R.I. P. Daisy

I lost my dog, my little buddy too. My avatar, THAT is Momo the dog. He died three feet away from where that image was taken. I don't know what a Dewachen is, but I do know what a heartfelt loss is. I still weep, that little soul made a deep impression on me. I had a Daisy. A Dixie. Sox, Zero, Hitler and Troubles, Taffy, Missy, Mitsu, Tatsu , Pug and so forth. Bless the beasts and children.

Last edited:
I think it has been preordained by Nature (if you are atheist) or God (if you are a believer) that our beloved pets go before us. If we went first, who would shed a tear for them, who would look after them and who would love them?

Since our wedding day (or at least shortly thereafter) my wife and I always had non-human companions. Dogs, cats and budgies. Saying goodbye was never easy. Just recently our Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Quigley succumbed to infection at the relatively young age of 10 years and a year or so earlier we had to put down our beautiful, totally black cat, Tutu, after 18 years.

One can never replace an old friend. But one can make new ones.

Sorry for your loss.

P.S. Almost forgot: We still have Daisy, our little Lemon Beagle.

I know what you are saying. I desperately want to outlive my pets, especially my two dobermans, because I can't imagine dying and leaving them without my protection and care. And I wonder whether I should ever get another dog, although I cannot imagine life without dogs in it. I am almost 60, and really becoming aware of my mortality.

I am trying to choose someone to be a beneficiary, should my husband and I both die. This person would get everything, our life insurance, money in the bank, our house...if they are someone I feel would take care of our animals up to my standards. They don't even have to keep them (I have five dogs and six cats), but they need to find them perfect homes, keep the ones together who need to be kept together, etc. Pay attention to the notes I leave of their various quirks, and fears, and preferences.

It's going to kill me when my dobies die, but I want to be here for them their entire lives.

Forum List

Back