Putting potatoes up your butt won’t cure hemorrhoids, doctors warn

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Apparently this a thing people do if they're too embarrassed to go to a doctor.

Anyway...

''Doctors are starting to get very concerned about people who subscribe to a dangerous home remedy touted on numerous websites, which involves inserting a potato into the rectum.

Credible medical professionals are emphasizing that this will not, in fact, help with hemorrhoids (also known as piles).

“There is no medical evidence that putting frozen potatoes inside the anus can help cure piles, so I would urge caution to anyone thinking of doing it,” Dr. Diana Gall tells Wales Online, noting that those suffering from the condition can attempt to treat it at home in a number of ways — but sticking frozen spuds up their butt is not one of them.''

Continued - Putting potatoes up your butt won’t cure hemorrhoids, doctors warn

What about a gerbil?

d6dc8b1771b697ff2992982482911274.jpg

Apparently this a thing people do if they're too embarrassed to go to a doctor.

Anyway...

''Doctors are starting to get very concerned about people who subscribe to a dangerous home remedy touted on numerous websites, which involves inserting a potato into the rectum.

Credible medical professionals are emphasizing that this will not, in fact, help with hemorrhoids (also known as piles).

“There is no medical evidence that putting frozen potatoes inside the anus can help cure piles, so I would urge caution to anyone thinking of doing it,” Dr. Diana Gall tells Wales Online, noting that those suffering from the condition can attempt to treat it at home in a number of ways — but sticking frozen spuds up their butt is not one of them.''

Continued - Putting potatoes up your butt won’t cure hemorrhoids, doctors warn

I saw the headline "Doctors advise not putting frozen potatoes up your butt", my first thought was "I can take that advice".

You guys laugh, but I have had hemeroids and an abscess that were so bad I would have done ANYTHING to relieve the pain and burning sensation if it would work.

Preparation H, Witchhazel and ice cubes seemed to have more effect, but I think the ice cubes were the most effective in reducing the enflamation and irritation.

Yopu may return to your regularly scheduled joking now. But for some of us, this is an ongoing struggle, so to speak.

You guys laugh, but I have had hemeroids and an abscess that were so bad I would have done ANYTHING to relieve the pain and burning sensation if it would work.

Preparation H, Witchhazel and ice cubes seemed to have more effect, but I think the ice cubes were the most effective in reducing the enflamation and irritation.

Yopu may return to your regularly scheduled joking now. But for some of us, this is an ongoing struggle, so to speak.

Except, instead of a potato you used a strange man's fist.

Except, instead of a potato you used a strange man's fist.
OUCH!

I've had roids a few times and they ARE no laughing matter. Luckily Preparation H worked each time. George Carlin once remarked, "Why aren't hemorrhoids called asteroids?"

I've had roids a few times and they ARE no laughing matter. Luckily Preparation H worked each time. George Carlin once remarked, "Why aren't hemorrhoids called asteroids?"
For me, Prep H works about 60% of the time, when that doesnt work I use Witchazel with it, and together they work 98% of the time.

But more than once I have taken a cup of ice cubes and got relief with them. Dont know why I didnt think of it till I had back surgery.

But frozen potatoes seems an odd choice to me. It cant be the whole damned potato, surely.

But more than once I have taken a cup of ice cubes and got relief with them. Dont know why I didnt think of it till I had back surgery.

But frozen potatoes seems an odd choice to me. It cant be the whole damned potato, surely.

From some of the links in the article I think it was just frozen potato slivers or something.

Forum List

Back