Quitter and proud of it.

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
Six weeks of non smoking and I think I'm doing pretty bloody well. Haven't had a single cigarette so far and, after a few days of being grouchy right at the beginning, I have been dealing with it really well.

I've been using something called Snus (a non combusted tobacco product) every time I want a cigarette, and within a couple of minutes the craving is gone with about as much reliability as it isn't gone with patches or gum. I was told by several people that this stuff really works but this is the first time I've really given it a proper try and, it really does.

And, of course, I've saved over $200 bucks.

So, this post is basically to say "Thanks" to all the folks who have sent me PMs etc to wish me luck and be supportive. :clap2:

If I fuck it up now it will be all down to me being an idiot. :lol:

Six weeks of non smoking and I think I'm doing pretty bloody well. Haven't had a single cigarette so far and, after a few days of being grouchy right at the beginning, I have been dealing with it really well.

I've been using something called Snus (a non combusted tobacco product) every time I want a cigarette, and within a couple of minutes the craving is gone with about as much reliability as it isn't gone with patches or gum. I was told by several people that this stuff really works but this is the first time I've really given it a proper try and, it really does.

So, this post is basically to say "Thanks" to all the folks who have sent me PMs etc to wish me luck and be supportive. :clap2:

Keep it up Tigerbob!

Good for you, bob!!! :)

So, in other words, you are not doing your fair share to finance the SCHIP program for uninsured children.
How heartless of you.

So, in other words, you are not doing your fair share to finance the SCHIP program for uninsured children.
How heartless of you.

Can we have one discussion that DOESN'T go into politics?

I quit the same time you did, I think.. I've had 2 slips since then.. If you've had none, you're doing far better, and I'm jealous. :(

I quit the same time you did, I think.. I've had 2 slips since then.. If you've had none, you're doing far better, and I'm jealous. :(

Snus is making it a lot less tough than I expected.

On a political board? I trust that was a rhetorical question.

This is the health and lifestyle forum. There's also the music and sports forum.

So therefore, not every discussion needs to be political. :eusa_eh:

And remember Bob; just count up all the money you saved from not smoking and you'll be quite happy. :lol:

Keep up the good work! I'm sure you will be an inspiration to others.

No more :smoke:

Just be careful when you :beer:

Don't :eusa_wall: and crave a :smoke: or you'll feel :cuckoo: that you gave in

We are all :clap2: of you and :eusa_pray: you keep up the good work, we know you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :salute::woohoo::thup:

Tigerbob, when you first quit, did you have any physical side effects?

Nope. Bit grumpy from time to time but that was mental, not physical. If you mean headaches, nausea, insomnia, that kind of stuff, then the answer's no.

Bob, I give you about 3 months. And then you'll be as vocal an Anti STS advocate as I am. ;)

Bob, I give you about 3 months. And then you'll be as vocal an Anti STS advocate as I am. ;)

:eusa_hand:

If it is ever proved then I will be the first one to agree with you. But while the legislation is largely based on the '93 EPA report, I just can't.

If it is ever proved then I will be the first one to agree with you. But while the legislation is largely based on the '93 EPA report, I just can't.
We havn't finished our 40 questions yet, Tiger. I'm just giving you a short break. ;)

We havn't finished our 40 questions yet, Tiger. I'm just giving you a short break. ;)

Lay on Macduff, and damn'd be he who first cries "Hold, enough!"

Good for you! Keep it up.

Forum List

Back