Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
http://www.365gay.com/Newscon08/04/040908reg.htm

Protestors Demand Redress From MP Over Gay Slur
by The Canadian Press

Posted: April 9, 2008 - 5:00 pm ET

(Regina, Saskatchewan) Chanting `homophobia has got to go,' members of Regina's gay community rallied at the constituency office of a Conservative MP who made homophobic comments on an old video.

About 60 placard-carrying protesters demanded redress from Tom Lukiwski over anti-gay slurs he made on the 16-year-old video that surfaced last week. (story)

``Obviously something has to happen to Tom Lukiwski, either he be stripped of his duties or he resign,'' said Nathan Markwart with the Gay and Lesbian Community of Regina.

In the tape from 1991, Lukiwski says ``There's As and there's Bs. The As are guys like me. The Bs are homosexual faggots with dirt on their fingernails that transmit disease.''

The video, released by the Saskatchewan New Democrats, was shot during a party at Saskatchewan Progressive Conservative campaign headquarters when Lukiwski was a provincial Tory.

More...

Or maybe digging up things from 16 years ago is as bad as the Liberals in this country claim? Remember how horrible it is to remind everyone of Clinton and " I never had sex with that woman" ?

Ohh wait, never mind, that of course is different. By the way to be clear, what one did years ago may or may not be relevant depending on current stances and wether or not they have changed.

It was sixteen years ago. Probably right around the time Clinton said, ' I smoked marijuana but didn't inhale". Everyone forgot about that statement, why not this one. Isn't there a statute of limitation placed on things that were said well over a decade ago.

It was sixteen years ago. Probably right around the time Clinton said, ' I smoked marijuana but didn't inhale". Everyone forgot about that statement, why not this one. Isn't there a statute of limitation placed on things that were said well over a decade ago.

Not in politics when someone can sling some mud.