question on netflicks?

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
for the folks here who have netflicks,just wondering one thing.If you have it,can you rent or buy old tv shows on DVD from them? thanks.

Netflix does have a DVD plan, but it is separate from the streaming plan.
Rent Movies and TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray - DVD Netflix
I believe that Netflix has discontinued the purchase of used DVD.

If you want recent movies, redbox can be the cheaper option.
Rent Movies Online - DVDs, Blu-Ray™ & Games | Movie Rentals at Redbox
Buying used movies from Redbox
Movies at Redbox & Other New DVD Releases & Blu-ray for Rent

There is always ebay or amazon to buy used movies

Hulu is another streaming service as well as amazon having a streaming service.

For streaming movies there are many options, best to compare to see what will best fit your needs!

For streaming movies there are many options, best to compare to see what will best fit your needs!

whats the best suggestion for old movies? i did not see anything in there how to purchase OLD movies from way back like in the 40's and 50's?

very few new movies I am interested in .Hollywood has gone to shit,they have gotten so desperate they are remaking classics that should NEVER have been touched.Footloose,ghostbusters,hawaaii five oh,macguyver,magnum PI. thats why i said OLD movies fuck hollywood in their new crap.:mad:

Last edited:

does netflicks have any information they send you to find out about OLD tv shows and movies? I did not see anything in there in those links about how to purcahse old movies and tv shows. that last link i sure have no interest in,like i said,fuck the NEW crap.

does netflicks have any information they send you to find out about OLD tv shows and movies? I did not see anything in there in those links about how to purcahse old movies and tv shows. that last link i sure have no interest in,like i said,fuck the NEW crap.
You can pull up their list and see what all they have. Might take a day or 2 to go through the list though.
But if you are only wanting old stuff, i would check ebay or something. Easier to find it used because nobody wants that crap anymore :D

whats the best suggestion for old movies? i did not see anything in there how to purchase OLD movies from way back like in the 40's and 50's?

very few new movies I am interested in .Hollywood has gone to shit,they have gotten so desperate they are remaking classics that should NEVER have been touched.Footloose,ghostbusters,hawaaii five oh,macguyver,magnum PI. thats why i said OLD movies fuck hollywood in their new crap.:mad:

I would suggest getting a Roku Streaming device -> Roku
Once you get it, and have it hooked up to the internet you can add channels, I do know there are several channels that have pretty damn old movies.
Here is one.... Old Movie Network

But there are many to choose from. A lot of them are free (but have commercials)....or you can pay a small monthly fee to turn the commercials off.
Roku is awesome.

Well there is MeTV which is over many airways for free. This is over the new digital broadcast system and many cable stations carry it as well.

Shows

As far as old movies, not sure how old you want to go, there is Turner Classic Movies for the really old stuff.

Turner Classic Movies - TCM.com

You can also go to the tv guide site and type in your favorite movie or TV show to see where it is playing

Footloose

Also there is reboot of many shows such as:

CBS Is Developing a Magnum P.I. Reboot

Once you get it, and have it hooked up to the internet you can add channels, I do know there are several channels that have pretty damn old movies.

But there are many to choose from. A lot of them are free (but have commercials)....or you can pay a small monthly fee to turn the commercials off.
Roku is awesome.
I have a roku and a chromecast.
Roku is the best, hands down. And the new ones are a breeze to navigate through. I love it.
Thinking about retiring the chromecast and replacing it with a roku.
We got a new BlueRay player a couple weeks ago and it is smart. You can download apps to it as well.
I thought that was cool

Roku is awesome.
Roku is the best, hands down. And the new ones are a breeze to navigate through. I love it.
We got a new BlueRay player a couple weeks ago and it is smart. You can download apps to it as well.
I thought that was cool

I have had a Roku for years, 100 times better/faster than a Smart TV interface....doesn't even compare.
Not to mention the ability to search movies/shows for every channel you have all at the same time.

Roku is awesome.
I thought that was cool

I have had a Roku for years, 100 times better/faster than a Smart TV interface....doesn't even compare.
Not to mention the ability to search movies/shows for every channel you have all at the same time.
I have one for a long time and it went out. Got the new one a couple months ago and the difference was night and day.

Well there is MeTV which is over many airways for free. This is over the new digital broadcast system and many cable stations carry it as well.

Shows

As far as old movies, not sure how old you want to go, there is Turner Classic Movies for the really old stuff.

Turner Classic Movies - TCM.com

You can also go to the tv guide site and type in your favorite movie or TV show to see where it is playing

Footloose

Also there is reboot of many shows such as:

CBS Is Developing a Magnum P.I. Reboot

dude did you miss the part where i said i have NO INTEREST IN "NEW CRAP" :rolleyes:

I just got done saying at that other thread,hollywood can burn down for all i care the fact they have run out of ideas so badly now that they have resorted to destroying the great classics such as magnum pi,macgyver,hawaii five oh,and footloose with craploose,crap five oh,ect,ect. dont evem mention that treasonous and disgusting word reboot in my presense again.barf city.

hense WHY i said in the OP "OLD TV SHOWS.

you know from the 60's,70's and 80's when hollywood actually produced magical shows all the time?

I see there is a 1 800 number at netflicks there i can call .I'll just do that and find out from them.

dont get me wrong.I loved and appreciated all your post UNTIL the last part when you mentioned that treasonous and disgusting word REBOOT of that great classic Magnum PI.:D

The ONLY Magnum is Tom Selleck,there is no other same as there is no other steve mcgarrit for hawaiii five oh and kevin bacon for sure is the one and only ren mccormick in Footloose where hollywood took a shit on him with CRAPloose same as they took a shit on jack lord with CRAP five oh and now a shit on richard dean anderson with CRAPmacgyver and the latest tom sellect with CRAP PI.:mad:

Last edited:
again thanks for everything else BEFORE that disgusting word REBOOT.I see there in that link the great classic tv shows when hollywood USED to produce magic.

again thanks for everything else BEFORE that disgusting word REBOOT.I see there in that link the great classic tv shows when hollywood USED to produce magic.

that being said,I see it says watch your old favorite tv shows for free.is that service mettv like netflicks where you pay for the month? i assume you cant BUY from them?

I know of a local book store in my city that sells old tv shows but they are so damn expensive.:mad:

I met Ed Asner a couple years ago and he was saying that netflicks had the first two seasons of his show Lou Grant on DVD so there MUST be many others that netflicks carries as well you would think.

Forum List

Back