Prominent Scientists Reverse Belief in Man-Made Global Warming

you aren't talking to me at all...but railing against democrats in general. If you do, in fact, want to talk to ME, please start doing so. Talk to me...not to a movement....to me.

Let me try again:

Do you, RSR, understand the difference between variation in WEATHER and change in CLIMATE?

I understand how stupid libs look when it is snowing as they rant about global warming

so....

after multiple futile attempts to engage him in conversation, maineman grows weary of punching the tarbaby....extricates himself...shakes his head...walks away....

minutes later, on an empty stage, the tarbaby raises his stick arms and declares "victory".

and so it goes.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
so....

after multiple futile attempts to engage him in conversation, maineman grows weary of punching the tarbaby....extricates himself...shakes his head...walks away....

minutes later, on an empty stage, the tarbaby raises his stick arms and declares "victory".

and so it goes.

It is not a surprise you can't combat the truth MM

How many hearings on global climate change have been canceled due to snow in DC this year?

I never said that science was about consensus....I said that consensus among scientists has rightfully influenced public opinion and, much to your chagrin, a majority of Americans are not- according to your definition - enviro-wackos.

And you never did answer my simple question about the National Geographic Society and it's latest issue. Is there a problem there?

You do not like my answer, doesn't mean I didn't answer. But do pretend otherwise.

You do not like my answer, doesn't mean I didn't answer. But do pretend otherwise.

If you would point me to the post # where you indicated one way or the other whether you had read the latest issue of National Geographic, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, the post # where you indicated whether or not you considered the National Geographic Society to be amongst your "enviro-wackos".

I'll wait.

I did not read it and have no desire to read it. I answered your question as to its validity. Boo Hoo Hoo, once again I am not dancing to your tune, I am not being ordered about by you on how and why I believe something.

I was pretty clear on my opinion of the magazine in particular as regards climate and consensus.

I am waiting for you to explain to me the science involved in scientifically predicting next years climate, or the one in 10 years, 20 years, 100 years. Explain to us HOW they do it please?

And explain why 30 years ago Science was telling us we would all be dead by the mid 1980's from freezing and no oil?

Further provide the explanation of HOW man is causing runaway heating? You keep insisting it is science, provide the scientific explanation.

I did not read it and have no desire to read it. I answered your question as to its validity. Boo Hoo Hoo, once again I am not dancing to your tune, I am not being ordered about by you on how and why I believe something.

I was pretty clear on my opinion of the magazine in particular as regards climate and consensus.

I am waiting for you to explain to me the science involved in scientifically predicting next years climate, or the one in 10 years, 20 years, 100 years. Explain to us HOW they do it please?

And explain why 30 years ago Science was telling us we would all be dead by the mid 1980's from freezing and no oil?

Further provide the explanation of HOW man is causing runaway heating? You keep insisting it is science, provide the scientific explanation.

I am an engineer and a facilities manager and a retired naval officer. I am NOT a scientist, nor have I ever claimed to be. Are YOU a scientist? Can YOU explain the science involved in your debunking of global warming?

I read articles about global warming. I read the National Geographic Magazine and have since my grandmother gave me my first subscription when I was eight. I trust the National Geographic Society. Who do YOU trust about the science of global warming and please explain the genesis of that trust.

Please. Tell me why Greenland is thawing. explain it to me, Mr. Wizard.

Again you are ignoring the question.

I am not denying that the temperature raised a whopping one degree in 100 years. You are aware that the reason Greenland is CALLED that is because about 5 or 600 years ago it WAS green? I guess man caused that too?

RSR has nothing on you.

It is a simple set of questions.....

How does Science determine what the climate will be next year? 10 years from now? 100 years from now?

What does science say man is doing to cause runaway heat increase?

How come 30 years ago, using these same scientific methods we were told we would be in an ICE age by mid 1980's and would be completely out of oil?

Or are you admitting you just want to believe man is causing the problem with no facts to back it up?

Again you are ignoring the question.

I am not denying that the temperature raised a whopping one degree in 100 years. You are aware that the reason Greenland is CALLED that is because about 5 or 600 years ago it WAS green? I guess man caused that too?

RSR has nothing on you.

It is a simple set of questions.....

How does Science determine what the climate will be next year? 10 years from now? 100 years from now?

What does science say man is doing to cause runaway heat increase?

How come 30 years ago, using these same scientific methods we were told we would be in an ICE age by mid 1980's and would be completely out of oil?

Or are you admitting you just want to believe man is causing the problem with no facts to back it up?

Did you miss the part where I admitted that I wasn't a scientist? Did you miss the part where I asked you if YOU were?

1. Science uses models and the scientific method to determine most things it determines.

2. fouling his nest

3. predictions are just that.... and an ice age in the northern hemishere is not at all incompatible with global warming, according to the lay journals I have read.

Now please, Herr Doktor.... please give us your scientific CV so that we can judge the validity of your arguments against the theory that mankind is accelerating and exacerbating global warming.... oh wait, I forgot...you haven't MADE any. Get on that, will you?

I am an engineer and a facilities manager and a retired naval officer. I am NOT a scientist, nor have I ever claimed to be. Are YOU a scientist? Can YOU explain the science involved in your debunking of global warming?

I read articles about global warming. I read the National Geographic Magazine and have since my grandmother gave me my first subscription when I was eight. I trust the National Geographic Society. Who do YOU trust about the science of global warming and please explain the genesis of that trust.

Please. Tell me why Greenland is thawing. explain it to me, Mr. Wizard.

any scientist that does disagree with you, you dismiss out of hand

Here you go MM

Does NASA administrator Michael Griffin count?

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Story?id=3229696&page=1

well...there ya go.... a non-climatologist administrative type says something and that PROVES that not only is the phenomenon of human exacerbated global warming a myth, the entire theory of global warming itself is a myth.

:cuckoo:

when will you ever be able to stand on your own words and just have a conversation with me about this? Will that EVER happen?

well...there ya go.... a non-climatologist administrative type says something and that PROVES that not only is the phenomenon of human exacerbated global warming a myth, the entire theory of global warming itself is a myth.

:cuckoo:

when will you ever be able to stand on your own words and just have a conversation with me about this? Will that EVER happen?

It shows there is no firm basis to PROVE the hysteria of global warming is worth worrying about

It shows there is no firm basis to PROVE the hysteria of global warming is worth worrying about

no...it shows that one man doubts it. And he has been roundly criticiszed from within NASA and from without for his comments.

The vast majority of scientists do worry about global warming. did you read the latest issue of national geographic?

no...it shows that one man doubts it. And he has been roundly criticiszed from within NASA and from without for his comments.

The vast majority of scientists do worry about global warming. did you read the latest issue of national geographic?

and a large number of scientists say it is not a problem

and a large number of scientists say it is not a problem

the facts are clear: an overwhelming majority of the scientific community thinks it is a problem.

and you didn't answer my question about the latest issue of national geographic. why is that?

and polling would suggest that a significant majority of Americans think that it is a problem and one that man is contributing to...so folks with YOUR opinion that it is a myth, are in the distinct minority, not only in the scientific community but in the general public at large.

and polling would suggest that a significant majority of Americans think that it is a problem and one that man is contributing to...so folks with YOUR opinion that it is a myth, are in the distinct minority, not only in the scientific community but in the general public at large.

so screw the scientists who say global warming is not a problem - go with polls?

so screw the scientists who say global warming is not a problem - go with polls?

no.... I say that there are enough scientists who say that it IS a problem to seriously consider it and the ramifications. You are suggesting that a handful of scientists who have doubts about global warming should cause us all to forget about it.

Forum List

Back