Put Up, or Shut Up; What are Republicans offering the Middle class? Be Specific

It wasn't the question that made you look stupid. It was your answer, stating that investors can't figure out profit. This in the context of your prior statements regarding profit and taxes, and this new question you figured.

If you were an investor you'd know that gross profit, operating profit, net profit, as well as taxes paid all figure into investment decisions. My 'investors can't figure out profit' was simply sarcasm.

Effective tax is computed differently because they're trying to scam you into believing that businesses pay to much in taxes, which they don't, and neither do the rich.

The people who pay to much in taxes are the upper middle class income folks. This to make up for the taxes that the others are not paying. The system is designed to stop people from moving up the income ladder by progressively screwing them over while simultaneously rewarding people who work less and people who decide to move their assets and investments offshore.

Effective tax is simply a measure after deductions. Your assumptions, that you have stated over time, that cost of goods and services should not be deducted from gross receipts continues to make your ideas about taxes sound ludicrous.

Corporate tax is a tax on profit.
Sale tax is a tax on gross receipts.
Personal income tax is a tax on labor.
Capital gains tax is a tax in investment income.
Comparing the four types of taxes with one phrase "effective tax" is ridiculously stupid.

What you may be thinking, fill in, is that we should have some sort of way to get money from people based on how much they have. Sort of like a death tax that takes half your stuff when you die, only this would be taking a tithe at the end of the year of what ever you have in tangible assets.

Sales tax?

All are income. If you're comparing apples, you have to have apples.

If you were an investor you'd know that gross profit, operating profit, net profit, as well as taxes paid all figure into investment decisions. My 'investors can't figure out profit' was simply sarcasm.

Effective tax is computed differently because they're trying to scam you into believing that businesses pay to much in taxes, which they don't, and neither do the rich.

The people who pay to much in taxes are the upper middle class income folks. This to make up for the taxes that the others are not paying. The system is designed to stop people from moving up the income ladder by progressively screwing them over while simultaneously rewarding people who work less and people who decide to move their assets and investments offshore.

Effective tax is simply a measure after deductions. Your assumptions, that you have stated over time, that cost of goods and services should not be deducted from gross receipts continues to make your ideas about taxes sound ludicrous.

Comparing the four types of taxes with one phrase "effective tax" is ridiculously stupid.

What you may be thinking, fill in, is that we should have some sort of way to get money from people based on how much they have. Sort of like a death tax that takes half your stuff when you die, only this would be taking a tithe at the end of the year of what ever you have in tangible assets.

A company is able to deduct the costs of doing business but a worker (usually) isn't? How is that fair?

It's not "fair" to charge tax on labor, period. Taxes on labor are not the same as taxes on investments WTF are you talking about? Why are you continuing to mix taxes and insist on fairness for different types of taxes WTF?

If you have any tax liability you pay taxes or use deduction or loopholes to reduce those taxes.

If you move up the ladder you become smarter in tax savings. For instance, if you make $100K or more, you file as a contract employee which greatly decreases your tax liability through greater deductibles.

Yes that is a trick you can use to avoid personal income tax. However, that assumes the person you are working for is willing to pay you 1099. I earned hundreds of thousands a year for decades working for companies who did not want me to be a contract employee. In short, I got royally screwed over by our taxing system. Yes I could have worked for myself. And did for quite a few years. But that does not excuse the screwing over the upper middle class income folks are getting. Why are they getting screwed? Easy, they are not represented in congress. Congress represents the super rich who fund their campaigns, and the 90% that vote for them.

You don't have to have a 10-99 because your employer pays the employers side of employer taxes.

You did get screwed, but not by your employer, but whomever did your taxes.
I got screwed because most people are idiots like you who insist on screwing overachievers like me.

Sales tax?

How is sales tax personal income? WTF is wrong with your brain?

Yes, you have to compare apples to apples Duh! Can I quote you on that? Why can't you separate different types of income? Why do you have to mix all the different types of income as one type? WTF is wrong with having income of these various types? Why should the super rich who don't even need income get away with only paying state based sales and property taxes? While we punish everyone who dares to achieve income through labor and investments?

Last edited:

A company is able to deduct the costs of doing business but a worker (usually) isn't? How is that fair?

It's not "fair" to charge tax on labor, period. Taxes on labor are not the same as taxes on investments WTF are you talking about? Why are you continuing to mix taxes and insist on fairness for different types of taxes WTF?

Doesn't going to work have costs? ie; business attire and transportation. A typical employee can't deduct this, but contract employee can.

Yes that is a trick you can use to avoid personal income tax. However, that assumes the person you are working for is willing to pay you 1099. I earned hundreds of thousands a year for decades working for companies who did not want me to be a contract employee. In short, I got royally screwed over by our taxing system. Yes I could have worked for myself. And did for quite a few years. But that does not excuse the screwing over the upper middle class income folks are getting. Why are they getting screwed? Easy, they are not represented in congress. Congress represents the super rich who fund their campaigns, and the 90% that vote for them.

You don't have to have a 10-99 because your employer pays the employers side of employer taxes.

I got screwed because most people are idiots like you who insist on screwing overachievers like me.

It's called personal responsibility. You should practice what you preach!

Sales tax?

Yes, you have to compare apples to apples Duh! Can I quote you on that? Why can't you separate different types of income? Why do you have to mix all the different types of income as one type? WTF is wrong with having income of these various types? Why should the super rich who don't even need income get away with only paying state based sales and property taxes? While we punish everyone who dares to achieve income through labor and investments?

You are the one that lumped sale tax, not me. I simply asked a question.

Why are workers screwed and the rich prosper? Ask your Republican representative. They wrote the rules.

Sales tax?

You are the one that lumped sale tax, not me. I simply asked a question.

Why are workers screwed and the rich prosper? Ask your Republican representative. They wrote the rules.

You don't pay sales tax only if you live in a state that does not collect it. Most states do.

You're a retard who thinks republicans write all the rules. Epic fail, yet again.

It's called personal responsibility. You should practice what you preach!

Getting screwed by ass holes like you is my personal responsibility? You are one messed up POS.

The powers that be closed my thread because I posted a question that was too hard to answer.

So here it is again;

What are Republicans offering the Middle class? Be Specific

So what is it the middle class is supposed to get?

What are you expecting?

Doesn't going to work have costs? ie; business attire and transportation. A typical employee can't deduct this, but contract employee can.

Yes, but then the contract employee has to pay extra SS taxes and has to buy his own insurance, etc... There are pros and cons I contracted for six years, this back when I was also starting my own company.

Last edited:

If you have any tax liability you pay taxes or use deduction or loopholes to reduce those taxes.

If you move up the ladder you become smarter in tax savings. For instance, if you make $100K or more, you file as a contract employee which greatly decreases your tax liability through greater deductibles.

I'm sorry, what exactly is your point on taxes? Tell me who you think actually pays taxes?

What "worker costs" should the typical worker get to deduct?

Good question. As a software developer, if I invest in a diet of expensive "brain food", should I be able to deduct the cost?

These kinds of subjective calls are what make income tax problematic, and an easy target for abuse. It should simply be ended.

What "worker costs" should the typical worker get to deduct?

I think he should tells us what tax they pay.

Good question. As a software developer, if I invest in a diet of expensive "brain food", should I be able to deduct the cost?

These kinds of subjective calls are what make income tax problematic, and an easy target for abuse. It should simply be ended.

A direct tax on labor is immoral.

A direct tax on labor is immoral.

Indirect taxes on labor are also immoral. I prefer sales taxes for national and state taxes, with an exemption on basic necessities, IOW don't tax food products, home sales, or medical necessity based health care, do tax consumer products. Real-estate taxes are good to cover local government needs.

Forum List

Back