Do you support US-Korea FTA?

bluesky79

Apr 21, 2008
Business Roundtable Calls on Administration and Congress to Move U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement Forward

WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)----Following the Korean Government's announcement that it will reopen its market to U.S. beef exports, Business Roundtable today urged Congress and the Administration to move ahead quickly on the U.S.-Korea FTA.

"The reopening of the Korean market to our American beef exports marks a critical moment in the progression of this important agreement," said John J. Castellani, president of Business Roundtable. "With this opportunity at hand, Business Roundtable reaffirms its commitment to working with our policymakers in a bipartisan effort to pass and implement the Korea FTA as soon as possible."
- aol news-

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsLang=en&newsId=20080418005712

South Korea already has free trade agreements with Chile and Singapore, and negotiations with the European Union are, according to EU negotiators, making "enormous progress." The next round of EU-South Korea FTA negotiations is scheduled for this month.

Settled after 14 months of a long negotiation with Korea, US-Korea FTA is going through a difficult time to get congress' ratification among political schedule of both countries. Though some people within nation showed negative opinions on FTA settlement with Korea, US-Korea FTA is definitely not a zero-sum game which only affects one nation but is a win-win game that is designed to develop both countries via mutual cooperation.

In the future you must provide a link for articles. In addition, you cannot post links on this board until you have 15 posts or more.

Thanks

Gunny

Business Roundtable Calls on Administration and Congress to Move U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement Forward

WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)----Following the Korean Government's announcement that it will reopen its market to U.S. beef exports, Business Roundtable today urged Congress and the Administration to move ahead quickly on the U.S.-Korea FTA.

"The reopening of the Korean market to our American beef exports marks a critical moment in the progression of this important agreement," said John J. Castellani, president of Business Roundtable. "With this opportunity at hand, Business Roundtable reaffirms its commitment to working with our policymakers in a bipartisan effort to pass and implement the Korea FTA as soon as possible."
- aol news-

South Korea already has free trade agreements with Chile and Singapore, and negotiations with the European Union are, according to EU negotiators, making "enormous progress." The next round of EU-South Korea FTA negotiations is scheduled for this month.

Settled after 14 months of a long negotiation with Korea, US-Korea FTA is going through a difficult time to get congress' ratification among political schedule of both countries. Though some people within nation showed negative opinions on FTA settlement with Korea, US-Korea FTA is definitely not a zero-sum game which only affects one nation but is a win-win game that is designed to develop both countries via mutual cooperation.

If we are talking about trading with South Korea, I don't see a problem with that ...look at some of your merchandise--"Made in Korea." We are allied with South Korea, and still have troops there protecting them. If we were trying to trade with the North, then it would be a problem, IMO.

If we are talking about trading with South Korea, I don't see a problem with that ...look at some of your merchandise--"Made in Korea." We are allied with South Korea, and still have troops there protecting them. If we were trying to trade with the North, then it would be a problem, IMO.

Bri, we've been trading with NK for decades. We trade with NV, too.

Why should we ever NOT trade with other nations?

Trade with all nations, alliances with none.

Bri, we've been trading with NK for decades. We trade with NV, too.

Why should we ever NOT trade with other nations?

Trade with all nations, alliances with none.

I know this...the difference between NV and NK is that the Vietnam war ended a long time ago. The Korean War never really ended. We still have troops stationed on the 38th parallel preventing invasion by the North. It would not be smart to open large-scale trading with North Korea at the present moment in time....We'd be supplying a nation that we bitterly oppose.(does China ring a bell?) and look at the mess we're in because of it.

I know this...the difference between NV and NK is that the Vietnam war ended a long time ago. The Korean War never really ended. We still have troops stationed on the 38th parallel preventing invasion by the North. It would not be smart to open large-scale trading with North Korea at the present moment in time....We'd be supplying a nation that we bitterly oppose.(does China ring a bell?) and look at the mess we're in because of it.

Supplying them with what, though? They offer us way more than we offer them right now.

And we don't need troops on the 38th to stop an invasion that would never happen in the first place. I think KJI is a little smarter than the US media portrays him as being.

Supplying them with what, though? They offer us way more than we offer them right now.

And we don't need troops on the 38th to stop an invasion that would never happen in the first place. I think KJI is a little smarter than the US media portrays him as being.

I just don't see the point of trading with a nation who would love nothing more than to drop a nuke on you. I also don't agree with allying our country with nations who do things that we can't stand. Like China and their authoritarian gov. We are so dependent on China, that we're afraid to make them mad. We'll jump in and help injustice at the drop of a hat anywhere else, but not in China because they make a crap load of our things. We'd have nothing if we pissed China off. I don't feel like we should get any more involved "trade-wise" than we are now. Maybe later, if NK happens to clean it's act up a little.

As far as troops on the 38th Parallel...NK has troops there, and would crush SK. NK would take SK in a heartbeat if the U.S. was not there. They tried once 60 years ago and have had troops massed on the 38th P. since. He's smart enough not to invade while U.S. troops are there, but you take out the U.S. troops, and I bet we'd have a different situation.

I just don't see the point of trading with a nation who would love nothing more than to drop a nuke on you. I also don't agree with allying our country with nations who do things that we can't stand. Like China and their authoritarian gov. We are so dependent on China, that we're afraid to make them mad. We'll jump in and help injustice at the drop of a hat anywhere else, but not in China because they make a crap load of our things. We'd have nothing if we pissed China off. I don't feel like we should get any more involved "trade-wise" than we are now. Maybe later, if NK happens to clean it's act up a little.

As far as troops on the 38th Parallel...NK has troops there, and would crush SK. NK would take SK in a heartbeat if the U.S. was not there. They tried once 60 years ago and have had troops massed on the 38th P. since. He's smart enough not to invade while U.S. troops are there, but you take out the U.S. troops, and I bet we'd have a different situation.

Perhaps he's got troops there because WE do. If China built up troop levels all around our shorelines because they were tired of our interventionism, do you not think we would act in kind?

You assume KJI will invade immediately if we leave because the media has conditioned you to think that way about him. They've been quite cooperative in reducing their nuclear ambitions, but in the past year or two I can count on one hand how many times that was reported.

You don't think he knows he's a goner if he tries? Perhaps he just likes to fire missiles into the sky to fuck with us and see how we'll react. He knows his country doesn't have the economic benefit to us of invading and changing regimes as some of our other current targets. He does what he can get away with.

The downside to being the supplier of the world's preeminent currency, is you have to maintain a worldwide military empire to protect your hegemony. One of the main issues the Founding Fathers had with entangling alliances, and non-backed paper money.

Perhaps he's got troops there because WE do. If China built up troop levels all around our shorelines because they were tired of our interventionism, do you not think we would act in kind?

You assume KJI will invade immediately if we leave because the media has conditioned you to think that way about him. They've been quite cooperative in reducing their nuclear ambitions, but in the past year or two I can count on one hand how many times that was reported.

You don't think he knows he's a goner if he tries? Perhaps he just likes to fire missiles into the sky to fuck with us and see how we'll react. He knows his country doesn't have the economic benefit to us of invading and changing regimes as some of our other current targets. He does what he can get away with.

The downside to being the supplier of the world's preeminent currency, is you have to maintain a worldwide military empire to protect your hegemony. One of the main issues the Founding Fathers had with entangling alliances, and non-backed paper money.

While I appreciate your opinion. That's all it is, your opinion. Unless, that is, you have a link into his personal online myspace blog?....

You're right, he does have troops there because we do...
If we didn't have troops there, NK would have already taken over SK and incorporated it into it's dictatorship.

We have troops there because of NK, not the other way around.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050515/news_mz1e15howard.html

I just don't have the heart to trade with someone who could do this...not saying we don't trade with other countries that do this. By why add to the list.

In the future you must provide a link for articles. In addition, you cannot post links on this board until you have 15 posts or more.

Thanks

Gunny

oh ... and no, I don't support a FTA with anyone.

New Topics

Forum List

Back