(Proto)Typical White Denial: Reflections on Racism and Uncomfortable Realities

A few comments.

I’m appalled at the language used in some of these threads.

Some people on here should have their mouth washed out with soap.

The use of cussing and name calling on here doesn’t impress me at all and doesn’t lead me to respect the opinions of people that will stoop to this level.

Why can’t you people have a discussion without this kind of behavior?

I’m new to this forum but I read in the USMB Rules & Regulations -
Language Guidelines:
Foul language (profanity) used in USmessageboard.com will be loosely tolerated and at the moderators discretion. Derogatory statements directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are permitted with the stipulation that you generally look like a fool when resorting to these tactics within a serious conversation on real issues. If you're comfortable playing the fool, feel free to do so.

The only way the retarded so-called opposition can provide any reply is to severely distort The Bass position and argue against claims that he never made, all in a futile effort to deny the reality that racism and discrimination exists.

Anyone that would deny the reality that racism and discrimination exists is living in a fantasy world.

Mr Bass

It seems to me that some people are wanting different races to be inferior to themselves so they can be superior in their own mind while others are looking for excuses for their own failures. I find that most people are in the middle somewhere, which can maybe be improved by open discussion. Some people will not change their view and trying to change their view is a waste of time. I believe that if everyone would try to treat others as they would want to be treated the world would be a better place.

In my view it would be a harder path to be black in this society than white but that the black people of the USA are still making advancements in this society with the support of a lot of the white people. Is this country perfect? NO. Do we give up our strive to improve our nation? NO. As a white person I can tell you I’ve been a victim of negative discrimination (violence) by some black people. Did I assume that this treatment was to be used to judge all black people? NO. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing some very fine black people also. I’ve had black people believe they were being discriminated by me when they weren’t. It appears to me that some black people are worried to much about being discriminated against and incorrectly see discrimination where it doesn’t exist. Since I’m not black I can’t truly see this from a black persons view point but would be interested in how much negative discrimination black people perceive exists? Is negative discrimination something that black people in general see every day? A lot of good white people don’t have hardly any contact with black people and so don’t probably really relate to the back peoples plight. I assume you are black and would be interested in your view of this.

Last edited:
This thread has taught Mr. Bass that some whites are obsessed with how they look and appear[they want to be always looked at as good and blameless] that they will ignore and deny that racism and discrimination exists to the point of looking mentally ill rather than focusing on and addressing the problem. In addition they will make other people look like the bad ones and make themselves look like the victims, this is hilarious.

This thread has taught Mr. Bass that some whites are obsessed with how they look and appear[they want to be always looked at as good and blameless] that they will ignore and deny that racism and discrimination exists to the point of looking mentally ill rather than focusing on and addressing the problem. In addition they will make other people look like the bad ones and make themselves look like the victims, this is hilarious.

It took you til this thread to realize that?

Where the hell have you been?

It took you til this thread to realize that?

Where the hell have you been?

Outside of this board this has been Mr. Bass' observation, perhaps this board surprised Mr Bas somewhat. The strength of the denial in funny not shocking to say the least.

Outside of this board this has been Mr. Bass' observation, perhaps this board surprised Mr Bas somewhat. The strength of the denial in funny not shocking to say the least.

This board is not, one hopes, really representative of the Whites generally, let's face it.

This place is rife with White racists.

This board is not, one hopes, really representative of the Whites generally, let's face it.

This place is rife with White racists.

Thats true and some people here who have posted under a cover a of being progressive liberals have exposed themselves as white racists, such as Shogun for example. Those are the worst kinds of racists because they use deception.

You are a devilish cracker liberal retarded gay swamp coon from some trailer in Indiana.

Is that the best you can come up with, ghetto wonder? Maybe you should put some QT into reading a text book instead of the Grape Flavor-aid package.

The only way the retarded so-called opposition can provide any reply is to severely distort The Bass position and argue against claims that he never made, all in a futile effort to deny the reality that racism and discrimination exists.

oh I know... I know... YOU ARE INNOCENT AND ARE PICKED ON BY THE EVIL WHITE MAN!

:lol:

I guess, much like foodstamps, why change your tune if it works to avoid personal criticism, eh?

HAHAHA!

now THATS not ironic as fuck!

:lol:

:clap2:

Thats true and some people here who have posted under a cover a of being progressive liberals have exposed themselves as white racists, such as Shogun for example. Those are the worst kinds of racists because they use deception.

Im not a racist at all. Indeed, find a single post of mine that suggests the necessity for inequality. However, I'm not above suing your own tactic against you while you sit there and cry like a bitch about white people and then act like YOUR generalizations are ok while everyone else's is not. You, sir, are a hypocritical pussy without a logical backbone to speak of. I'm not deceptive at all with my brazen use of vocabulary like ****** because it makes you face the ugliness of your own behaviour to a point where your only rebuttal is to, IRONICALLY, cry racist. It doesn't shock me that a guy with a prison education didn't put that together.

Im not a racist at all. Indeed, find a single post of mine that suggests the necessity for inequality. However, I'm not above suing your own tactic against you while you sit there and cry like a bitch about white people and then act like YOUR generalizations are ok while everyone else's is not. You, sir, are a hypocritical pussy without a logical backbone to speak of. I'm not deceptive at all with my brazen use of vocabulary like ****** because it makes you face the ugliness of your own behaviour to a point where your only rebuttal is to, IRONICALLY, cry racist. It doesn't shock me that a guy with a prison education didn't put that together.

You are a racist, a latent homosexual and a wannabe progressive white fake liberal who believe black people should be loving whites despite the history and what goes on now. You don't have to try and convince anybody of anything you exposed yourself cuntwipe, now piss off.

You are a racist, a latent homosexual and a wannabe progressive white fake liberal who believe black people should be loving whites despite the history and what goes on now. You don't have to try and convince anybody of anything you exposed yourself cuntwipe, now piss off.

Im not interested in your felony minded, grape flaror-aid opinion, dude. You've proven time and again what kind of joke you are to your ethnic heritage. I've never suggested you love any whites. Quote me suggesting as much. What I've stated is that we give credit where credit is due: the US was a Caucasian creation. Deal with it. Blacks created jazz and crack cocaine. fine. Congrats. But the FACT remains that the white people you are quick to talk shit on and generalize did more for you than your silly fucking malcom x wannabe routine on this forum.

so fuck you, jigaboo. turnabout is fair play as long as you insist on being a racist little negro with a boohoo attitude.

Some of my favorite quotes taken out of context but all from this thread -

a fucking thug, you sissified, punkdafied, devilish cracker liberal, Uncle Toms and mentally ill republican conservatives, ghetto scholar, You stupid wigger troll, sissified jackass, broke ass, ******, gangland thug wannabe, droop pant, criminals in training, mentally ill, pimp-smacked, whipped out jack crap, retarded logic, wigger wannabe, shit, turd, fake white liberal piece of trash, super retarded, whipped, punked and owned you sissified cracker, bump penises, crap real fast, Smacked up, mentally ill, punked white boy, sweet booty affections and obsessions, racist retard, devilish cracker liberal retarded gay swamp coon, ghetto scholar, fucking, white ******, Wigger, trollish, punkish, sissyish talk, ignorant prisoner in training, ghetto wonder, cry like a bitch, pussy, latent homosexual, cuntwipe, piss off, talk shit on, silly fucking, fuck you, jigaboo, racist little negro

Now I know how to respond in terms familiar to those that post here. Thanks a lot.
Seems these discussions will really bring us together!!!

Last edited:
(Proto)Typical White Denial: Reflections on Racism and Uncomfortable Realities | The LA Progressive

by Tim Wise –

Not long ago, after I had written an article in which I discussed white denial–the tendency for most white folks to reject the notion that racism is still a significant obstacle for people of color in the U.S.–I received an e-mail from a white man who insisted that my argument was itself racist.

His reason? According to his message, simply by stating that most white folks remain in denial about the extent of racism and discrimination against people of color, I had engaged in anti-white bigotry, since I had made a generalization about a racial group: in this case, the one that both he and I share.

He went on to offer an analogy that he felt proved my argument to be racist. “What if I were to write an article where I said ‘most black people are criminals’?” he asked. “Wouldn’t that be racist against blacks?” In other words, he argued, to make any comments about racial groups is inherently racist, and so my saying that most whites were in denial was every bit as bad as saying that most blacks are criminals.

Of course, and as I explained to him at the time, such an argument makes no sense at all. The reason it is racist to say that “most blacks are criminals,” is because such a position is based on racial stereotypes rather than factual information: it casts aspersions upon an entire group of people, based not on truth, but on the basis of ignorant prejudice. Most blacks are not criminals; indeed, the vast majority are not. There are about 28 million African Americans over the age of 12 in the U.S. (and thus eligible for inclusion in crime data), and only a small number of these (fewer than five percent) will commit a crime in a given year.

So while it would not be racist to note that black folks have a higher official crime rate than whites–this is a fact borne out by evidence, and which doesn’t necessarily cast a characterological judgment upon those it mentions–saying that most blacks are criminals is simply a lie, and to the extent it casts aspersions upon a racial group that can lead to their continued stereotyping, a racist lie at that.

To say that “most white folks are in denial” is not racist, because such a belief is not based on stereotypes about whites; rather, the claim is supported by what white folks actually say when asked if we believe racism to be a significant problem: the vast majority, in poll after poll answer that it is not, irrespective of the evidence to the contrary. And we have long believed that, so even in the early 1960s, at a time when in retrospect all would agree the nation was profoundly unequal in its treatment of people of color, whites told pollsters in overwhelming numbers (anywhere from sixty-five to nearly ninety percent) that blacks had equal opportunities in employment and education. White denial has been a hallmark of the nation’s racial history. Saying that is not racist, it is an incontrovertible fact.

How many times are you going to post this same racist BS with a different title, Charles?

It isn't denial for any white currently living to say they have never owned slaves and won't be held responsible for an institution that was outlawed while our great-great-great grandparents or older were living and we aren't taking the rap for it.

It's called reality and fact. You and 52nd Street are just looking for a gimmee, and don't give a damn who you screw to get it.

You are a commissioned officer in the US Air Force Reserve, are you not? That's more opportunity than MY white ass ever had so quit your damned crying.

You do have a point.

While I find I often agree with Sho on issues of economics, indeed even in issues surrounding foreign and social policy, his casual use of racist (and sexist) epithets is somewhat shocking and frankly, insulting to all of us.

Sup wid dat, Sho?

You seem very capable of making your point without resorting to these personal attacks on people.

Why undermine your credibility (not theirs) responding to people like you're a racist asshole?

You do have a point.

While I find I often agree with Sho on issues of economics, indeed even in issues surrounding foreign and social policy, his casual use of racist (and sexist) epithets is somewhat shocking and frankly, insulting to all of us.

Sup wid dat, Sho?

You seem very capable of making your point without resorting to these personal attacks on people.

Why undermine your credibility (not theirs) responding to people like you're a racist asshole?

because you are not listening. Carbon copy lefties are quick to swoon like dogma junkies under a hallucination at the slightest whim of what they've accepted as understandable racism from racist minorities while acting like scandalized bitches if the exact same comes from a white dude. If racism is racism and racism is bad then you shouldn't have a problem identifying and pouncing on a negro behaving in the same fashion that would illicit your question. Instead, predictably, you act like im the only one who has perpetuated hateful vocabulary despite even gay forum posters validating the point of reminding this little afrocentric bastard that he has no monopoly on hate. to be honest, it doesn't bother me that you think my choice in vocab makes me a racist or a sexist. I recognize the fallacy of surface liberalism applied to a guilty conscience and I don't mind playing the part of the bad guy if it produces more than the typical circle jerk around the latest double standard of (black racist) hatred. Point in case, you saddle up with charles bass in some finger pointing extravaganza while knowing damn well how many threads he's posted about evil faggets and generalized crackers. Yet, you flinch when I use the word ******. i guess they call it a backbone for a reason.

(Proto)Typical White Denial: Reflections on Racism and Uncomfortable Realities | The LA Progressive

by Tim Wise –

Not long ago, after I had written an article in which I discussed white denial–the tendency for most white folks to reject the notion that racism is still a significant obstacle for people of color in the U.S.–I received an e-mail from a white man who insisted that my argument was itself racist.

His reason? According to his message, simply by stating that most white folks remain in denial about the extent of racism and discrimination against people of color, I had engaged in anti-white bigotry, since I had made a generalization about a racial group: in this case, the one that both he and I share.

He went on to offer an analogy that he felt proved my argument to be racist. “What if I were to write an article where I said ‘most black people are criminals’?” he asked. “Wouldn’t that be racist against blacks?” In other words, he argued, to make any comments about racial groups is inherently racist, and so my saying that most whites were in denial was every bit as bad as saying that most blacks are criminals.

Of course, and as I explained to him at the time, such an argument makes no sense at all. The reason it is racist to say that “most blacks are criminals,” is because such a position is based on racial stereotypes rather than factual information: it casts aspersions upon an entire group of people, based not on truth, but on the basis of ignorant prejudice. Most blacks are not criminals; indeed, the vast majority are not. There are about 28 million African Americans over the age of 12 in the U.S. (and thus eligible for inclusion in crime data), and only a small number of these (fewer than five percent) will commit a crime in a given year.

So while it would not be racist to note that black folks have a higher official crime rate than whites–this is a fact borne out by evidence, and which doesn’t necessarily cast a characterological judgment upon those it mentions–saying that most blacks are criminals is simply a lie, and to the extent it casts aspersions upon a racial group that can lead to their continued stereotyping, a racist lie at that.

To say that “most white folks are in denial” is not racist, because such a belief is not based on stereotypes about whites; rather, the claim is supported by what white folks actually say when asked if we believe racism to be a significant problem: the vast majority, in poll after poll answer that it is not, irrespective of the evidence to the contrary. And we have long believed that, so even in the early 1960s, at a time when in retrospect all would agree the nation was profoundly unequal in its treatment of people of color, whites told pollsters in overwhelming numbers (anywhere from sixty-five to nearly ninety percent) that blacks had equal opportunities in employment and education. White denial has been a hallmark of the nation’s racial history. Saying that is not racist, it is an incontrovertible fact.

Bullshit. While saying "most blacks are criminals" is inaccurate and therefore based upon race and racist, saying "a much higher percentage of blacks commit crimes than whites" is NOT racist, it is a statement of fact.

I get so sick of people telling me, when you make a statement of fact, that your comment is bigoted or racist. IT'S NOT IF IT'S TRUE. Bigotry/racism is having preconceived negative associations with people based upon nothing but their race..."blacks are all stupid" or "jews are all money-grubbing". These are racist comments. "I wouldn't let my child marry a black because their children will be less worthy than purely white children" is a racist comment.

But to point out that blacks have a much higher crime rate is not a racist comment. To say that whites are racist towards blacks is a racist comment, based upon nothing but skin color. It's not specific enough.

To say that many blacks (and mexicans, and cambodians, and koreans, and Japanese, and Russians) deal with bigotry is an accurate statement. To say all whites are in denial is not. Furthermore, to imply that racism is a purely white caused phenomenon is also a fallacy. Check out the blacks and Mexican prison gangs in prison and see how much love they have for those of other colors in there, or on the street. Go onto a reservation and try to fit in if you don't have something of substantial value to offer the tribe and see how welcoming and non-racist they are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back