R.I.P. C hris Squire...

Damn! Squire was a fantastic bassist. I saw Yes at the Capitol Center in the early 70's. He changed the way I looked at bass, he did things you just don't hear a bass do. Most bass players just play the root note of the chord with a few notes between them to give it some backbone but Squire definitely broke the mold. He was a perfect match for Steve Howe, playing the bass as fast as Howe played lead guitar. He was one of the best bassists ever. RIP Chris. :thup:

Thanks for starting this thread, HD. :thup:
I'm so fucking depressed about this.
Yes and their music influenced my life in so many ways. Today's been really emotional and it's even hard to type this.
I feel like a part of me is missing.

If I had to pick a single moment from just one of the 30+ Yes shows that I've been to since 1972, it would be when we took our daughter to a concert in 1997. She was two years old, so I put some ear protectors on her. I carried her in my arms and we sneaked past the ushers and found a second row seat for a few songs, including Close to the Edge. I danced while holding her and held her over my head to bathe in the music and light.

God I got too many stories to tell.

A very long and very important era in my life has come to an end.

I'm gonna get good and drunk tonight.

Let's show the folks at home the talent we're talking about --

The tune he's riffing on in the first part -- On the Silent Wings of Freedom:

Yes and their music influenced my life in so many ways. Today's been really emotional and it's even hard to type this.

If I had to pick a single moment from just one of the 30+ Yes shows that I've been to since 1972, it would be when we took our daughter to a concert in 1997. She was two years old, so I put some ear protectors on her. I carried her in my arms and we sneaked past the ushers and found a second row seat for a few songs, including Close to the Edge. I danced while holding her and held her over my head to bathe in the music and light.

When Groucho Marx died, it was the same for me.....

When Groucho Marx died, it was the same for me.....
It all makes sense to me now. :slap:

:beer:

This may seem a bit nerdy, but what the fuck... I'm a Yes nerd.

It's truly an unintentional consequence, but it's one of those tangential influences that this band has had on my life:

I've posted in the "show us your faces" thread already, so what the hell...

After the last show of their last tour with Jon Anderson (2004), I carried this photo to the Meet and Greet and had it signed by Chris Squire, Steve Howe, and Jon Anderson... below the images of my sons Kris, Stephen, and Jonathan.

This may seem a bit nerdy, but what the fuck... I'm a Yes nerd.

It's truly an unintentional consequence, but it's one of those tangential influences that this band has had on my life:

I've posted in the "show us your faces" thread already, so what the hell...

After the last show of their last tour with Jon Anderson (2004), I carried this photo to the Meet and Greet and had it signed by Chris Squire, Steve Howe, and Jon Anderson... below the images of my sons Kris, Stephen, and Jonathan.

That is So Sweet!

Forum List

Back