Professor wants to reduce human population by ‘controlling human fertility’

Been to India lately?

We're at the point where it's getting very hard to provide food, water, shelter, and jobs to everyone.

He isn't the person to care about the poor. Kill off the undesirables and there would be plenty to go around.

That's terrible. Who are you talking about? In any case, that's an interesting comment coming from you since you've proven your active disdain for human life over and over again.

Last edited:
40 years ago I was being taught that the world population was too large to support, and the world population has about doubled since then.
I wonder if it is the same idiot professor or just one of his idiot progeny?
Just for kicks and grins, we had global cooling and an impending ice age back then also. :)
Did they tell you 40 years ago it would be happening now? Most professors look to a crisis around 2100, as, if humans keep increasing at the current rate there will be an excess of 10 billion people by then.

Yes, they did. Back in the 1970's the alarmists were telling us that due to overpopulation millions would be starving by the late 1980's. They were just as wrong about that prediction as all the religious fanatics telling us the world is coming to an end.

40 years ago I was being taught that the world population was too large to support, and the world population has about doubled since then.
I wonder if it is the same idiot professor or just one of his idiot progeny?
Just for kicks and grins, we had global cooling and an impending ice age back then also. :)
Did they tell you 40 years ago it would be happening now? Most professors look to a crisis around 2100, as, if humans keep increasing at the current rate there will be an excess of 10 billion people by then.

Yes, they did. Back in the 1970's the alarmists were telling us that due to overpopulation millions would be starving by the late 1980's. They were just as wrong about that prediction as all the religious fanatics telling us the world is coming to an end.

I'm betting these were the same people who suggested hiding under your school desk could help save you from an A bomb? :D

I dont think overpopulation is something we should be panicked over. However I do believe it's a good idea to be aware of shifting population numbers, and I wouldn't be opposed to NATO funding sex education, controception and sterilization to impoverished nations.

If you think there is nothing wrong, you definitely do not understand the situation.

There are not "too many people," and in about 50 years the global population will begin to decline anyway.

Yes, there are too many people. The chief cause of the intensive pollution of our environment is the sheer number of people. A few more weather related disasters in the bread baskets of the world, and there are going to be hundreds of millions of people starving. In a world of 7 billion people with some unstable nations possessing nukes, that is most definately not a good thing.

You're right. I think you should KYS and that will begin the healing with a lot less hot air.

Every now and then a thread like this comes along which beautifully illustrates the mouth-open-gibbering insanity of progressive monsters.

You guys are great. What would this world be without you?

There wouldn't be any genocide...I'm sure we'd miss that.

Been to India lately?

We're at the point where it's getting very hard to provide food, water, shelter, and jobs to everyone.

The carrying capacity of this planet with current technology is around 20 billion. With better technology and improved distribution methods they figure the planet can support close to 40 billion.

However, birth rates are NATURALLY dropping. Even in the third world countries birth rates have dropped substantially. They will continue to do so as those countries become more wealthy.

I find it extraordinarilly amusing that you folks will denigrate a religious fanatic for proclaiming "the end of the world is nigh" yet fall all over yourselves with your own prophets and their proclamations...that have likewise been proven false...and yes I have been to India. They are doing fine. Get rid of their endemic corruption and that country will crush China.

I'm betting these were the same people who suggested hiding under your school desk could help save you from an A bomb? :D

I dont think overpopulation is something we should be panicked over. However I do believe it's a good idea to be aware of shifting population numbers, and I wouldn't be opposed to NATO funding sex education, controception and sterilization to impoverished nations.

Nope, one of the worst was Paul Ehrlich, good ol Obama's science advisor. He wrote a book called the population bomb in 1968 that proved to be a complete failure as regards his predictions. Just like every other alarmist out there...

"Still others—especially Barry Commoner, a biologist and long-time anti-nuclear political activist, and Paul Ehrlich, a Stanford entomologist who had previously made a career studying butterflies—emulated Rachel Carson’s popular success and amplified the fear and alarmism conveyed by Silent Spring. Ehrlich’s 1968 neo-Malthusian tract, The Population Bomb, was frantically shrill and apocalyptic, attributing environmental destruction to worldwide overpopulation and forecasting horrific consequences for the near future, especially mass starvation:

The battle to feed all of humanity is over. In the 1970s, the world will undergo famines—hundreds of millions of people are going to starve to death in spite of any crash programs embarked upon now. At this late date, nothing can prevent a substantial increase in the world death rate…population control is the only answer. [14]

Ehrlich placed the “population bomb” at the core of every aspect of the environmental crisis, which, beyond his anticipated food shortages, augured widespread mortality and suffering:

n the long view, the progressive deterioration of our environment may cause more death and misery than any conceivable food-population gap. And it is just this factor, environmental deterioration, that is universally ignored by those most concerned with closing the food gap…the causal chain of the deterioration is easily followed to its source. Too many cars, too many factories, too much detergent, too much pesticide, multiplying contrails, inadequate sewage treatment plants, too little water, too much carbon dioxide—all can easily be traced to too many people.[15] (emphasis in original)"

The Roots of Sustainability | National Association of Scholars

If you think there is nothing wrong, you definitely do not understand the situation.

Oh, there's definately a problem...but it's not the population. It is the systemic corruption and greed of people who prevent food from being sent to where it's needed. It's the misbegotten BS around AGW cultism that will cause energy prices to rise out of reach of the poor, consigning them to a long cold death all in the name of "saving the planet".

Throw in the American far right and the libertarian wing. Don't bother koshergrl now, cause she is to old and withered to count.

Professor wants to reduce human population by ‘controlling human fertility’
Campus Reform ^

Professor wants to reduce human population by

A professor at the University of California recently gave a middle school presentation in which he claimed the earth has “too many people” and proposed a reduction of the population through “vegetarianism” and “controlling human fertility.”

Professor Richard Cardullo, a professor of biology at the University of California – Riverside (UCR), told a group of seventh grade students that the environment’s well-being was in jeopardy “if we don’t do anything about population.”

“If we want to decrease our population, we can do it through any number of ways,” he said.

Most of the energy needs to be focused on areas that have a population rate of 4-7 children per family. Middle east, Africa and central Asia.

We need to do this by giving these people books and education. Making them not want to have 10 children apiece. Right? It really doesn't make sense to focus on area's that are having 1-2 children a piece as you're just destroying the educated area's anyways.

I know, because whether or not you count/live is based on some progressives determination of whether you are an asset to society.

I'm over 40 and Republican...no societal value there so march on up to the chopping block, comrade. Do your bit for the world.

Right.

BTW, Africa's birth rate is so high because infant mortality is high. Encouraging them to have fewer children is the best way to wipe them out.

But that's okay by progressives. There are too many of them!

It is a healthy idea to do the math on human population statistics.

Look at it and draw your own conclusions.

CAN the earth's population of humans double again?

It won't.

True! It won't!

What mechanism will intervene to prevent the event?

The one that is actively taking place right now. Fertility rates are falling in the developed world, and all but a few of the poorest regions are on track to follow suit in the not-too-distant future.

This reminds me a chapter title in a PJ O'Rourke book - "Just enough of me, way too much of you."

People who think there are too many people in the world should walk the talk and off themselves. After all, the environment is more important than human beings!

This reminds me a chapter title in a PJ O'Rourke book - "Just enough of me, way too much of you."

People who think there are too many people in the world should walk the talk and off themselves. After all, the environment is more important than human beings!

Gee, Toro, you received the coveted Ukatore thanks for that post. You must be so proud. :eusa_eh:

Meanwhile, respected scientists acknowledge the reality that we live here, that we will have some impact on the ecology, and also that there are measures to take that will be a benefit to both human life and the ecosystem, helping to improve the sustainability of both. One of those measures is to control our numbers, not just for the earth, but for or continued comfort upon it. Elbow room is mandatory for a happy life.

Right.

BTW, Africa's birth rate is so high because infant mortality is high. Encouraging them to have fewer children is the best way to wipe them out.

But that's okay by progressives. There are too many of them!

Jesus H Christ on a Popsicle stick. Fewer children, when the mother has her first, and longer spacing between children improves the health and longevity of the care provider (most often the MOTHER), and increases the opportunity for economic activity by all members of the family. These are all factors in REDUCING infant mortality rates, you fucking moron.

Last edited:

I'm betting these were the same people who suggested hiding under your school desk could help save you from an A bomb?
:D

They only suggested that to us kids. The adults, and a few of us kids, knew that it was to have an accurate carbon count in the aftermath.

Forum List

Back