Quick, simple and pretty good Instant Pot (ground) beef stroganoff...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
This is just pretty good...it needs something...and that is not my fortè.

Maybe one of you can figure it out...but it is absolutely serviceable as is and for ease of making and just a few ingredients, it's hard to beat.

Here is the recipe...

What did I do differently...

The first time I made it I used dijon...the second...just brown mustard and just a dab. I liked it better with brown. I used sour cream instead of yogurt. I didn't temper it with broth, just let the meal cool off a little before adding the sour cream to keep it from breaking. I also skipped the flour and did corn starch and cold water after the IP release.

That's it. If you make it and figure out what it needs to make it great...please let me know.

Last edited:
Corn starch is goodly! No lump like with flour.

Add a couple cans of mushrooms & salt...but the biggest thing that'll make it fabulous is FRESH CRACKED BLACK PEPPER...ALOT OF IT.

This is just pretty good...it needs something...and that is not my fortè.

Maybe one of you can figure it out...but it is absolutely serviceable as is and for ease of making and just a few ingredients, it's hard to beat.

Here is the recipe...

What did I do differently...

The first time I made it I used dijon...the second...just brown mustard and just a dab. I liked it better with brown. I used sour cream instead of yogurt. I didn't temper it with broth, just let the meal cool off a little before adding the sour cream to keep it from breaking. I also skipped the flour and did corn starch and cold water after the IP release.

That's it. If you make it and figure out what it needs to make it great...please let me know.

Sour cream definitely over yogurt.

I don't have an IP and I've never made it with ground beef, but I've used chuck or round steak or even leftover 'whatever steak' or even roast I had on hand.

My recipe doesn't call for mustard, but does use about a tablespoon of catsup & let it simmer till meat is tender. Last minute add sour cream and some dill. Good stuff.

Forum List

Back