Prominent Chinese Human Rights Activist Imprisoned

Discussion in 'Asia' started by onedomino, Apr 6, 2008.

1. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    The totalitarians running the show in China, the guys with the most guns, have jailed for a term of three and one-half years, one of the country's most prominent human rights activists. Political rights in China have not advanced an inch since the PLA shot down democracy protesters at Tiananmen Square in 1989.

For a sample of Hu's writing, see this Washington Post link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy.../04/04/AR2008040402982.html?hpid=opinionsbox1

2. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I'm not surprised by this, except for the fact that they let him write anything at all. The Chinses government is a dictatorship and therefore makes its living off of keeping the people quiet.

3. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I wish all the world leader''s do what Carter did in 1980..BOYCOTT THE DAMN OLYMPICS!!!! Atleast Sarkozy is seriously considering to boycott the opening ceremony!!

China seriously needs to get its act straight...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    While I agree, our gov. is too afraid to. We boycott China, and there goes 3/4 of your appliances, gadgets, tools, games, etc....(you get the drift) We're between a rock and a hard place. We've become hostages of foreign nations. We can't boycott oil cause it'll piss off the people we're buying from, destabalizing the ME. We can't boycott China cause they make an ass-load of our goods. I would hope that we could, but the pollies up North won't do it. The bad thing, is that the American people can boycott all they want, but it really won't solve anything. IMO

5. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39

I agree..It is disturbing that America is so dependant on China.
    And the most irritating part is that China knows this!