Frasier Reboot

I thought it was OK.

Cheers was way, way better.
Especially with Shelley Long.

There were 11 seasons of Cheers. I own the first nine. I thought all five years with Long were great, as were the first three with Kirstie Alley. Alley's fourth was OK, but the series was turning into a cliche by then. It wound up going too long, as almost all do.

I liked Frasier. My wife DVRed about 150 episodes a few months ago and has been watching them since. However, I have no interest in seeing them again. It was a very formulaic show.

I thought it was OK.

Cheers was way, way better.
Especially with Shelley Long.

There were 11 seasons of Cheers. I own the first nine. I thought all five years with Long were great, as were the first three with Kirstie Alley. Alley's fourth was OK, but the series was turning into a cliche by then. It wound up going too long, as almost all do.

I liked Frasier. My wife DVRed about 150 episodes a few months ago and has been watching them since. However, I have no interest in seeing them again. It was a very formulaic show.
I liked both. These long running shows fall in love with themselves after a while and forget what made them funny.

Fawlty Towers, Black Adder and the Office got out in time.

Netflix had Cheers about a year ago, probably still do. The Pupps watched it from start to finish in about 3 weeks. The drop off you mention certainly occurred. It was great nostalgia, as we watched it "live" until around the 3rd season when Kirstie came aboard. The show just didn't have it after that.

As a side note, one of Pupps cousins met Shelley in Savannah when they both were having their boats worked on (he lives there). Shelley was cruising from Miami to New York and they developed engine trouble. She was quite nice and their families ended up having dinner together that evening in Savannah.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back