Quick Qst. on the Illegal Immigration Issue

That figure seems about right, 55 to 60 thousand. With about 500 thousand illegals, that would make a little less than 4% of the population as undocumented illegals. What would the % of illegal school students be per capita?

That figure seems about right, 55 to 60 thousand.

The figure seems low. If we counted the kids of illegals who were born here, it'd be at least double that.
They are citizens, Todd, and they will always be citizens, so they are untouchable as far as funding education.

Yes, the citizen children of adult illegals are an additional burden on our education system.

I sincerely do not have an answer to the question nor do I have a "hidden agenda" for asking it.....But I'm curious:

Amid all the barrage of rhetoric regarding the halting of illegal immigration from the Mexican border, why hasn't any of the conservative candidates linked the curbing of these immigrants with ALSO the possible curbing of the tons of drugs that come across the same border?

Hmmm ... Well, its the US who is buying their drugs and it was the US that created the drug trade by wiping out Mexico's agriculture and manufacturing.

Its also the US who hires them and, in some cases, advertises for more illegal employees and even transports them here.

And its the Repubs who have consistently been in favor of amnesty and who have refused to address illegal immigration.

Meanwhile, President Obama has deported more than 2 million - more than any other president. And, he has increased Border Patrol on our 2000 mile southern border to more than 18,500 - in spite of obstruction from the Repubs.

If the money drug cartel motives are cut off, illegal immigration should be easy to handle.

Baloney.
I disagree with you. But let's bring home all our troops and let them patrol the border. That would be a good use of our hard earned tax dollars.

Pretend we suddenly confiscate every single dollar of drug money, why does that stop a single Mexican peasant from crossing our border?

If you secure the border that helps control both.
it does, but if there's enough money in crossing the border you won't really be able to secure it. someone will always have the motivation to build the better mouse.
cutting off the monetary motivation would curb illegal immigration faster than building a wall.
You will never be able to totally stop either but right now neither party seems willing to even try.
i don't disagree. republicans are too in bed with businesses that hire illegal immigrants and democrats are too concerned with the well being of the immigrant

still, i have news for you... illegal immigration isn't a real problem.
not in maine....but in some places it may be...

That figure seems about right, 55 to 60 thousand. With about 500 thousand illegals, that would make a little less than 4% of the population as undocumented illegals. What would the % of illegal school students be per capita?

The figure seems low. If we counted the kids of illegals who were born here, it'd be at least double that.
They are citizens, Todd, and they will always be citizens, so they are untouchable as far as funding education.

Yes, the citizen children of adult illegals are an additional burden on our education system.
they are citizens, just the same as any other citizen.

they are citizens, just the same as any other citizen.

Yes, we allowed illegals to remain here and have citizen children.

That won't change, though, so, yes, we are going to pay for them.

If the money drug cartel motives are cut off, illegal immigration should be easy to handle.

Baloney.
I disagree with you. But let's bring home all our troops and let them patrol the border. That would be a good use of our hard earned tax dollars.

Pretend we suddenly confiscate every single dollar of drug money, why does that stop a single Mexican peasant from crossing our border?
it doesn't. but would you care about that person if all they wanted was a job? wouldn't the border patrol have a better chance of stopping that 'peasant' if they weren't worried about a flood of drugs crossing the border?

Baloney.

As it is now ...

2000 mile southern border
divided by more than 18,500 Border Patrol Agents
equals
One agent every tenth of a mile.

They could almost hold hands.

Where would you put more agents?

My point is that people still think that (a) more agents and/or a wall would keep them out, (b) that its possible to "seal" our southern border and (c) barring that, we should just "round them up and ship them home".

None of that is true. Not even close. Anyone who wants to know why I say that can read any of my gazillion posts in the Illegal Immigration forum.

Baloney.

Toddsterpatriot

You also said we should 'round them up and send them home'.

Try thinking before you type.

Why do you think "peasants" cross our border?

I helped hundreds of them and almost every one of them had a job waiting for them, usually the same job they had held the year before. Whose fault is that?

Last edited:
I see, so going to that the issue is skin color is it going over my head. What a bunch of race sluts you people are.

You ask what you say is a serious question, then you abet race whoring showing you're just a lair. Your questions are not genuine anything.

And you say my view is a "pity?" That I don't just see the issue is skin color? You're just a Democrat party bitch

No Kaz...What is a PITY is that you don't comprehend the English language as written, and YET you come on these forums and expect anyone to take your raves and rants seriously.....

Go back, re-read what was posted....ask someone for help.....and THEN bitch and moan.

it does, but if there's enough money in crossing the border you won't really be able to secure it. someone will always have the motivation to build the better mouse.
cutting off the monetary motivation would curb illegal immigration faster than building a wall.
I disagree. However, why does that preclude our doing both?
it doesn't. but then i can spend a lot of time and effort building a positive pressure home and only going out in a protective bubble to avoid getting sick, or i could just wash my hands often.

we need to be conscious about the return on investment of our efforts.

Baloney.

Toddsterpatriot

Try thinking before you type.

Why do you think "peasants" cross our border?

I helped hundreds of them and almost every one of them had a job waiting for them, usually the same job they had held the year before. Whose fault is that?

We should.

You will never be able to totally stop either but right now neither party seems willing to even try.
i don't disagree. republicans are too in bed with businesses that hire illegal immigrants and democrats are too concerned with the well being of the immigrant

still, i have news for you... illegal immigration isn't a real problem.
So you don't think that flooding the jobs market with low skilled people who will work for pennies on the dollar is not a problem?

You don't think that those same people utilizing public resources is also a problem?

I think that is a silly statement.
it's not a real problem. if there's 14 million illegal immigrants that's what, about 4% of the population?
how many of them are really a drain on society?
i guess i should have said it's not an important problem.

Gays are approximately 2% of the population, and look at the havoc they've wreaked.

Nothing against gays, but the squeakiest wheel does get the grease.

"They are doing jobs that Americans won't do."

Cut off the welfare benefits and watch how fast Americans will line up to do them.

I don't want to round up undesirables, I want illegal aliens to go home.

Call it what you will, but the concept of "rounding up" people as if they were stray doggies......well, its a rather repulsive one.

When the doggies are invading your country, whatcha gonna do?

Watcha gonna do??? Tell those greedy business owners that a hefty fine per hire would be much more than paying a decent wage to an American worker.....
"Illegals" aren't coming here because they like being harassed by conservatives.

Forum List

Back