Punkass Trolls

You know better.

Is the open registration policy the one where all new member's posts are moderated prior to posting to the main board?

You mean they're checked to make sure they aren't automated trolls? Yeah, that one.

I think we're talking about the same thing, yeah. I just know it from the user side of things. Previous boards I've been on have put my posts in limbo until someone in authority sees them and approves of them.

What's the downside of instituting that temporarily?

Open registration is fine.
One trick that works pretty well is that new members cannot create threads until they have made a minimum of 100 posts in existing threads.

Is the open registration policy the one where all new member's posts are moderated prior to posting to the main board?

You mean they're checked to make sure they aren't automated trolls? Yeah, that one.

I think we're talking about the same thing, yeah. I just know it from the user side of things. Previous boards I've been on have put my posts in limbo until someone in authority sees them and approves of them.

Doesn't happen here.

One trick that works pretty well is that new members cannot create threads until they have made a minimum of 100 posts in existing threads.

Except the script trolls were doing it in existing threads and not starting new ones.

I can handle the annoying Emma trolls. They just post words on a screen. Harmless if annoying. The script trolls though... :dunno: I'm not enough of a computer geek to know if what they are trying to do is malicious or basically just harmlessly annoying. But they worry me a bit more than the purely annoying Emma-types.

Doesn't happen here.

Good.

I hate that shit.

you mean they're checked to make sure they aren't automated trolls? Yeah, that one.

i think we're talking about the same thing, yeah. I just know it from the user side of things. Previous boards i've been on have put my posts in limbo until someone in authority sees them and approves of them.

doesn't happen here.

ok.

Doesn't happen here.

:clap2: We don't need no Democrat approach to the forum!

It takes a lot of mod time to go over all of that stuff. Good trolls know to behave themselves until they are let out of their caves.

Most would leave if that kind of restrictions are put on them.

Except the script trolls were doing it in existing threads and not starting new ones.

I can handle the annoying Emma trolls. They just post words on a screen. Harmless if annoying. The script trolls though... :dunno: I'm not enough of a computer geek to know if what they are trying to do is malicious or basically just harmlessly annoying. But they worry me a bit more than the purely annoying Emma-types.

I told you :lol:

There is a different word for them: Hacker.

It is annoying.
Especially the storm-front types. These idiots occasionally try to setup camp, but they are easy to see and aren't all that bright.
We had an infiltration of pro-Palestinians on another board - that was a little rough. It took a good 2-3 months to get rid of them.

I told you :lol:

There is a different word for them: Hacker.

I classify them as wannabe hackers.

Hackers don't need to create an account and post something in a thread. They attack from another direction.

Forum List

Back