R U better off today than you were 4 years ago ??

R U better off today than you were 4 years ago ??

• yes

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • no

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • same

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
I think a more telling question would be to ask people are they better off now than they were two years ago. Let's face it...we had the normal bounce back from recession...the so called "bikini graph" thing...but then it leveled off and we've been essentially stalled just grinding along with about the same unemployment numbers and GDP growth for the last two years.

Yes, I see that too. Stagnation in the markets, the economy and people's lives because nobody knows what this idiot (Obama) is going to do to wreck our lives next.

It's a confidence gap. Everybody is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Color me quizzical. The stock market is doing fine, so how did you mess up with investments?

I am a lot better off than I was four years ago.

Gee, the person with Obama on their avatar posted that? What a shock... LOL

It's the truth. So take it like you will..
One can judge me all they want, I feel pretty good about where I am at. I have also worked since I was fifteen, I needed help for a short time but no longer do.
I am in a great place in life, and I think it will only get better. I was also smart enough to go into a growing field, where you can always find a job.

I am not asking this as a poke.... so please don't take the question as that...

Are you better off today due to entitlements?

Yes and no. I did receive help when I needed it, and did receive help when I was going to school.. But I actually got training for what I do through my job. Of course the place I worked for receives tax credits and funding for the training they give employees.
Having said that, I believe in helping people When they are down.. But now that I have worked hard to make my life better, it annoys me When people take advantage of the system and make people like me look bad.
I also have to say, I did receive help, now I do not receive anything. My son is in a program that is funded through the school district, and is now on my insurance plan.

I agree.... and i give you all credit for working to make a better life for yourself. That is after all what the entitlements are intended for. But your story is the vast exception to the rule.

Anyone who was and or is getting something for nothing is and of itself better off then what they would be if they had received nothing at all. You are better off for taking advantage of the entitlements, and so are they.

the average American who is not receiving entitlements is most likely not better off then they were 4 years ago. No one is paying their way in life.

One can judge me all they want, I feel pretty good about where I am at. I have also worked since I was fifteen, I needed help for a short time but no longer do.
I am in a great place in life, and I think it will only get better. I was also smart enough to go into a growing field, where you can always find a job.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

So what does everyone else have for an excuse? You used your time in the system well.... most don't.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!! - YouTube[/ame]

And they of course.... feel better off.

who would not feel better off getting something for nothing?

And they of course.... feel better off.

who would not feel better off getting something for nothing?

Yep that's exactly right.

i was promised hope and change and a transparent government, lower unemployment, a better economy, that guantanamo would be closed in a year.

i see hypocrisy and fluff, fake it till you make it, and earn while you learn.

when does the obama era start ? if things had gotten better real quick, would the economy still belong to former president bush ?

Real unemployment numbers are around 10.9% when you count those that are not counted because they ran out of unemployment benefits. Most Americans who own a house are still underwater on their equity--meaning they owe more than what the home was worth 4 years ago--and we have an economic moron sitting in the oval office who borrowed and spent 878 billion dollars to create jobs--that then turned into saving government workers jobs--and who tried to micro-manage this diverse economy back to health with road and bridge work.---

113374_600.jpg

Well, Booooosh hadn't even let us in on the the recession yet in July, and we didn't fall into the Pub abyss until November, so ask then. Thanks for paralyzing the recovery since 2/2010. Hopefully the Pubs will allow the Jobs Act after Obama is reelected. A disgrace....

i was promised hope and change and a transparent government, lower unemployment, a better economy, that guantanamo would be closed in a year.

i see hypocrisy and fluff, fake it till you make it, and earn while you learn.

when does the obama era start ? if things had gotten better real quick, would the economy still belong to former president bush ?

Truth is our economy has a lot more to do with than a president controls. They all share a little of the blame.

Obama-not doing enough to hold banks responsible and not tough enough on bank regulations.

Bush- letting the banks get away with fraud and stealing, TARP,War,Tax cuts

Federal Reserve-not being responsible during the Bush administration.

Democrat & Republican Congress Congress- TARP, NAFTA, overturning Glass-Steagall, letting corporations commit fraud and corporate welfare.

Clinton-NAFTA, overturning Glass-Steagall

H.W. Bush-pushing NAFTA

Then there is the world economy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back