Punkass Trolls

Except the script trolls were doing it in existing threads and not starting new ones.

I can handle the annoying Emma trolls. They just post words on a screen. Harmless if annoying. The script trolls though... :dunno: I'm not enough of a computer geek to know if what they are trying to do is malicious or basically just harmlessly annoying. But they worry me a bit more than the purely annoying Emma-types.

I told you :lol:

There is a different word for them: Hacker.

I classify them as wannabe hackers.

Hackers don't need to create an account and post something in a thread. They attack from another direction.

For all the good that does them here .....:eusa_whistle:

Except the script trolls were doing it in existing threads and not starting new ones.

I can handle the annoying Emma trolls. They just post words on a screen. Harmless if annoying. The script trolls though... :dunno: I'm not enough of a computer geek to know if what they are trying to do is malicious or basically just harmlessly annoying. But they worry me a bit more than the purely annoying Emma-types.

Hackers don't need to create an account and post something in a thread. They attack from another direction.

If they are inserting code...they are hackers.

ahmod is making a thread in the flame zone! hahahha

i cant wait to see what it has to say!

You mean they're checked to make sure they aren't automated trolls? Yeah, that one.

I think we're talking about the same thing, yeah. I just know it from the user side of things. Previous boards I've been on have put my posts in limbo until someone in authority sees them and approves of them.

What's the downside of instituting that temporarily?

Doesn't happen here.

I'm not talking about Mod approval of every post ... just new accounts. Not much of a downside instituting that ...

I know.

I don't know the terminology here, but I know real hackers go behind the scenes and attack the code? Is that right? A real hacker wouldn't have to go through the trouble of signing up to become a user.

These guys are just two steps above spammers. It looks like some of their scripts are just designed to have a pop-up come on whenever you view the thread. Not too sure though, just guesstimating here...I know that one was able to get it to work with a pop-up that simply said "aaa". Came up like a notification for a new PM, except it said "aaa" and nothing else.

All the other scripts seem to be failures.

I think we're talking about the same thing, yeah. I just know it from the user side of things. Previous boards I've been on have put my posts in limbo until someone in authority sees them and approves of them.

Doesn't happen here.

:clap2: We don't need no Democrat approach to the forum!

The board is active enough to be perfectly self regulating...They do a fine job of it here.

I have to say I have been impressed at how clean the board is of spam bots and tag-team trollers.
As busy as this forum is, it really is impressive at the speed at which these clowns disappear.

I know.

I don't know the terminology here, but I know real hackers go behind the scenes and attack the code? Is that right? A real hacker wouldn't have to go through the trouble of signing up to become a user.

These guys are just two steps above spammers. It looks like some of their scripts are just designed to have a pop-up come on whenever you view the thread. Not too sure though, just guesstimating here...I know that one was able to get it to work with a pop-up that simply said "aaa". Came up like a notification for a new PM, except it said "aaa" and nothing else.

Wait till someone manages to get root access.
It happens.

I know.

For someone to come in and change how the forum works by inserting code...is hacking.

You clicked on the thread and the first thing it did was redirect you....that is hacking.

I know.

For someone to come in and change how the forum works by inserting code...is hacking.

You clicked on the thread and the first thing it did was redirect you....that is hacking.

It didn't redirect me.

Just gave me a new PM-type of pop-up. He did that by posting something into the thread.

I know.

It happens.

I dunno how all that part works.

I'm an end user, not a creator. :dunno:

I like to think I'm pretty good and figuring things out from the user end, but thats all.

Doesn't happen here.

I'm not talking about Mod approval of every post ... just new accounts. Not much of a downside instituting that ...

15 posts before you can post links. That's about it. The people who suck fuck it up for those that don't.

I know.

It happens.

I like to think I'm pretty good and figuring things out from the user end, but thats all.

Actually, since you own the interwebz, it's your responsibility to provide a trouble free environment. Get your ass in gear and get your interwebz fixed, otherwise, we take the leash off Gunny.

It happens.

Actually, since you own the interwebz, it's your responsibility to provide a trouble free environment. Get your ass in gear and get your interwebz fixed, otherwise, we take the leash off Gunny.

I own them, but I take no responsibility for the asshats who use it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back