I find TV today so uninteresting that I prefer to watch Threes Company re-runs

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Maybe I am just getting old fast and I enjoy the simpler days.

That is all. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
My daughter asked me the other day, where are the cartoons I grew up watching, yes where are they now ?? Exactly.... As we go farther and farther down the rabbit hole, everything seems to get more and more evil in it's intent... I mean whether it's in movies, shows, cartoons etc it's just impossible to deny. My daughter is a young mother, and she notices the changes accelerating from when she was a child while watching her children growing up in the environment she is monitoring for them today.

Who wouldn't?

c14f4e9a00c9bd1d60bc90c36eee00d2--threes-company-windows-.jpg

Suzanne Sommers was hot! Yes Late night TV, SNL, the sitcoms, reality shows are all pretty much crap. I'm thinking of getting one of those HD TV antennas. If I can get sports and local news I can dump cable.

I don't watch TV. Sometimes I watch TV shows on the computer, but the TV remains turned off, for months at a time, gathering dust.

But I only watch TV shows as a sort of social relax kind of thing with other people.

Game of Thrones, Altered Carbon, House of Cards, nuff said.

I like a few shows, but they are in the off season. House of Cards was great, but now with the Spacey scandal I feel dirty watching it. Maybe the new season without him will peek my interest.

Game of Thrones, Altered Carbon, House of Cards, nuff said.

I like a few shows, but they are in the off season. House of Cards was great, but now with the Spacey scandal I feel dirty watching it. Maybe the new season without him will peek my interest.

I started to watch House of Cards because of the scandal. I don't care what the actors have done, if their work is good, then it's good. However by season 3 it all became a little ridiculous and I couldn't watch it any more. Watched Game of Thrones season 1 - 7 in about a month's binge, not my fault but my other half's.

Suzanne Sommers was hot! Yes Late night TV, SNL, the sitcoms, reality shows are all pretty much crap. I'm thinking of getting one of those HD TV antennas. If I can get sports and local news I can dump cable.
Yeah it's so weird how they just keep cutting their own throats in the business of providing good clean family entertainment that is quality and re-enforces our mainstream values, our responsibility, our self disipline, our productiveness, and our awareness.

Yeah it's so weird how they just keep cutting their own throats in the business of providing good clean family entertainment that is quality and re-enforces our mainstream values, our responsibility, our self disipline, our productiveness, and our awareness.

Yeah, that's what people want, values forced down their throats at every opportunity.

The Chinese try this, and every movie they make that is supposed to show this, flops so badly it's embarrassing.

I don't watch TV. Sometimes I watch TV shows on the computer, but the TV remains turned off, for months at a time, gathering dust.

But I only watch TV shows as a sort of social relax kind of thing with other people.
Otherwise you opt out like so many are doing today, yet the youth stay engaged while hellywood knows this all to well, so they produce enticing products that target their audience for whom they know are basically left to their own devices in a world gone mad. Then we are scratching our heads when our youth fall into the pit of hell while we weren't paying attention anymore.

Yeah, that's what people want, values forced down their throats at every opportunity.

The Chinese try this, and every movie they make that is supposed to show this, flops so badly it's embarrassing.
Values should come naturally, and when we see them being re-enforced it tells us that we are on the right track in life with our society. What is your idea of values, and what is it that you are opposed to when it comes to values that have been accepted in this nation for centuries minus the bad stuff ???

Otherwise you opt out like so many are doing today, yet the youth stay engaged while hellywood knows this all to well, so they produce enticing products that target their audience for whom they know are basically left to their own devices in a world gone mad. Then we are scratching our heads when our youth fall into the pit of hell while we weren't paying attention anymore.

So, they produce stuff that people watch. Shocking behavior.

Every generation grows up and looks behind them at the new generation coming through scratching their head wondering what the fuck went wrong.

It's natural.

My tv's are basically computer monitors for streaming whatever I want. I do have a nice antenna hooked up to one that I use for sporting events mostly. No cable, waste of money.

Last edited:

Values should come naturally, and when we see them being re-enforced it tells us that we are on the right track in life with our society. What is your idea of values, and what is it that you are opposed to when it comes to values that have been accepted in this nation for centuries minus the bad stuff ???

I don't watch TV to have values stuffed down my throat.

People like watching stuff that connects, and often it's stuff that isn't always the right values.

People like watching stuff that connects, and often it's stuff that isn't always the right values.
We have a generational rot going on, and to deny this is being selfish really.

We have a generational rot going on, and to deny this is being selfish really.

Yes, it's been happening since the Roman times. Your parents generation thought the same about your generation.

C'est le vie.

I don't watch TV, except for some ID-channel criminal-mysteries things. So-called "reality" TV does not appeal to me. "Honey Boo Boo," "The Duggars," "Duck Dynasty"? Pageant shit? "Say yes to the dress?Jersey Shore,? come on . Why would I waste my time? US TV, with a few exceptions, is a pile of crap. Most of what I watch is British.

Forum List

Back