R.I.P. McCain/Palin 2008

What you mean to say is that John McCain doesn't offer free handouts to 95% of tax payers, only Obama does.

As opposed to handouts to oil companies?

A $5,000 tax credit for health insurance is a big help in paying for insurance. Why should I have to pay for an entire family's of five health insurance?

it only works so long as you have employer-based health insurance. you lose that, mccain's tax plan costs you twice as much...

time to smell the coffee grounds, snooks.

What you mean to say is that John McCain doesn't offer free handouts to 95% of tax payers, only Obama does.

A $5,000 tax credit for health insurance is a big help in paying for insurance. Why should I have to pay for an entire family's of five health insurance?

A $5000 tax credit is shit when they are going to tax my benefits instead of a pre tax deduction. Figure out how much you will lose on the pre tax deduction then subtract from the $5000, either way its crap.

As opposed to handouts to oil companies?

Exxon's 2007 Tax Bill: $30 Billion

Corporate profits receive a lot of media attention, but what receives considerably less attention are the corporate taxes paid on corporate profits. Do a Google search for "Exxon profits" and you'll get about 8,000 hits. Now try "Exxon taxes" and you'll get a little more than 300 hits. That's a ratio of about 33 to 1.

I'm pretty sure that Exxon's tax payment in 2007 of $30 billion (that's $30,000,000,000) is a record, exceeding the $28 billion it paid last year.

By the way, Exxon pays taxes at a rate of 41% on its taxable income!

[Update: The $40.6 billion and $39.5 billion figures are after-tax profits. For 2006, Exxon's EBT (earnings before tax) was $67.4 billion, it paid $27.9 billion in taxes (41.4% tax rate), and its NIAT (net income after tax), or profit, was $39.5 billion.]

More

Yeah, and Gore should have won. It was a fucking Supreme court decision. By all meaningful accounts, Gore DID win. Maybe that's why it was such bullshit.

One of the jobs of the news is to hold people accountable, especially those in office. Repub's have the singular ability to bullshit to the point where they don't take accountability for anything, so the press just wants to slam them any chance they get, because they need to be exposed, for our good, before America swallows up all of their bullshit, and we turn into a fascist state... okay, well maybe that was going too far, but it is along that continuum, that if the press wasn't asking questions, posing doubts, it would basically be propoganda. Stop whining about the press!! It's such a scape goat. After all, the conservative spin machine allowed an entire WAR to be started without proper public scrutiny (aided and guided by the White House, with Fox as it's network of Choice), the smoothing over of Katrina- if it wasn't for the media forcing it back into the light, it would have been buried even faster by the Bush conservative press...

If the media wasn't liberal, it would be propanda...

Don't even bother with the "no really Gore won" argument. It's been through here so many times it would make your head spin. Before someone else posts it, go Google the (I think it was) Miami Herald. They counted all the votes under the standards the FL Sct pronounced and Bush won. So, if you think Gore would have won that means you think he would have successfully stolen the election somehow. While that may have been your wish, most people think that election stealing is a bad thing in a Constitutional Republic.

a lil premature Article not that your optimism isn't great.

I think he'll win but am not celebrating until Nov 5th when it's announced ON FOX! :lol:

20 bucks says the current Fox news moderator announcing that fact "accidently" puts a bounty on Obama's head. :eusa_whistle:

You tend to forget that $5,000 tax credit is taxed. So your not getting $5,000 in a tax credit.

Myth: BUSTED

Obama will win because George Bush is the worst president in American history.

We need to get out of Iraq, develop a single payer healthcare system, and move toward American energy independence. These are Obama's priorities.

RCP Obama +6.4

Obama opens up a lead in Missouri.

Republicans reeling.

Obama will win because George Bush is the worst president in American history.

We need to get out of Iraq, develop a single payer healthcare system, and move toward American energy independence. These are Obama's priorities.

what, no subsidies for almond growers?

Forum List

Back