R.I.P. C hris Squire...

This may seem a bit nerdy, but what the fuck... I'm a Yes nerd.

It's truly an unintentional consequence, but it's one of those tangential influences that this band has had on my life:

I've posted in the "show us your faces" thread already, so what the hell...

After the last show of their last tour with Jon Anderson (2004), I carried this photo to the Meet and Greet and had it signed by Chris Squire, Steve Howe, and Jon Anderson... below the images of my sons Kris, Stephen, and Jonathan.

Is that your family Mr H? it's a very nice photo! :)

It's truly an unintentional consequence, but it's one of those tangential influences that this band has had on my life:

After the last show of their last tour with Jon Anderson (2004), I carried this photo to the Meet and Greet and had it signed by Chris Squire, Steve Howe, and Jon Anderson... below the images of my sons Kris, Stephen, and Jonathan.

Yeah, them's my lil' critters. That was probably 12 years ago LOL.
That was long after the divorce and my re-marry. I've also got a daughter who will be 20 in September.

This is a very nice sentiment and memory Mr. H.

That was long after the divorce and my re-marry. I've also got a daughter who will be 20 in September.

Well, your sons look like great kids and you are nice! I'm sure your daughter is lovely!

Thank you for posting! :)

What, no Rick? Alan? Bill?

I've not been this fucked up in the head and heart since my own brother died.

This band defined my life since I was a teenager in the early 70's. And everyone around me knew it, but they didn't understand it.

I feel lost and I don't know where to go from here.

What, no Rick? Alan? Bill?
Just the thought of that makes my balls, and billfold, hurt. :slap:

But- I do have a brother Alan. :beer:

I've not been this fucked up in the head and heart since my own brother died.

This band defined my life since I was a teenager in the early 70's. And everyone around me knew it, but they didn't understand it.

I feel lost and I don't know where to go from here.
hang in there H....

What an emotional gut-wrenching couple of days. I've not been this bummed out since my own brother died.

Squire was cremated at 4pm Central time today. At that moment, I played the song Awaken loud and proud.
I tried to explain it to my daughter but I just couldn't get the words out. :(

Re: Awaken. I didn't like it when it was released and I don't think I listened to the whole thing for 10 years after that.
But it was on the Union tour when they played it that it suddenly made wonderful beautiful sense. It's been a favorite since then.
I even used some of the lyrics in my wedding vows to the Mrs...

Forum List

Back