Putting potatoes up your butt won’t cure hemorrhoids, doctors warn

That makes more sense. I didnt catch that when I read the article.
But with ice cubes you dont have to extract them, they just melt.

Either way, it doesn't work. So sayeth the doctors.

From the link...

“Strange as it sounds . . . a poultice made from grated potato is astringent and soothing,” one site advises.

“Insert the frozen potato slice in your anus and leave it inside for 30 seconds,” another site quoted by the outlet read. “Repeat the process for three to five days. The next three to five days leave the slice inside for 30 seconds more each time. The potatoes have astringent properties and help relieve the pain and itchy sensation which usually happens with this condition, while the ice cold potato constricts the blood vessels, reduces the swelling and relieves your pain instantly.”

This isn’t the first time doctors have needed to beg people not to insert food into a non-mouth orifice. Over the summer, some British women needed a reminder that inserting ice pops into the vagina does not help cool off.

I've had roids a few times and they ARE no laughing matter. Luckily Preparation H worked each time. George Carlin once remarked, "Why aren't hemorrhoids called asteroids?"
For me, Prep H works about 60% of the time, when that doesnt work I use Witchazel with it, and together they work 98% of the time.

But more than once I have taken a cup of ice cubes and got relief with them. Dont know why I didnt think of it till I had back surgery.

But frozen potatoes seems an odd choice to me. It cant be the whole damned potato, surely.

frozen......for the inflammation

taters...….cause they're solid enough to get past the sphincter without 'breaking off' or damaged in route.

No, I don't know this for fact, but it would stand to reason

Apparently this a thing people do if they're too embarrassed to go to a doctor.

Anyway...

''Doctors are starting to get very concerned about people who subscribe to a dangerous home remedy touted on numerous websites, which involves inserting a potato into the rectum.

Credible medical professionals are emphasizing that this will not, in fact, help with hemorrhoids (also known as piles).

“There is no medical evidence that putting frozen potatoes inside the anus can help cure piles, so I would urge caution to anyone thinking of doing it,” Dr. Diana Gall tells Wales Online, noting that those suffering from the condition can attempt to treat it at home in a number of ways — but sticking frozen spuds up their butt is not one of them.''

Continued - Putting potatoes up your butt won’t cure hemorrhoids, doctors warn

LOL! and AACK!

Forum List

Back