Zone1 Protecting sex offenders....is there a case for it?

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Mexico's supreme court has considered removing public access to the sex offender registry in that country. It just so happens that Mexico is one of the top five nations on the planet for that particular social ill in a per capita count. In my opinion they desperately need to keep track of these animals who pretend to be humans. The only caveat here is the categorization of someone innocent who may be stigmatized for life even after exoneration. I suppose that is one thing that must be considered. I'm gong to answer my own question here....NO....there is no case for such protection. The few innocents who get caught up in the system well yes I have sympathy for them but it is not enough to end access to the records of those who are guilty....and not enough to take away this public protection. Sometimes the Muslim world just has it right.....they put these animals out of their misery and don't bother to spend money feeding them for twenty years in prison.

I don't see advocating for taking the life of another as being any better than being a sexual offender. Neither has any place in a civilized society IMO.

I don't see advocating for taking the life of another as being any better than being a sexual offender. Neither has any place in a civilized society IMO.
Well...sex offense is not a capital crime here. Having said that.....the registry does get used by avenging relatives to locate and kill offenders at times. Those people are then charged with murder. IMO....they probably shouldn't be. But that's another debate. The real question here is whether or not it is wise to remove public access.

Well...sex offense is not a capital crime here. Having said that.....the registry does get used by avenging relatives to locate and kill offenders at times. Those people are then charged with murder. IMO....they probably shouldn't be. But that's another debate. The real question here is whether or not it is wise to remove public access.

I didn't say it was a capital crime. I was addressing your point that it should be.

Does dePape qualify?

We don't know since SF refuses to release his criminal past...

I didn't say it was a capital crime. I was addressing your point that it should be.
yes but you have not yet addressed the post....
Having said that....a Person who knowingly proceeds to abuse another human in that way places himself and his life on the line IMO....if he loses it then it's on him.,,,or even her.

JO

I see no reason to protect them. In fact, I firmly believe that they are currently over protected in too many ways here. I have not a clue what Mexico is doing though.
Apparently they see it as an obstacle to being re-introduced to normal society. The question here is whether or not they should be re-introduced.

Apparently they see it as an obstacle to being re-introduced to normal society. The question here is whether or not they should be re-introduced.
They shouldn't be reintroduced without a warning label. Not every state is on the same page. We KNOW that the majority of children are molested by someone that they know and it's usually by a family member. When they get out of prison (if they are caught and serve time), they are allowed to have contact AND live with their own children and grandchildren in the state that I currently live in.

How screwed up is that?

Sex offenders and pedophiles should have strict consequences for these types of offenses -- I'd even support castration for males to minimize or remove the threat long-term. Unfortunately in the United States, the liberal word police are targeting these groups because their labels are "offensive" and have a "negative" tone. Instead, they prefer to re-label them as "individuals who commit sexual offenses" and "minor attracted persons," and I don't see this getting any better long-term.

Sex offenders and pedophiles should have strict consequences for these types of offenses -- I'd even support castration for males to minimize or remove the threat long-term. Unfortunately in the United States, the liberal word police are targeting these groups because their labels are "offensive" and have a "negative" tone. Instead, they prefer to re-label them as "individuals who commit sexual offenses" and "minor attracted persons," and I don't see this getting any better long-term.
It is evident from an examination of history in general that such things were rampant for centuries until civilized society decided to take control and that has only been in the last few decades frankly.
It's no surprise that the deviant nature of humanity finds representation in some kind of push back to the days when such things were ignored and just accepted as normal. Well if that's the case then an avenging parent or family member of a raped woman who murders a sex offender should also be exonerated.

JO

It is evident from an examination of history in general that such things were rampant for centuries until civilized society decided to take control and that has only been in the last few decades frankly.
It's no surprise that the deviant nature of humanity finds representation in some kind of push back to the days when such things were ignored and just accepted as normal. Well if that's the case then an avenging parent or family member of a raped woman who murders a sex offender should also be exonerated.

JO
Ok. In light of the Me Too movement, do you just accept any claim?

There is a clear cut case .

It is the one you stuff the chopped up body parts into and throw on to the bonfire.

Ok. In light of the Me Too movement, do you just accept any claim?
Excellent point.....annnnnd it does indeed bother me that such things can happen.....how to fix it? I don't really know. I have a friend who at a moment of irresponsible behavior got fooled at a party by a girl who was just a few days shy of her legal age. He now has to register whenever he moves or changes jobs. So I get what you are saying.

JO

Excellent point.....annnnnd it does indeed bother me that such things can happen.....how to fix it? I don't really know. I have a friend who at a moment of irresponsible behavior got fooled at a party by a girl who was just a few days shy of her legal age. He now has to register whenever he moves or changes jobs. So I get what you are saying.

JO
Too, changes have been made that bring kids in to register. Like sexting between kids. I'm not talking about clearly inappropriate content between adults and kids. Somebody thought it was a good idea to "teach them a lesson" and charge them and have them register. Another thing I saw was a kid that was 13 having sex with a 12 year old and he was charged. They had been boyfriend and girlfriend and I don't think either of them knew what they were getting into.

I believe that the U.K. has no sex offender list that is public per se.
People can request a list, but must show a need for having the information.

Honestly, with all that's going on these days, it's tough for me to conjure up any giveashits about convicted sex offenders.

There are an awful lot of other issues higher up on the list for me.

Honestly, with all that's going on these days, it's tough for me to conjure up any giveashits about convicted sex offenders.

There are an awful lot of other issues higher up on the list for me.
I worked with a sex offender.

He was 20, he was drunk, and he took a whiz on a dumpster.

Forum List

Back