question for those who oppose Islam

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
How many of you have actually read the Quran and other muslim teaching first hand rather than from selections quoted by someone else with an agenda?

Im curious how many people have first hand knowledge or rely on other what others say about it.

I didn't read Mein Kampft either but I still know enough about the nazis to know that they're bullshit. You want to look up for me the parts where it says to treat your women and children like dirt? Go for it.

Not in the Arabic.
Quran, several translations
Sahih Bukhari
Sahhi Muslim
Malik's Muwatta
Abu Dawud
About half of SUNY Series in Near Eastern Studies Tabari
Working through Brill The encyclopedia of Islam, 2002
Biographies of the Rightly guided caliphs: kaathir, At tabari As Syooti.
In the Shade of the Quran / Milestones:Qutb
The Oxford Islamic studies website in its entirety
Historical Atlas of the Islamic World:Malise Ruthven, Azim Nanji
Jihad in Islam :Maududi
Reliance of the Traveller: The Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law Umdat Al-Salik
Jihad in the Qur'an and Sunnah:Sheikh Abdullah Bin Muhammad Bin Humaid
The Little Green Book:Harold Salemson
Ghazwas & Sariyas :Sell
Sirat Rasul Allah :Guillaume
Management of savagery .
And about 20 or more volumes .

How many of you have actually read the Quran and other muslim teaching first hand rather than from selections quoted by someone else with an agenda?

Im curious how many people have first hand knowledge or rely on other what others say about it.

Got a book about it at the time of the satanic verses controvercy, dont remember too much about it.

I didn't read Mein Kampft either but I still know enough about the nazis to know that they're bullshit. You want to look up for me the parts where it says to treat your women and children like dirt? Go for it.

Pretty much the same as the bible, seemingly in the bible if your wife is not a virgin on her wedding night you must stone her to death on her fathers door step - religions are all crazy and relying on the fairy tales of stone age peasants is lunacy :cuckoo:

All I need to know about Islam......

Fuck those animals.

If you were really curious you would ask the corresponding question to people who support Islam. since you did not, it is pretty obvious that you are simply trolling.

If you were really curious you would ask the corresponding question to people who support Islam. since you did not, it is pretty obvious that you are simply trolling.

When have I ever simply trolled?

Alright, how many people who support Islam have actually read the Quran and other muslim teachings?

So far Mr Fitnah seems to be the only one who is answering affirmative.

When have I ever simply trolled?

Alright, how many people who support Islam have actually read the Quran and other muslim teachings?

So far Mr Fitnah seems to be the only one who is answering affirmative.

I have read it, and have my own copy, along with an e-book on my computer for reference.

That question deserves its own thread.

""How many of you have actually read the Quran and other muslim teaching first hand rather than from selections quoted by someone else with an agenda?""

I have two copies of the koran. the penguin edition, and a copy given to me when i visited saudi on business 10 years ago. I have read the koran several times and use it for reference.

I suspect that i know the koran better than many muslims do. the koran is a seriously flawed book. it contains many errors, contradictions and sheer uncivilized brutality. it is a big problem for muslims because they claim that it is the word of god. for this reason none of it can be changed, no matter how wrong, unintelligent and uncivilized it is.

Skeptic's Annotated Quran

those interested can view an online koran at skeptic.

not just muslims, but ALL religious people are stupid people - WERE THEIR RELIGION IS CONCERNED.

at work they may have to make intelligent decisions based upon a careful consideration of the facts.

but when it comes to religion any rational, analytical thinking that they use under other circumstances must be turned off.

and when your intelligence is turned off you are by definition stupid.

they go in 'duh' mode. hence the problems that religion causes.

First hand knowledge? Since no one wrote the Quran for YEARS after Mohammad died, first hand would have to be, well, THERE, wouldn't it?

I've read a ton but I wasn't there at the time :eusa_hand:

Not in the Arabic.
Sahih Bukhari
Sahhi Muslim
Malik's Muwatta
Abu Dawud
Reliance of the Traveller: The Classic Manual of Islamic Sacred Law Umdat Al-Salik
Management of savagery .

Hey man !! what U put down over here is not translations of the Holy Qu'ran ?

you have mentioned some of prophet Mohamad's peace be upon him speeches and they are not verses of the Holy Qu'ran ... but those speeches that are been found to be authentic are taken as if they are Qu'ranic verses

overmore , you've mentioned some other books that non Muslims had written !

thus , the question of this thread still without answer !

To be honest, I don't care what the Quran says. I feel that everyone is perfectly right in exercising their religion in any way they would like as long as it does not affect me in any way whatsoever.

As long as I never hear or ever am aware of any Muslims being associated with terrorist acts, they can walk in circles and beat themselves with chains and pray 5 or 10 times a day. All of that is dandy.

None of that matters. Whenever there is a group eating lunch and some whack job walks into the cafe and blows himself up, that whack job is invariably a Muslim.

Not all Muslims are terrorists. I get it. Of the terrorists that kill others of all faiths including other Muslims, the vast majority is Muslim. All of the rationalization in the world will not obsure the fact that this religion is the basis for allot of violence and allot of people being trained in violence and hate.

The content of the Quran is as useful in predicting the actions of today's violent, radical Muslims as the Bible would be in predicting the won-lost record of the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. Which is to say, no use at all.

Last edited:
This last caught my eye
The content of the Quran is as useful in predicting the actions of today's violent, radical Muslims as the Bible would be in predicting the won-lost record of the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. Which is to say, no use at all.

I don't believe the Quran ever prophesied anything. If it has I would love someone to point it out.

The Bible has many functions, to reveal God's character, to show us how to take care of ourselves. It is also one of the best sources of history, that's undeniable everywhere. The Bible also contains so many prophesies that we would not miss His Son and to let us know God is with us.

The Quran has many of the careful details of the Bible mixed up but is claimed to be correct over it, even though it wasn't written down for decades. It seems to be obsessed with separating Muslims from infidels from start to finish, and is arranged not chronologically but by the length of each book, the longest one being first all the way to the shortest book being last. It is said to be quotes of Mohammad as he was trying to convince Jews and Christians he was a prophet from God. It's also why it will go back and forth on approach with no regard to chronology or who Mohammad evolved into.

I don't see how the two can be compared, except to an outsider of both faiths who rejects everything anyway and focuses on teaching our kids a bunch of made up garbage trying to disprove God.

Not in the Arabic.
Sahih Bukhari
Sahhi Muslim
Malik's Muwatta
Abu Dawud
Management of savagery .

Hey man !! what U put down over here is not translations of the Holy Qu'ran ?

you have mentioned some of prophet Mohamad's peace be upon him speeches and they are not verses of the Holy Qu'ran ... but those speeches that are been found to be authentic are taken as if they are Qu'ranic verses

overmore , you've mentioned some other books that non Muslims had written !

thus , the question of this thread still without answer !

Hey retard, can you count to potato ?

Forum List

Back