, righties, and extremists, my wife and I were responsible: maintained our credit score, paid our credit cards in full each month, tithed regularly, maintained regular savings, carefully monitored investments, drove cars that were paid for, and lived within our means.

We made some mistakes, of course, but they were very minor in the course of events.

The family has done the same with our businesses.

How many who voted "no" failed to live prudently?

i was promised hope and change and a transparent government, lower unemployment, a better economy, that guantanamo would be closed in a year. i see hypocrisy and fluff, fake it till you make it, and earn while you learn. when does the obama era start ? if things had gotten better real quick, would the economy still belong to former president bush ?

Unlike many leftists, dems, centerists, independents, pubs, righties, and extremists, my wife and I were responsible: maintained our credit score, paid our credit cards in full each month, tithed regularly, maintained regular savings, carefully monitored investments, drove cars that were paid for, and lived within our means.

We made some mistakes, of course, but they were very minor in the course of events.

The family has done the same with our businesses.

How many who voted "no" failed to live prudently?

Living sensibly is key. You cannot expect the Gov't to come in and take up the slack when things go bad so you have to live like everyday is the day before a crisis. I've been prudent in my spending all my life but I have nice things. I've always paid cash for my cars and I pay my car insurance yearly. My credit is in the low 800's and that's not bad for a single woman.

Easy does it works well but knowing when to buy in a dead market doesn't hurt either.

i was promised hope and change and a transparent government, lower unemployment, a better economy, that guantanamo would be closed in a year.

i see hypocrisy and fluff, fake it till you make it, and earn while you learn.

when does the obama era start ? if things had gotten better real quick, would the economy still belong to former president bush ?

Truth is our economy has a lot more to do with than a president controls. They all share a little of the blame.

Obama-not doing enough to hold banks responsible and not tough enough on bank regulations.

Bush- letting the banks get away with fraud and stealing, TARP,War,Tax cuts

Federal Reserve-not being responsible during the Bush administration.

Democrat & Republican Congress Congress- TARP, NAFTA, overturning Glass-Steagall, letting corporations commit fraud and corporate welfare.

Clinton-NAFTA, overturning Glass-Steagall

H.W. Bush-pushing NAFTA

Then there is the world economy.

Then he probably should be more honest up front in his promises. Gitmo could have been done had he really wanted it. Transparency? That kind of got slapped down. What was the promise of every bill would be made reviewable online days before it was signed. Seems like it was just talk, not action.

i was promised hope and change and a transparent government, lower unemployment, a better economy, that guantanamo would be closed in a year.

i see hypocrisy and fluff, fake it till you make it, and earn while you learn.

when does the obama era start ? if things had gotten better real quick, would the economy still belong to former president bush ?

Truth is our economy has a lot more to do with than a president controls. They all share a little of the blame.

Obama-not doing enough to hold banks responsible and not tough enough on bank regulations.

Democrat & Republican Congress Congress- TARP, NAFTA, overturning Glass-Steagall, letting corporations commit fraud and corporate welfare.

H.W. Bush-pushing NAFTA

Then he probably should be more honest up front in his promises. Gitmo could have been done had he really wanted it. Transparency? That kind of got slapped down. What was the promise of every bill would be made reviewable online days before it was signed. Seems like it was just talk, not action.

Republicans poisoned the well on Gitmo sending panic across America that Obama was going to house terrorists in your backyard. Congress blocked any attempt to close it

Transparency is relative. All independent accounts rate this Administration as one of the most transparent.

H.W. Bush-pushing NAFTA

Republicans poisoned the well on Gitmo sending panic across America that Obama was going to house terrorists in your backyard. Congress blocked any attempt to close it

Transparency is relative. All independent accounts rate this Administration as one of the most transparent.

What?? Pass it so you can see what's in it is transparent??

I work for a defense contractor, and though my income is roughly the same as when Obama was elected, the confidence that people have that the programs at our base will continue has eroded considerably.

People are in 'save for the layoff' mode and I think that is a common view of the economy around the US; people have no idea what things will be like a year or two down the road so they still want to save money for a rainy day instead of spending it and this seriously contracts the consumer market.

Without clarification on the tax rates, regulatory codes and what the federal budget is/will be like from year to year, a good portion of the public is taking a 'wait and see' stance that does nothing to help the economy.

Maybe once the elections are over there will be less grandstanding and more motivation to get some things clarified so people know wtf to expect over the next four years.

Last edited:
When you take THIS ---> U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time <--- into consideration, NO ONE is better off now than they were four years ago, and their children are screwed, and their grandchildren are BURIED ALIVE IN DEBT EVEN BEFORE THEY'RE BORN.

You call that "better off?" You're out of your mind. Paying that debt is going to come due someday, and you better be ready to either pay it or fight a war.

Last edited:

H.W. Bush-pushing NAFTA

He had a filibuster proof Congress, how in the hell could Republicans stop him, it was also an executive order, not really needing Congress, so he caved.

ALL independent accounts rate it as transparent do you know of the contempt charges against Holder?
Check out what the AP states:
Associated Press reported that, in more than a third of the requests for public records in 2010, the Obama administration didn't provide any information at all. According to the AP, the administration is releasing fewer records under the Freedom of Information Act than were released during the George W. Bush administration. Officials even censored internal emails about a directive on open government.

http://www.mercurynews.com/opinion/...istration-is-terrible-transparency?refresh=no

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/73606.html

Sorry, but your claim is BS.

I noticed you skipped over the last lie.

Funny your defense of Obama is nothing but weak excuses

No need to embarrass yourself any further .

H.W. Bush-pushing NAFTA

:lol:

Am I better off, I was laid off in April, during the recovery, finding work has not been easy.

So I am not better off.

Forum List

Back