Pure in heart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
The scriptures talk about the pure in heart. But what does that mean? What does it mean to be pure in heart? Can people realistically have a pure heart this day and age? If we dont have a pure heart, can we purify our hearts somehow?

Discuss.

The scriptures talk about the pure in heart. But what does that mean? What does it mean to be pure in heart? Can people realistically have a pure heart this day and age? If we dont have a pure heart, can we purify our hearts somehow?

Discuss.

The goal is subjective - it depends on your view of the world. I believe my heart is pure, but a list of folks on this board that see my heart as somewhere between tainted and spoiled would not take much research to compile.

Fuck 'em.

I am at peace with my place in the world and the concept that I have of 'God'. That is all that is required for a pure heart.

Hearts are overrated. The brain is where it's at.

My freind, despite doing my best to pickle my brain I would agree.

But then I think about when I followed my heart and I have never regretted it, not even when it did not turn out the way the heart hoped.

The heart hopes, and that is a wonderous thing.

Discuss.

I'm guessing that being pure of heart is being committed to doing the right thing, the good and righteous thing.

If life is the pull of good and evil on ones soul then one could recommit to changing their path to the good but a cleansing of the past seems like a delusion.

Forum List

Back