Question About Sex Crazed Pit Bulls?????

Discussion in 'Pets' started by HUGGY, Jul 21, 2012.

1. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    I've had a male and female Pitt Bull couple off and on for a while now and now that I have had them together for several months it has become her "in heat" season and these pups are driving me crazy. The female had a menstral cycle for about two weeks...the blood sems to have stopped lowing and the male is going absolutely fucking nuts trying to get at the pussy. He is a 2 year 4 month old 120 lb red nose and she a 70 lb three and a half year old blue. Obviously neither dog is fixed. So my question is... how long after the female stops bleeding is she fertile? I am assuming this will coincide with HIM not makeing a sex crazed fool of himself. I want my gaurd dogs back! How much longer is this hormone thing gonna dictate the agenda?

I have a lot of experience with this type of dog but have never had fertile pairs under my watch.

Anybody know the answer to my question?

I feel like a ref in a heavyweight title fight.

How much longer will this be going on?

2. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    Why don't you just them fixed then you won't have to deal with it all.

3. HUGGY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    It's not my call. Technically they are not my dogs. The owner got them as puppies for her grown kids. Ya..probably a mistake. They loved the "puppies" but didn't have the discipline or time to deal with them as they got to be a few months old. This pattern has been repeated in other aspects of the family dynamics. Still not my call. Just an observation. The owner could barely handle the "puppies" as she is a frail woman with an onsetting nervous system disease which is nevr going to be cured. Fortunately for her and me I have been gaurding some property on a live-in basis with plenty of space and rooms. I have been close to the dogs from day one so it was a natural move to have me take care of them and they do help in my gaurd duties.

Also the owner and I have been kicking around the possibility of breeding the pair some time in the future. Still not my call entirely. I don't have THAT much time right now or in the forseeable future to become a full time dog nanny.

I was REALLY just curious as to how long to expect I would have to be around them full time 24/7 to keep them from fucking. There are times I have to go places and even leaving them together alone in my VW bus is unnacceptable the way they are right now.

I am finding that I will have to change some appointments into the future to accomodate this sex hormone burst. It was just a technical question so I could predict when to reschedule some of these appointments.

4. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,267
    Your first mistake was dealing with Pit-bulls.

Beagles are less of a threat to the public.

I can't rent to people that own dangerous breeds. The insurance company won't cover them.

5. HUGGY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    Ha....Ha... Beagles just wouldn't cut it in the neighborhood I work in. Beagles are nice dogs. The confrontations I have to deal with are at a level that requires a "threat" that is realistic. Let's take "yesterday". At around noon there was a young man and two whores shooting something into thier veins leaning against the fence surrounding my buildings.. YUP! right out in public. The dogs started barking and growling alerting me to the situation which I handled easily because my "barking" at them to take thier fucking drug circus down the road was backed up with a couple of "dangerous" animals. Even drug addled brains can see that HUGGY plus two huge bad ass dogs isn't worth challenging.

Then...still yesterday...around 9 PM a whore was taking a shortcut through the parking lot and a dude came outta the restaurant and picked her up and put her in his van. The dogs where barking at them and I went out and yelled at the dude that if I saw him around here again I would have him arrested. Well... the guy got so flustered that he backed his van into another car and took off with the whore hit and run style. The cops came and as usual they complimented me on the great back up I enjoy with the Pitts.

I agree that in "normal" circumstances the dogs I watch and watch property for me would be too much responsibility. They do have a place here though. I guess the "don't try this at home" saying would be appropriate.

6. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    This looks like it answers your question.

Your Pet's Best Friend - Dog "Heat" Cycle Basics

Are they cage trained at all? That would certainly help if you had to go out and leave them alone. Or perhaps just keep them in separate rooms -- although they might eat the door off the hinges trying to get at each other. Or take one with you and leave the other behind.

7. HUGGY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    The female is cage receptive. I'm not sure they make a commercial dog carrier that could hold the male. Probably would need something like a bear trap. Thanks for the info. Talked to the owner this morning. I've just resigned to wait it out and forward my appointments a couple of weeks. The males "whining" is annoyng... but not more so than the Christian Fundamentalist GOPers on this site... :lol:

8. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,070
    huggy for true. real former breeder here. ETA for those that don't know I used to breed catahoulas. what you have is scent that's still going to be palpable for forever.

the bitch alhough the blood flow is gone starts "scent" before and after.

Vicks vapor rub on the male dogs neck. Under the jawline. He won't be able to scent her. :D Trust me.

ETA: can't take credit for the vicks old time setter breeder clued me in on that one way back on acme pets. It dulls the senses.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  9. HUGGY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    Great tip! I'll get some tommorrow! Being an old hunter I should have thought of that. Thanks!

10. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,745
    I owned a medium-sized kennel and raised Beagles for 18 years. I never even put the male in with the bitch in season until the 13th day after I first spotted blood. Always got good breeding and nice litters by waiting until the 13th day. Usually around the 21st day or so she will come out of season and your male should begin to take deep breaths again...