Question for Music fans...

Santana?

th

I wish, he's easy to remember. But this guy had like a top hat worn low to hide his pocky or scarred face and I want to say his name had 'Bone' in it...but any searches come up with T-Bone the rapper and Redbone, that is Native American group that sang 'Come & get your love' and neither is him.
I know who you're talking about. Gimme a minute and I'll think of his name.

Root Boy Slim?

No.....I don't think he had a band behind him, I only remember the one guy front & center as a solo act. He gave the impression that he didn't care about fame or showing off.....he was just there because he had a song to share. If you liked it great & if not, then kiss off........type of persona.

As I said, I know it's a long shot, but had to ask

Root Boy Slim?

No.....I don't think he had a band behind him, I only remember the one guy front & center as a solo act. He gave the impression that he didn't care about fame or showing off.....he was just there because he had a song to share. If you liked it great & if not, then kiss off........type of persona.

Sounds like Tom Waits.

Root Boy Slim?

Sounds like Tom Waits.

He's close, but no.

The biggest problem is I've only seen him the one time on stage (on tv, not in person)........there may have been one other time, but as a cameo to someone elses music but can't be sure on that. It may have been like with the one ZZTop song......the voice is so close.

Sorry people, but I give up for tonight & will try again another day. Thanks for everyone's help

Lot of guys playing at that time wore goatees.

Lead singer?
Guitar or bass?
Drums?
Any song that impressed you by him to make you think of him?

Dark hair?
Did he always wear a hat?
Was he black, white, native America, Asian?

upload_2017-6-1_1-58-31.jpeg

Geddy Lee - Rush

upload_2017-6-1_1-57-22.jpeg

Lemmy Kilster - Motorhead

images

Phil Lynott - Thin Lizzy

It would help if you knew some lyrics or type of songs he sang. Rock, country, jazz, etc,..

There's lots of singers to choose from even at that time period.

upload_2017-6-1_2-7-6.jpeg

*****SMILE******

:)

Last edited:
All four of the Beatles experimented with goatees, beards, and hats after they broke up.

images

images

images

images

^^^They wouldn't care about fame at that time^^^

upload_2017-6-1_2-37-24.jpeg

^^^Then there was Bob Dylan^^^

upload_2017-6-1_2-38-3.jpeg

And of course...

*****CHUCKLE*****

NOTE: I was going to add Zappa to this post but Chuz Life beat me to the punch.

Last edited:
Lot of guys playing at that time wore goatees.

Lead singer?
Guitar or bass?
Drums?
Any song that impressed you by him to make you think of him?

Dark hair?
Did he always wear a hat?
Was he black, white, native America, Asian?

View attachment 130073

Geddy Lee - Rush

View attachment 130072

Lemmy Kilster - Motorhead

images

Phil Lynott - Thin Lizzy

It would help if you knew some lyrics or type of songs he sang. Rock, country, jazz, etc,..

There's lots of singers to choose from even at that time period.

View attachment 130075

*****SMILE******

Why the hell did you include Mani ???? That's a big NO. :badgrin:

upload_2017-6-1_1-58-31-jpeg.130073

I really do appreciate everyone's help, but I don't think I'll ever find out just who it was. Since I haven't seen him in over 40+ years, it's obvious he never made it big, unless it was a 'behind-the-scene' voice. Sorry to inconvenience everyone.

Forum List

Back