Pro Gun Quotes vs. Anti Gun Quotes

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
I found it interesting who believes in America's Constitutional protections vs. them who oppose the Constitution. Enjoy the following pro-gun common sense vs. the anti-gun idiocy:

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/famous-gun-quotes

Pro: "I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Pro: "A free people ought to be armed."
- George Washington

Anti: "All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Shumer

Pro: "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Pro: "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson

Anti: "The measures adopted to restore public order are: First of all, the elimination of the so-called subversive elements .... They were elements of disorder and subversion. On the morrow of each conflict I gave the categorical order to confiscate the largest possible number of weapons of every sort and kind. This confiscation, which continues with the utmost energy, has given satisfactory results."
- Benito Mussolini

Pro: "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
- James Earl Jones

Pro: "Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."
- John Adams

Anti: "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty."
- Adolf Hitler

Pro: "The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, period."
- Ted Nugent

Pro: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

Anti: "When we got organized as a country, [and] wrote a fairly radical Constitution, with a radical Bill of Rights, giving radical amounts of freedom to Americans, it was assumed that Americans who had that freedom would use it responsibly .... When personal freedom is being abused, you have to move to limit it."
- Bill Clinton

Pro: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud (LOL :lol:)

Pro: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

Anti: "All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party."
- Mao Tse Tung

Pro: "An armed society is a polite society."
- Robert Heinlein

Pro: "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
- James Madison

Anti: "If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
- Diane Feinstein

Pro: "Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised."
- Charlton Heston

Pro: "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
- Richard Henry Lee

Anti: "My view of guns is simple. I hate guns and I cannot imagine why anyone would want to own one. If I had my way, guns for sport would be registered, and all other guns would be banned."
- Deborah Prothrow-Stith (Dean of Harvard School of Public Health)

Pro: "We would just go out and line up a bunch of cans and shoot with rifles, handguns and at times, submachine guns... When I was a kid it was a controlled atmosphere, we weren't shooting at humans... we were shooting at cans and bottles mostly. I will most certainly take my kids out for target practice."
- Johnny Depp

Pro: "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
- Patrick Henry

Anti: "I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say 'Sorry.' it's 1999. We have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison."
- Rosie O'Donnell

Pro: "But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama

Pro: "... arms ... discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.... Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law-abiding) deprived the use of them."
- Thomas Paine

Anti: “I don’t believe people should to be able to own guns.”
- Barack Obama (during conversation with economist and author John Lott Jr. at the University of Chicago Law School in the 1990s)

Pro: " ... the right to defend one's home and one's person when attacked has been guaranteed through the ages by common law."
- Martin Luther King

Pro: "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams

Anti: "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."
- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC

Pro: "Keeping and bearing arms is not only a fundamental right; it is a fundamental duty upon which all liberty and sovereignty is based."
- Donald L. Cline

Pro: "What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty .... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins."
- Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts

And the gold medal goes to pro-gun common sense!! :D

To DriftingSand: I always liked this one:

If you think a theater filled with unarmed people against a lone gunman is scary, imagine a disarmed populace against a tyrannical government. Anonymous

I found it interesting who believes in America's Constitutional protections vs. them who oppose the Constitution. Enjoy the following pro-gun common sense vs. the anti-gun idiocy:

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/famous-gun-quotes

Pro: "I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Pro: "A free people ought to be armed."
- George Washington

Anti: "All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Shumer

Pro: "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Pro: "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson

Anti: "The measures adopted to restore public order are: First of all, the elimination of the so-called subversive elements .... They were elements of disorder and subversion. On the morrow of each conflict I gave the categorical order to confiscate the largest possible number of weapons of every sort and kind. This confiscation, which continues with the utmost energy, has given satisfactory results."
- Benito Mussolini

Pro: "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."
- James Earl Jones

Pro: "Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."
- John Adams

Anti: "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty."
- Adolf Hitler

Pro: "The Second Amendment of our Bill of Rights is my Concealed Weapons Permit, period."
- Ted Nugent

Pro: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

Anti: "When we got organized as a country, [and] wrote a fairly radical Constitution, with a radical Bill of Rights, giving radical amounts of freedom to Americans, it was assumed that Americans who had that freedom would use it responsibly .... When personal freedom is being abused, you have to move to limit it."
- Bill Clinton

Pro: "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud (LOL :lol:)

Pro: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

Anti: "All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party."
- Mao Tse Tung

Pro: "An armed society is a polite society."
- Robert Heinlein

Pro: "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
- James Madison

Anti: "If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
- Diane Feinstein

Pro: "Among other evils which being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised."
- Charlton Heston

Pro: "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
- Richard Henry Lee

Anti: "My view of guns is simple. I hate guns and I cannot imagine why anyone would want to own one. If I had my way, guns for sport would be registered, and all other guns would be banned."
- Deborah Prothrow-Stith (Dean of Harvard School of Public Health)

Pro: "We would just go out and line up a bunch of cans and shoot with rifles, handguns and at times, submachine guns... When I was a kid it was a controlled atmosphere, we weren't shooting at humans... we were shooting at cans and bottles mostly. I will most certainly take my kids out for target practice."
- Johnny Depp

Pro: "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."
- Patrick Henry

Anti: "I don't care if you want to hunt, I don't care if you think it's your right. I say 'Sorry.' it's 1999. We have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun I think you should go to prison."
- Rosie O'Donnell

Pro: "But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama

Pro: "... arms ... discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property.... Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law-abiding) deprived the use of them."
- Thomas Paine

Anti: “I don’t believe people should to be able to own guns.”
- Barack Obama (during conversation with economist and author John Lott Jr. at the University of Chicago Law School in the 1990s)

Pro: " ... the right to defend one's home and one's person when attacked has been guaranteed through the ages by common law."
- Martin Luther King

Pro: "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams

Anti: "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."
- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC

Pro: "Keeping and bearing arms is not only a fundamental right; it is a fundamental duty upon which all liberty and sovereignty is based."
- Donald L. Cline

Pro: "What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty .... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins."
- Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts

And the gold medal goes to pro-gun common sense!! :D

I don't see anything wrong with people having a different opinion on the ownership of weapons.

I have nothing at all against differences of opinion. My problem is and always has been with a government removing my rights including my right to defend myself. I come from a somewhat rough side of town (growing up) and have been shot at twice by inner city drug dealers -- once in south Phoenix, AZ and once in Harlem, NY (of course ... I was there by choice when I used to do drugs).

So I don't care if someone else chooses not to own a gun. That's fine with me. It's when they tell me that I can't that the fight begins.

The California anti-gunners are trying to blame the NRA for deaths by gun but that's like me blaming Kawasaki for my brother's motorcycle accident that resulted in death. The fact of the matter is that my brother was going more than a 100 MPH around a sharp turn up in the hill country. He was the one speeding and he was the one that misused his machine. The exact same thing is true of gun use. It's not the gun that's the problem but, rather, someone's misuse of it that's the problem.

If we ban guns then we need to ban motorcycles, cars, prescription drugs, rope, and anything else that can cause death when misused.

Forum List

Back