Coming Out Stories

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
A friend I haven't spoken to in months stopped by here last night and suggested I start a thread on this topic. She asked me if this forum was 'gay friendly'. I told her I think this forum is open minded.

There is a curious poster pm-ing me all sorts of questions about what goes on in the mind of someone who is gay or lesbian.

This thread is an invitation to any and all posters who wish to participate in telling coming out stories of any GLBT people you know. Many of us have gay or lesbian relatives. What are their stories?

Frankly, I'm not interested in telling my own boring story again.

This thread is dedicated to Inferno--that tireless civil rights activist, and to katiegrrl. Brave women. I honor you.

I've met Margaret Cammermeyer. She's an Army Colonel who came out while in the service. Her story is remarkable.

Last edited:
There was a gay guy where I grew up. I don't know if ever formally came out, it was just known. He must have been lonely because he didn't have anyone that was interested in exploring that with him. He was teased some by the jock-types but I don't think he was ever physically harmed or even threatened. It mostly seemed like no one cared. We didn't run with the same crowds so I don't know if he was invited to parties or was shunned socially. I'm not sure what happened to him after he graduated. he had talked about wanting to move to NY so he may have done that. If he got to somewhere more liberal he probably did ok. I'll have to ask around next time I go home to visit.

I think it must be hard to be gay in our society unless you go somewhere like NY or SF. I imagine coming out is a really hard thing to do. It would be like if I had to tell my mom about all the sex I have had. I don't know if I could do that. But I think coming out would be even harder because it's not something that happened in the past, it just IS. I think this could prove to be an interesting thread if it doesn't get trolled to death.

I had a friend who was in love with a guy. She finally told him she was in love with him. He said, "Ah, I love you too, as a friend. See, I'm gay."

Well, a month later she found a girlfriend, (her first) and they started their own carpet cleaning business together.

Seriously!

• Banned
That's truer than you know, echo.

I won't tell my story because I've learned the hard way that providing personal information on a forum is a big mistake. PM's don't work either. They aren't private.

Last edited:
I have a funny story about a gay friend of mine who was asking for signatures on a petition to allow gay marriage. He was in the old Italian section of town and stopped in a cafe for a cup of coffee and a canoli. He thought he might as well ask the owner to sign his petition. The old guy looked at him and said, "You gay? Really? I'mma so proud!! You are my first-a gay customer!!"

My friend Jason is a drag queen. He was driving home from a show late one night, still in full drag. A guy on a Harley pulled up next to him and whipped out his johnson and started playing with it while blowing kisses to Jason. (This was at a stop light)

Jason was like :eek::eek::eek::eek: because he knew the guy thought he was a chick.

My mom tried to come out to me on several occasions. By the time she finally did it, my response was, "I kinda figured." I didn't grow up with her so we have more of a friendship relationship.

I got to play turnabout with her later on in life, not exactly on the same issue, but close.....

Yep, leaving you hanging :cool:

Here about a year ago my friends parents asked him when he was going to admit to them he was gay!
My other friends mom when he told her said she had known for along time! Parents are smarter than people think!
The best part is my friend who's parents asked him when he would admit it are very cool with it, he had not told them because he thought they would dis own him due to their religion.

That is also like Carson from the Fab 5, you look at his parents who are from the midwest and by stereotyping you would think his dad would be the type to hate him and other gays but they support him 100%. It just shows you parents no matter what will support you quite a bit of the time.

Then there was Frank. He was this quiet, shy, BIG ole' nerd who we all took under our wing when he started working with us. (All these people I worked with at TGI Fridays)

Anyway, one night about 6 months later, Mike comes up to me and goes, "Guess who I saw dancing at Gaybar last night? Frank! Without his shirt on!"

Well, Frank finally had the nerve to come out of the closet, and finally to us at work, because it was the first place he had ever felt accepted.

We used to call him Francois Dubois

Jees--

I guess I'm the only gay person on the whole board. I feel so special.

Yes. Too bad about that. When I did this on another forum a ton of people came out. I told my own story on the other forum, though.

Last edited:
Don't worry....I am sure David will come out of the closet soon enough....I am sure Sealy or Chris would have done it already but its ahred to speak when your chugging down obama cock

Don't worry....I am sure David will come out of the closet soon enough....I am sure Sealy or Chris would have done it already but its ahred to speak when your chugging down obama cock

I wonder if gay people find it insulting and/or offensive when other people try to use "gayness" to insult heterosexuals...

Last edited:

I wonder if gay people find it insulting and/or offensive when other people try to use "gayness" to insult heterosexuals...

It is insulting. But it's immature school yard nonsense.

After I was discharged from the Army. I went to college and worked at my fathers service station on the weekends. Pumping gas and fixing flats.

One day the phone rang, so I answered it. Turned out it was a homo guy making random calls and saying obscene things. I listened for a minute and then said to my friend who was working with me that day, " here, you have a call", and handed him the phone as a joke.

To my amazement, he talked to the faggot on the phone for about 10 minutes.

He finally hung up the phone and said. "I need to leave for awhile". Then he and his friend who had happened to stop by, got into a car and drove away.

I was thinking, "what the heck is going on here"?

About an hour later him and his buddy drove back to the station.

When they walked up, I noticed they both had bloody knuckles.

Come to find out, he had arranged to meet the queer caller at the corner phone booth he was calling from. For what the homo thought was going to be a sexual encounter.

Instead, they beat the fag to a bloody pulp and left him crumpled on the ground.

We all had a big laugh when we found out what had happened :lol:

With a couple exceptions, the lesbian women I've met seem to be uncomfortable around straight men. Is this common?

No, not in my experience. I'm quite comfortable around straight men. In my experience, it's the opposite. Straight men are uncomfortable being around gay men.

Last edited:
Nice troll story sunni boy. Me thinks YOU were pumping something, and it wasn't gas.......................

Forum List

Back