Question For New Yorkers;Is It Too Cold At Night For OWS? Have Many Of Them Vanished?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Teals_Of_Wonder, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Teals_Of_Wonder

Teals_Of_Wonder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    :thewave:

:poke::eusa_dance::happy-1:

First of all, It's getting a bit cold at night here in Florida. And if we are in the 60's and 50's during sleeping hours, How cold is it up there in the Tri-State area? :booze:

And being realistic: These kids can only survive in a cold & rainy environment for so long,then they will get a nasty cold/bug/bronchitis etc. Then they will have to go home to mommy who may have to spend "Her Money" for Cold Medicine, and possibly a doctors appt.

Anyhow, so How's the weather up there and any indication that the Protesters are gradually leaving Fettuccine Park? {hey, give it another two weeks when winter cold kicks in}
    :bowdown::cheeky-smiley-018::eusa_dance::nono::meow::cranky::popcorn::omg::banana:

2. Rat in the Hat

Rat in the Hat Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,215
    Mark my words. When it starts to get cold, someone will bring in torpedo heaters (made by the evil 1% corporations Dayton & All-Pro) to keep the protesters (and their fleas) warm and toasty in Panchetta Park at night.

Oil Fired Torpedo Heater, 38 K BtuH, 120 V - Portable Commercial Oil Heaters - Heating Equipment - 1VNX5 : Grainger Industrial Supply

All-Pro Portable Heaters: Forced Air, Convection, Salamander, Torpedo, & Tank Top Heaters

3. Teals_Of_Wonder

Teals_Of_Wonder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    it's 58/57 degrees now,,,,,for me,,60 is freezing !! I am already blowing my nose. And if it's 58 here at 1:30am,,,,,I am assuming it's 37 in New York? I wonder if the protesters are burning logs in their TeePees.

4. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,747
    Yes, and they will be provided by the PEOPLE!

Gheddit?!?!?

You see, it is the PEOPLE that is behind them.

Which side are you on palooka?

5. Rat in the Hat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,215
    They are probably using this product to keep warm. (Made by another evil 1% corp)

[​IMG]

They don't mind the evil corporations that produce things they want or need, do they? Like the $5,500 computer that idiot had stolen from her.

6. Rat in the Hat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,215
    The side that doesn't mind when people get their toes stepped on by accident.

7. Teals_Of_Wonder

Teals_Of_Wonder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    And they say the Movement Is Spreading Like WILDFIRE !!!! Really ?? Where ?? Illinois? Ohio ?? Michigian ?? Minnesota and Wisconsin? I look forward to seeing a mob of 1000 locals sleeping in a park in the upcoming 30 degree nights.

8. Rat in the Hat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,215
    There's a monumental, whopping 30 of them camped out in Keiner Plaza in St Louis. They tried to show their strength at game 1 of the series, but nobody noticed them. :lol:

It's down to 43 degrees right now, so they're probably freezing their balls off. But I bet their fleas had enough sense to find someplace warm.

9. Teals_Of_Wonder

Teals_Of_Wonder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    so will they be building igloos in the Parks of Alaska and live off of Caribou Burgers?

10. Dragon

Dragon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +579
    It's interesting to me that almost all of the criticism of OWS coming from the right fall into two categories. They either:

1) Lie; or

2) Speculate about what hasn't happened yet and may not, as if it were a certainty, often in the silliest ways.

This thread of course falls into the second category. Nobody ever seems to make a factual statement as criticism about OWS that is actually true.

The protests have continued through police beatings, pepper spray, mass arrests, and a threatened forcible clearing of the park by the mayor. Given that fact, it's kind of nonsensical to claim that they're going to evaporate just because the weather turns a little bit chilly. Me, I'd rather bundle up and endure a little cold weather than have highly caustic, agonizing chemicals squirted into my eyes while someone beats on me with a stick and forces me to the ground in a choke hold. Am I being unrealistic here? Is this just me, just because I've never been to New York except in summertime? Is there something particularly horrible about a New York winter that makes it worse and harder to endure than being beaten up by big guys with clubs and having your face burned off?

What am I missing in this picture?