Progressive Paradise: College has a "Free Speech Zone" and forbids handing out copies

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
of the Constitution.

Watch the video (at the bottom) at how the police interrogated him like a terrorist.

4752d5064b14c0d9bfa74d757b35f698.gif
!

Lawsuit! Student Ordered to Stop Handing Out Constitutions on Constitution Day Files Suit - The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education - FIRE

Lawsuit! Student Ordered to Stop Handing Out Constitutions on Constitution Day Files Suit

FRESNO, California, Oct. 10, 2013—A student who was ordered by college administrators to stop handing out copies of the Constitution on campus—on Constitution Day—filed suit today in federal court. Modesto Junior College (MJC) student and Army veteran Robert Van Tuinen is suing the Yosemite Community College District and MJC administrators for violating his First Amendment rights. Van Tuinen is represented by the law firm of Davis Wright Tremaine and is assisted by the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE).

“Last month, Robert Van Tuinen caught on camera administrators who were so unfamiliar with the basic principles of free speech that they prevented him from passing out the Constitution to his fellow students on Constitution Day,” said FIRE President Greg Lukianoff. “Even in the face of national shock and outrage, the college has failed to reform its absurd ‘free speech zone.’ Now it will have to defend that policy in federal court.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you're a student doesn't mean have you to take being accosted and bothered by every rump humper screaming and handing our literature while on campus.

The school has rules for the rump humpers, submit a request and they allow you to harang and harass to your hearts content on certain days in a designated area.

This guy didn't do so. Weird how EVERY OTHER RUMP HUMPING HARANGING ASSHOLE HAS SEEMED TO OBSERVE AND FOLLOW THE RULES except this guy.

Last edited:
Just because you're a student doesn't mean have you to take being accosted and bothered by every rump humper pounding a bible while on campus.

The school has rules for the rump humpers, submit a request and they allow you to harang and harass to your hearts content on certain days in a designated area.

This guy didn't do so. Weird how EVERY OTHER RUMP HUMPING HARANGING ASSHOLE HAS SEEMED TO OBSERVE AND FOLLOW THE RULES except the bible thumping asshole.

Obviously, rules aren't made for christians, they're made for those not saved.

I hope you try to put me in a FEMA camp.

Just because you're a student doesn't mean have you to take being accosted and bothered by every rump humper pounding a bible while on campus.

This guy didn't do so. Weird how EVERY OTHER RUMP HUMPING HARANGING ASSHOLE HAS SEEMED TO OBSERVE AND FOLLOW THE RULES except the bible thumping asshole.

You'll be dead long before you get to a FEMA camp.

You'll be dead long before you get to a FEMA camp.

I was going to say zombie.

hate to break it to you OP, but the free speech zones thing ain't new by any stretch

I don't like it, but it isn't new nor uncommon

Also it doesn't infringe upon first amendment because the first amendment only prevents government laws from prohibiting freedom of speech, not colleges

The guy has no case

MJC made national news when on September 17 (the anniversary of the U.S. Constitution's signing) it prevented Van Tuinen from handing out copies of the U.S. Constitution in a grassy area by the student center. As captured in a video taken by Van Tuinen, a campus police officer informed him that he could not pass out any materials without first registering with the student development office. After unsuccessfully attempting to convince the officer that this would violate his right to free speech, Van Tuinen went into the student center at the officer’s request.

Seriously, did the guy even read the First Amendment of the Constitution he himself was handing out?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Last time I checked, colleges weren't congress. He has no case.

hate to break it to you OP, but the free speech zones thing ain't new by any stretch

I don't like it, but it isn't new nor uncommon

Also it doesn't infringe upon first amendment because the first amendment only prevents government laws from prohibiting freedom of speech, not colleges

The guy has no case

It's public property, that is publicly funded. He has a VERY EASY case.

Also, what do you think of Edward Snowden, just so I can gauge your Loyalist Meter.

Last edited:
I am shocked ... SHOCKED I SAY ... than an American college would have RULES on how students seek to influence other students' political views. I mean what next? Anarchy? I pray NOT!

Where have you been? You didn't know there were a such thing as free speech zones?

Sucks doesn't it? I mean who can hate the constitution that much to designate where I can have my rights?

The most prominent examples were those created by the United States Secret Service for President George W. Bush and other members of his administration.[3] Free speech zones existed in limited forms prior to the Presidency of George W. Bush; it was during Bush's presidency that their scope was greatly expanded.

Free speech zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the part where you go from hating liberals for having free speech zones and start saying how Bush doing it wasn't bad and you like them.

I am shocked ... SHOCKED I SAY ... than an American college would have RULES on how students seek to influence other students' political views. I mean what next? Anarchy? I pray NOT!

Dogs and cats living together...

This is the part where you go from hating liberals for having free speech zones and start saying how Bush doing it wasn't bad and you like them.

Bush's Regime was equally evil as the Obama Regime.

You're still immersed in "partisan" politics.

You title it "progressive paradise" then complain about partisanship?

ROFL...oh my side LOL!

I remember when you was crying about it being a conservative paradise LOL!! Remember that?!?! Oh god, my face hurts LOL!

Forum List

Back