Question for GOP: Does cutting education mean you've given up on jobs?

Hey dean, I've only been here a short while. But I've been here just long enough to figure out what a complete moron you are. I think the childish drivel you post would better serve you on some hack far left website. There are a few wackos here but that's not you. Indeed, you truly believe the complete bullshit you post to be factual.

Me, I'm not blind to my sides idiocy. Bush spent like a tool, Hannity is as partisan as they come but I realize that not everyone has to conform to one ideal. Life is about the experience "you" make of it, not what someone else can offer you. Your ilk can't accept responsibility for the mistakes you've made and that's what makes our govt dissfunctional.

Your posts drive a rational person to hate. Either hate of your point of view or hate for the other. Point being no compromise can ever be reached. Maybe if you actually got to socialize in the real world once and awhile you might realize everything is no so black and white.

I pitty you....

Good day

Hey dean, I've only been here a short while. But I've been here just long enough to figure out what a complete moron you are. I think the childish drivel you post would better serve you on some hack far left website. There are a few wackos here but that's not you. Indeed, you truly believe the complete bullshit you post to be factual.

Me, I'm not blind to my sides idiocy. Bush spent like a tool, Hannity is as partisan as they come but I realize that not everyone has to conform to one ideal. Life is about the experience "you" make of it, not what someone else can offer you. Your ilk can't accept responsibility for the mistakes you've made and that's what makes our govt dissfunctional.

Your posts drive a rational person to hate. Either hate of your point of view or hate for the other. Point being no compromise can ever be reached. Maybe if you actually got to socialize in the real world once and awhile you might realize everything is no so black and white.

I pitty you....

Good day

It's your ilk that's the problem. My posts are very rational and I believe I do a great job describing the situation. Every state where Republicans gained a majority, they slashed education.

Check out the huge spending cuts in Florida. This is so Rick Scott can fund tax cuts for the wealthy and tax breaks for business. If you cut education, who will those businesses hire? That's only common sense.

Scott proposes $3.3 bill cut to education – Central Florida Political Pulse – Orlando Sentinel

One of the Republican front runners for President vowed to end the EPA if elected.

The reason Medicare was started was because insurance companies wouldn't insure the elderly. Giving them vouchers would do nothing. Insurance companies won't insure them. It's just that simple.

Taxes are at historic lows.

Name a single Republican policy that helps the middle class.

In the fall, some schools will be going to 4 day weeks. Many schools cut summer school entirely. There will be classes with up to 50 students. Republicans say the schools are failing anyway. So the answer is let them die?

Republicans always go on about how government does nothing. Then you point out NASA or the military. NASA has been at the forefront in innovation and technology. The entire world sees it, except Republicans. Because they insist "government doesn't work". And they make sure it doesn't.

Republicans, for the most part are terrible. They down everyone who doesn't agree with them. They have no meaningful policies. No strategy. They ran on "Jobs Jobs Jobs", but now they say that never did or government can't create jobs.

Democrats have put up. Republicans, instead of offering new ideas or presenting solutions, they just block everything. Where are their ideas? Where are the solutions? Ones that don't mean making even more Americans suffer? They are a bankrupt political party that is based in the deep south. It's the party the confederates vote for.

Dean, money does not equate a triple A education. If it did we would have the smartest kids in the world. The fact that some idiot used what you thought should have been school money for other things is irrelevant.
My oldest daughter went to one of the best schools in Missouri. Unfortunately it made very little difference and it wasn't because of lack of funding. We live in a well funded, wealthy district.
Money doesn't solve everything. In fact money applied without common sense solves nothing.
The only reason this is a political issue is because some think it garners votes. Fact is the politicalization of it just makes matters worse.

APPLY SOME COMMON SENSE PEOPLE

Dean, money does not equate a triple A education. If it did we would have the smartest kids in the world. The fact that some idiot used what you thought should have been school money for other things is irrelevant.
My oldest daughter went to one of the best schools in Missouri. Unfortunately it made very little difference and it wasn't because of lack of funding. We live in a well funded, wealthy district.
Money doesn't solve everything. In fact money applied without common sense solves nothing.
The only reason this is a political issue is because some think it garners votes. Fact is the politicalization of it just makes matters worse.

And what solutions are Republicans coming up with to improve the schools? The unfunded "no child left behind"?

In fact, name a single Republican policy that that doesn't dismantle something or hurt the middle class. When I was a kid, the Republican party was known as "The Party of Ideas". What ideas do they have now? Cut taxes for the wealthy? Turn Medicare into a disastrous voucher program? And let me tell you something. Those awful schools have produced the kids that are currently in colleges and universities. All those awful liberal teachers, college professors, scientists and engineers are products of that school system. Sure, some kids don't learn and won't, but the knowledge is there and available for those that want to. Take that away and we are killing our country.

Almost every kid who is failing has a parent or parents who are doing nothing to help that kid. They want schools to do it all. Well it doesn't work that way and it never has. When parents are involved, miraculously, the schools seem to work. Unless there is no school. Then what? What's the Republican plan?

We did just fine, actually exponentially better, prior to 1980 before the education dept started screwing things up. We could end it and homeland security tomorrow and be better off.

I really don't believe that DOE did anything to screw up our education system. My gripe with the DOE is that it is just a waste of money. Money funnels into the DOE, half of it goes to administration, and then the rest is returned back to the states. We would be much better off just leaving the money at the state level and letting each state figure it out on their own. This is definitely one instance where we would be better off just letting states handle their own educational systems. They do anyway, it's just that now they have to beg for a percentage of money that their citizens sent to the federal government in the first place.

And what solutions are Republicans coming up with to improve the schools? The unfunded "no child left behind"?

In fact, name a single Republican policy that that doesn't dismantle something or hurt the middle class. When I was a kid, the Republican party was known as "The Party of Ideas". What ideas do they have now? Cut taxes for the wealthy? Turn Medicare into a disastrous voucher program? And let me tell you something. Those awful schools have produced the kids that are currently in colleges and universities. All those awful liberal teachers, college professors, scientists and engineers are products of that school system. Sure, some kids don't learn and won't, but the knowledge is there and available for those that want to. Take that away and we are killing our country.

Almost every kid who is failing has a parent or parents who are doing nothing to help that kid. They want schools to do it all. Well it doesn't work that way and it never has. When parents are involved, miraculously, the schools seem to work. Unless there is no school. Then what? What's the Republican plan?

I am not a far right conservative by any means, but we are wasting money with the DOE. That money would be better left at the state level so each state could use it as it saw fit.

Dean, you've heard republican ideas so why should I sit here and explain to you why the voucher system protects the inner city child from a life of poverty? I can't, because you are unwilling to honestly consider anything that doesn't get presented with a D before it. I can't win with you and the debate never even started.
Unlike some on the right I will concede when wrong or at least consider I may be wrong. I've done it many times on here. Just today with a debate with modbert in fact. But you have no interest in broadening your horizions, you only want to be right.

Dean, you've heard republican ideas so why should I sit here and explain to you why the voucher system protects the inner city child from a life of poverty? I can't, because you are unwilling to honestly consider anything that doesn't get presented with a D before it. I can't win with you and the debate never even started.
Unlike some on the right I will concede when wrong or at least consider I may be wrong. I've done it many times on here. Just today with a debate with modbert in fact. But you have no interest in broadening your horizions, you only want to be right.

BalancedPolitics.org - School Vouchers (Pros & Cons, Arguments For and Against, Advantages & Disadvantages)

Have Republicans just "given up"?

They are cutting:

Education
Rebuilding any infra structure
Investment in innovation or technology
They want to strip medicare of funding
Turn over any Health Care to Companies who pay tens of millions to their CEO and BOD
Turn Social Security over to stock markets now run by robots

Once they've squeezed the country dry and turned over every single bit of capital to the wealthy and to corporations, "then what"? It's not like they can "leave". US Currency is only as strong as the country.

What's the "goal"? The "end game"? Does the Republican base really think their leadership will do better than what "Bush" did? I know you want to blame it on Obama, but Obama and the Democrats have had to fight, not only the "filibuster party", but also the mess left by the "filibuster party".

At least answer, "With education cut, what kinds of jobs will be "available"?" Who wants to hire anyone with no education? And "Bible School" is NOT education. Unless, "No Jobs" is the plan. Doesn't seem like a very smart one. You could make more money with a growing economy. "Cut" is the opposite of "grow".

The whole OP is imbecilic, but to just deal with the education cuts (if there really ARE any): Education by government schools has delivered a wretched product that leaves the US down in the rankings of industrial countries - it almost doesn't matter if it's cut. The schools particularly in the southwest have been flooded with the children of the illegal aliens the leftwingers have imported, degrading their performance and draining the education budget by people who don't contribute to school budgets, most of which comes from property taxes. The LAST people to complain about education are leftwingers, who have already wrecked it.

BalancedPolitics.org - School Vouchers (Pros & Cons, Arguments For and Against, Advantages & Disadvantages)

I give up dean. Anyone can post a link. I had hoped against all odds to get you to give me your thoughts. Anyone can regurgitate a link. (sorry for the spelling) For someone who says all the right does is post fox talking points you don't seem to actually have any thoughts of your own. I could sit here and have a link war with you that proves both our points but that solves nothing. Most links have an agenda behind them and you know it.

I'm done wasting my time, good night.

Maybe Republicans have the answer for how we can all get along and live in peace by destroying public secular education. Then, we can all just sit around reading the Bible and be happy. Praise Gawd.

They are cutting:

Education
Turn over any Health Care to Companies who pay tens of millions to their CEO and BOD

Once they've squeezed the country dry and turned over every single bit of capital to the wealthy and to corporations, "then what"? It's not like they can "leave". US Currency is only as strong as the country.

What's the "goal"? The "end game"? Does the Republican base really think their leadership will do better than what "Bush" did? I know you want to blame it on Obama, but Obama and the Democrats have had to fight, not only the "filibuster party", but also the mess left by the "filibuster party".

At least answer, "With education cut, what kinds of jobs will be "available"?" Who wants to hire anyone with no education? And "Bible School" is NOT education. Unless, "No Jobs" is the plan. Doesn't seem like a very smart one. You could make more money with a growing economy. "Cut" is the opposite of "grow".

George Carlin said it best:

George Carlin on the American Dream (with transcript) « Shoq Value

Maybe Republicans have the answer for how we can all get along and live in peace by destroying public secular education. Then, we can all just sit around reading the Bible and be happy. Praise Gawd.[/QUOTE]

BS! Don't take my response personal. I will explain more below.

They are cutting:

Education

George Carlin said it best:

George Carlin on the American Dream (with transcript) « Shoq Value

Back to BS!

Education
Good, as they should! A high percentage of our tax dollars that go to the DoED and then get circled back to communities , actually go toward paying for ridiculous union negotiated retirement. Something that our children will be on the hook for many years to come. I don't have a problem with paying teachers a decent wage, but I, in return, expect a decent education, not 'teaching to the test' crap. Teachers can have the same retirement package as the unwashed masses do, Social Security and Medicare. There will not be job 'cuts' for teachers. Charter and private schools will snap up teachers in a nano-second. I would actually guarantee MORE jobs, due to the fact that the demand for charter and private schools will rise, thus putting construction workers actually BACK to work!!!
Also, the tax dollars that families pay to 'educate' their children can be returned BACK to the parent, for the parent to decide how to spend their educational dollars on their children.

Proof please?
Proof please?

OMG, epic fail! That is Obama's 'plan'

BullShit! Medicare 'officials' already determine who gets what kind of care. Know anybody who has private health care, who, when they turn the magical age of 65, are FORCED into taking Medicare, making their private health insurance secondary to Medicare? This FORCE feeds the Govt trough, ONLY. Many Doctors are refusing to take on Medicare patients.

Turn Social Security over to stock markets now run by robots.
WRONG! Give a percentage of SS back to the people to INVEST the way the PEOPLE want to invest it, not the way the Fed Govt decides to invest it or rob it's coffers.

Oh yes, let's not forget 'NCLB' I don't give two shits who put it on the Govt table. It is unfunded and rewards illegal immigrants of all race and color.
Bible college IS an education, even if you choose to deny it.

Maybe Republicans have the answer for how we can all get along and live in peace by destroying public secular education. Then, we can all just sit around reading the Bible and be happy. Praise Gawd.

Funny, I thought secular Public Education had already been destroyed by the teacher's unions who think that 20% of their graduates being functionally illiterate is perfectly okay.

If I were more conspiracy minded, I would think it's all part of the plot.

Don't teach them any useful job oriented skills.
Teach them the world owes them a living, especially if they belong to a "designated victim class".
Keep them dependent on government and voting Democrat.

And of course, as I pointed out earlier, Democrats never send their own kids to these places. Why is that?

Educated voters listen to Fox News, Rush, Hannity and Beck and say....what a bunch of nut jobs

It is not in Republicans best interests to educate the population

Educated voters listen to Fox News, Rush, Hannity and Beck and say....what a bunch of nut jobs

Then why are all the WORST schools in the country, the failed education systems, in places run by Democrats?

Democrats who put their own kids in private schools.

Why do Democrats oppose merit pay for teachers, school choice, charter schools, or any other suggestion that might encourage excellence or improve the system.

The problem with public education is that it stopped being about the kids a long time ago. It became a very bad system where unions and bureaucrats just saw it as some ill-gained loot to be divided up... and results don't matter.

They are cutting:

Education
That's the way those people operate....destroying U.S.....from the inside, out.

110729_teaparty_mahurin_328.jpg

"They have joined the villains of American history who have been sufficiently craven to inflict massive harm on innocent victims to achieve their political goals."

Then why are all the WORST schools in the country, the failed education systems, in places run by Democrats?

Why do Democrats oppose merit pay for teachers, school choice, charter schools, or any other suggestion that might encourage excellence or improve the system.

The problem with public education is that it stopped being about the kids a long time ago. It became a very bad system where unions and bureaucrats just saw it as some ill-gained loot to be divided up... and results don't matter.

You started your post with a completely untrue statement. The American Legislative Exchange Council ranks US Schools.

Top 5:
1. Vermont
2. Massachusetts
3. Florida
4. New Hampshire
5. New York

Bottom 5:
48. New Mexico
49. Michigan
50. West Virginia
51. South Carolina

Report Card on American Education:
Ranking State K-12 Performance, Progress, and Reform

US News does an annual ranking of US High Schools.

Top 5:

1. Connecticut
2. Massachusetts
3. California
4. New Jersey
5. New York

Bottom 5:
45. Mississippi
46. Kansas
47. Hawaii
48. North Dakota
50. Montana

Best High Schools: State-by-State Statistics

And what about comparing the US Education System to other countries? Which countries ranked the highest?

PISA-rankings-within-OECD-001.jpg

Looks like those "socialist" ones that spend a lot of money on education...like Finland.

Know what they do in Finland? They pay their teachers a competitive salary. In Finland they recruit the top performers in school and pay them a really good salary.

Did you know that in 1970, the pay gap between a starting lawyer and a starting teacher salary was about $2,00 dollars a year? Know what it is today? It is over $100,000 dollars.

Pay Teachers More

Apparently Rdean thinks no one will be educated if the Federal Government gets out of education and leaves it to the states like they are constitutionally mandated to do. So apparently all this spending on education isnt working so well in his case.

I guess that's dependent-upon WHO is defining Education.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBzYSUI5_GM]‪Bill Maher on elites‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Was there (ever) a BETTER example of the need for National Standards????

:eusa_whistle:

You started your post with a completely untrue statement.
One o' the numerous reasons for....

never attaching any facts

......with Teabaggin'-threads!!

handjob.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back