Putin Backtracks 12 Hours After Saying Prigozhin Would Be Punished

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Less than 12 hours after telling the nation that the organizers of an armed rebellion would face justice, Vladimir Putin appears to have had yet another change of heart.

The flip-flopping president looks set to allow Yevgeny Prigozhin to get away with mounting an insurrection on Russian soil—which reportedly killed up to 39 service members—after the FSB announced that it was dropping all charges against Wagner.

Prigozhin was not named specifically but it was reported that the entire case is now closed.

In his second address to the nation in three days, Putin had pledged Monday night that the leaders of the plot would be punished. “The organizers of this rebellion... [will] be brought to justice,” he said.

Didn't people use to call Putin a strong man? First he abandons Moscow at the first sign of danger and now he walks all over himself trying to sound strong but afraid to take strong action against Prigozhin. How can such a coward an weakling lead Russia in wartime?

—which reportedly killed up to 39 service members—after the FSB announced that it was dropping all charges against Wagner.

There seems to be some confusion over what Putin said. Wagner is not Prigozhin and Wagner isn't the Wagner troops that committed murder.

We're going to have to find the answers in finding a source that is free from propaganda of both sides.

I highly recommend not limiting oneself to one side's propaganda alone. An ability to reason carefully is necessary. I try to set the example.

There seems to be some confusion over what Putin said. Wagner is not Prigozhin and Wagner isn't the Wagner troops that committed murder.

We're going to have to find the answers in finding a source that is free from propaganda of both sides.

I highly recommend not limiting oneself to one side's propaganda alone. An ability to reason carefully is necessary. I try to set the example.
And you do try to look at all sides before always choosing only those "facts" that support Putin.

And you do try to look at all sides before always choosing only those "facts" that support Putin.
Yes, I do.
I don't think your complaint on what I believe is that I always believe Putin. My comments on which you reacted didnt indicate that I was supporting Putin.

Those comments I made didn't express support for America's propaganda, as I've consistently not done.

If you want an opinion from me then just ask. There are some questions that I feel confident in answering. Your random accusations don't meet any requirements for answers.

What did Putin say?

Or for that matter, what did your DOJ say about Trump's coup attempt?

Yes, I do.
I don't think your complaint on what I believe is that I always believe Putin. My comments on which you reacted didnt indicate that I was supporting Putin.

Those comments I made didn't express support for America's propaganda, as I've consistently not done.

If you want an opinion from me then just ask. There are some questions that I feel confident in answering. Your random accusations don't meet any requirements for answers.

What did Putin say?

Or for that matter, what did your DOJ say about Trump's coup attempt?
No one asks for your opinion because everyone knows your only purpose here is to support Russia regardless of the facts. That being the case, there is never any possibiility of an honest discussion or debate with you.

No one asks for your opinion because everyone knows your only purpose here is to support Russia regardless of the facts. That being the case, there is never any possibiility of an honest discussion or debate with you.
You have started early today Toomuchbooze with your wild conspiracy nonsense. You can waffle endlessly but the simple facts are that the famed counter offensive is a complete wash out so far and that Russia gave Dear Uncle full support . More interesting to me is whether you and Titty Winkle are related .

I can't debate your childish personal attacks.

Less than 12 hours after telling the nation that the organizers of an armed rebellion would face justice, Vladimir Putin appears to have had yet another change of heart.

The flip-flopping president looks set to allow Yevgeny Prigozhin to get away with mounting an insurrection on Russian soil—which reportedly killed up to 39 service members—after the FSB announced that it was dropping all charges against Wagner.

Prigozhin was not named specifically but it was reported that the entire case is now closed.

In his second address to the nation in three days, Putin had pledged Monday night that the leaders of the plot would be punished. “The organizers of this rebellion... [will] be brought to justice,” he said.

Didn't people use to call Putin a strong man? First he abandons Moscow at the first sign of danger and now he walks all over himself trying to sound strong but afraid to take strong action against Prigozhin. How can such a coward an weakling lead Russia in wartime?
We have a weakling named Joe Biden.

This was totally weird. Guy backs down after advancing . Putin makes a deal. Well I got to say someone is taking bet on who gets shot first or thrown in jail. Unless they shake hands and make up. No I was wrong, HET

Putin - well it will depend on if his power remains in tact and not weakened to much. This was a test of his hold on power and so far he has survived it. Truthful news is probably not going to happen.

Prigozhin - well this could go either way. He will either inspire or let this be a warning.

If they both survive then Putin has won so far but the seeds have been planted. Unless Prigozhin admits that he was wrong. Photo op with the handshake would say all is forgiven. Just watch your back.

Forum List

Back