Pull The US Out Of The UN Right Now!

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
in protest of Kofi Annan's corruption, the inaction of the security council on the genocide in Darfur, the oil for food scandal, and many, many other crimes committed by the UN against the better interests of not only the US, but the world community as a whole. it does not do the world any good to coddle nuclear armed dictators (N. Korea), coddle the no.1 terrorist state in the world with nuclear ambitions (Iran) and coddle a genocidal regime (Sudan).

get us the hell out. i never, ever, ever thought I would say this. I was in the Model UN in high school and college. I believed in the good the UN could do despite what I learned late in high school about the UN's shameful role in Bosnia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Iraq and now (4 years later) Darfur. I read William Shawcross's "Deliever Us From Evil", a searing look at the UN's mistakes and the impossible situations the EU, Clinton, Russia and China put us and other peacekeeping nations in. I tried to ignore it, I can't do it anymore.

Kofi Annan should be deported, as well as the rest of them. They make me sick, they're evil, corrupt men and women, and they're allowing the worst regimes in this world a free hand to do what they must do. Call me a flip flopper, but screw it, I'm a lifelong GWB foreign policy fan now. He had it right from the beginning and I was totally blinded by idealism and willful ignorance. I believed and trusted the wrong people. They're full of lies and deception and they're now allowing a genocide to go unhindered.

Goddamn I was stupid for too long.

A good start would be to stop giving them money----they have shown that they are unable to touch it without taking some for themselves.

dilloduck said:
A good start would be to stop giving them money----they have shown that they are unable to touch it without taking some for themselves.

yes we should deny their funds today, I'm writing my two senators right now about that.

NATO AIR said:
yes we should deny their funds today, I'm writing my two senators right now about that.

It could be like imposing sanctions on them until all the oil-for-food crooks are in prison and money is returned to the people they stole it from. Where are the results of that investigation ? And speaking of investigations , WHAT ABOUT CBS!

NATO AIR said:
in protest of Kofi Annan's corruption, the inaction of the security council on the genocide in Darfur, the oil for food scandal, and many, many other crimes committed by the UN against the better interests of not only the US, but the world community as a whole. it does not do the world any good to coddle nuclear armed dictators (N. Korea), coddle the no.1 terrorist state in the world with nuclear ambitions (Iran) and coddle a genocidal regime (Sudan).

get us the hell out. i never, ever, ever thought I would say this. I was in the Model UN in high school and college. I believed in the good the UN could do despite what I learned late in high school about the UN's shameful role in Bosnia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Iraq and now (4 years later) Darfur. I read William Shawcross's "Deliever Us From Evil", a searing look at the UN's mistakes and the impossible situations the EU, Clinton, Russia and China put us and other peacekeeping nations in. I tried to ignore it, I can't do it anymore.

Kofi Annan should be deported, as well as the rest of them. They make me sick, they're evil, corrupt men and women, and they're allowing the worst regimes in this world a free hand to do what they must do. Call me a flip flopper, but screw it, I'm a lifelong GWB foreign policy fan now. He had it right from the beginning and I was totally blinded by idealism and willful ignorance. I believed and trusted the wrong people. They're full of lies and deception and they're now allowing a genocide to go unhindered.

Goddamn I was stupid for too long.

Easy there old pal. High school playtime is one thing....no one was running billions of dollars under your nose at the time. As for the UN, I say lets evacuate (substitute 'deport' if you like) the building's current occupants and turn the whole thing into housing for those 1 in 6 kids suffering from mercury poisoning, add in a wing or two for spotted owls and snail darters, and leave some space for the homeless.

CSM said:
Easy there old pal. High school playtime is one thing....no one was running billions of dollars under your nose at the time. As for the UN, I say lets evacuate (substitute 'deport' if you like) the building's current occupants and turn the whole thing into housing for those 1 in 6 kids suffering from mercury poisoning, add in a wing or two for spotted owls and snail darters, and leave some space for the homeless.

wouldn't be a bad idea.

NATO AIR said:
I was stupid for too long.

Nah. The UN's purpose is worthwhile in theory. It is the practical application that has failed. I too supported the UN. If you look back to its early days, you find a different organization. The UN played a positive role in Korea. The UN provided the framework for the distribution of a massive aid program during the 50's and 60's.

But sometime during the late 60's things started going sour. African nations who were the recipients of aid started to demand that there be "no strings" attached to the money and other aid they received. That's when the UN and the US stupidly went along with their demands. That's when greed and corruption set in. That's when the UN started to deteriorate into what we find today.

The League of Nations was a flop. The UN has turned into a disaster. The sooner we excise this cancer from our nation, the better.

Forum List

Back