PSA about board members affected directly by the hurricanes

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
If you are put out of your home and have no family or friends inland to turn to I would like to open my home to you but I have a few conditions.

1. We have to be on good terms relatively speaking. Political leanings are irrelevant as is race or any of the other bullshit we squabble over on here.

2. My home is not big by any stretch but I have 4 bedrooms and a basement with a two car garage. My two girls and grandson currently live here but Jace is small enough to stay in his mother's room freeing up one room. My room could also be available since I've severely injured my back I have been told to sleep on the floor rather than my SUPER COMFY bed for stability while I heal. It would be crowded but it is a safe environment.

3. No longer than 30 days. No payment of any kind required.

4. No political discourse if we have opposing views.

5. PROOF your home is truly affected. Maybe a Skype to meet as close to in person as is possible under the circumstances?

6. No weapons of any kind on my property, I respect your rights, respect my home. (I have no guns or other manner of weapons but my oldest daughter does. They are kept in a safe in the basement)

7. I can feed if necessary for a few days but hope that you're not indigent. If you are I likely can't help you anyways because I am not offering transportation to get here.

8. I will guarantee that your life is your business and i will not share any personal info with anyone about you that you have not already shared. I expect the same in return. There are a couple people here on the left that know me and have shared things in confidence that I have never repeated. I am an asshole on this site but that is not who I am when it comes to people's hurts, wants & needs. As a youth going through the system there were people that reached out to me that I ignored at the time. I now know the true value of their effort.

Subsequently if you're a homeowner trying to rebuild I have a contact with a national chain that I have bought from for 20+ years that I can get you wholesale pricing on for ANY natural stone needs. Floorcovering, wall stone, stone vessels & tubs etc.
Unfortunately everything else I buy is from local businesses to help keep our local businesses thriving.

You can PM me if you feel inclined.

Good luck to ALL AFFECTED

Last edited:
If you are put out of your home and have no family or friends inland to turn to I would like to open my home to you but I have a few conditions.

1. We have to be on good terms relatively speaking. Political leanings are irrelevant as is race or any of the other bullshit we squabble over on here.

2. My home is not big by any stretch but I have 4 bedrooms and a basement with a two car garage. My two girls and grandson currently live here but Jace is small enough to stay in his mother's room freeing up one room. My room could also be available since I've severely injured my back I have been told to sleep on the floor rather than my SUPER COMFY bed for stability while I heal. It would be crowded but it is a safe environment.

3. No longer than 30 days. No payment of any kind required.

4. No political discourse if we have opposing views.

5. PROOF your home is truly affected. Maybe a Skype to meet as close to in person as is possible under the circumstances?

6. No weapons of any kind on my property, I respect your rights, respect my home. (I have no guns or other manner of weapons but my oldest daughter does. They are kept in a safe in the basement)

7. I can feed if necessary for a few days but hope that you're not indigent. If you are I likely can't help you anyways because I am not offering transportation to get here.

8. I will guarantee that your life is your business and i will not share any personal info with anyone about you that you have not already shared. I expect the same in return. There are a couple people here on the left that know me and have shared things in confidence that I have never repeated. I am an asshole on this site but that is not who I am when it comes to people's hurts, wants & needs. As a youth going through the system there were people that reached out to me that I ignored at the time. I now know the true value of their effort.

Subsequently if you're a homeowner trying to rebuild I have a contact with a national chain that I have bought from for 20+ years that I can get you wholesale pricing on for ANY natural stone needs. Floorcovering, wall stone, stone vessels & tubs etc.
Unfortunately everything else I buy is from local businesses to help keep our local businesses thriving.

You can PM me if you feel inclined.

Good luck to ALL AFFECTED
ba9754a10d45375b360f4b1ea2e8918b.jpg

Forum List

Back