Fncceo, no, they provide every individual of their nation’s Wi-Fi, medical insurance, railroads and other public transportation users at lesser expense and in a manner superior to that of the United States.
This is true in Europe for example because, despite having higher taxes, they have more capitalism in many areas than we do. Remember it was Europe that found Microsoft to be a monopoly first. An average Parisian will choose between 4 cell providers and pay about half what we do in America. You can read the "Brussels Affect" and many others if you want to learn about European capitalism.
EdwardBaiamonte, the Brussel’s and the California effects refers to the economic pressures due to one government’s regulations required superior standards for a product, effectively inducing other governments to follow the leader; Thus in the USA, California’s higher standards for some products effectively became the national standard.

I’m pleased and surprised that you're amiable to some government regulations. I’m accustomed to responding to many other posters within many groups of internet groups, who are generally opposed to any or most governments’ regulations, (i.e. “pure” libertarians). I (apparently mistakenly) believed you to be such a pure libertarian. You and I certainly have had our differences. Your post #14, seems contrary to your post #15?...
So far as i know you are a worthless communist who supports 1001 interventions in the Republican free market all moving toward communism and more millions dead. I support what Europe has done to the extent it has inadvertently promoted Republican capitalism and resulted in more freedom and capitalism than we have in America.
EdwardBaiamonte, you support the government regulations, (i.e. government regulatory systems) which improved both the European Union’s and the United States economies, and you support the Republican Party which is generally opposed to governments’ regulatory systems? Isn’t that contradictory?

Respectfully, Supposn

We are an insolvent nation at this point in time, and i'm far from the only one pointing this out

must be a good thing since we have about the highest standard of living in the world.

We are an insolvent nation at this point in time, and i'm far from the only one pointing this out

must be a good thing since we have about the highest standard of living in the world.
We are 250 years in now and Americans are the richest people in human history . That makes it idiotic to compare it to musical chairs. Enjoy your cell phone, computer, flat screen TV, and GPS but don't think about economics until you have at least some education.

Private businesses do not set the rules of business nor do they determine what business is legal or illegal.
God set the rules. Free, peaceful, voluntary, and capitalistic interactions among people, without govt intervention, is a natural right from God and the basis of our founding documents.

Americans are the richest people in human history
with the greatest disparity since the Roman empire

and more debt that we can pay interest on

along with an artificially propped up economy

so......be quick when the music stops Ed

~S~

with the greatest disparity since the Roman empire

Meh.

and more debt that we can pay interest on

You can't pay the interest on your debt?

You support the government regulations, (i.e. government regulatory systems) which improved both the European Union’s and the United States economies, and you support the Republican Party which is generally opposed to governments’ regulatory systems? Isn’t that contradictory?

Respectfully, Supposn
Please don't lie despite your natural tendencies to do so. Conservatives support capitalism in Europe and the USA, not impoverishing, libcommie regulation. When we talk about the Brussels Effect we are talking about the inadvertent movement toward Republican capitalism that resulted from frictions among EU members.

You support the government regulations, (i.e. government regulatory systems) which improved both the European Union’s and the United States economies,

Supporting Republican capitalism ie freedom is not supporting government regulation. Is this really over your head after years and years of schooling on this very subject? We have liberals only because some people lack the IQ to learn yet retain a Nazi-like
self-assurance about their purely ignorant prejudices.

Fncceo, no, they provide every individual of their nation’s Wi-Fi, medical insurance, railroads and other public transportation users at lesser expense and in a manner superior to that of the United States.
This is true in Europe for example because, despite having higher taxes, they have more capitalism in many areas than we do. Remember it was Europe that found Microsoft to be a monopoly first. An average Parisian will choose between 4 cell providers and pay about half what we do in America. You can read the "Brussels Affect" and many others if you want to learn about European capitalism.
EdwardBaiamonte, the Brussel’s and the California effects refers to the economic pressures due to one government’s regulations required superior standards for a product, effectively inducing other governments to follow the leader; Thus in the USA, California’s higher standards for some products effectively became the national standard.

I’m pleased and surprised that you're amiable to some government regulations. I’m accustomed to responding to many other posters within many groups of internet groups, who are generally opposed to any or most governments’ regulations, (i.e. “pure” libertarians). I (apparently mistakenly) believed you to be such a pure libertarian. You and I certainly have had our differences.

Your post #14, seems contrary to your post #15?

Respectfully, Supposn
I'm amused at your heartfelt belief that Government does things cheaper and better than the Private Sector, Supposn! I've got a whole lifetime of experience that tells me that's seldom if ever the case! If you want it to cost three times as much and take twice as long to get done...have Government do it!

I’m pleased and surprised that you're amiable to some government regulations. I’m accustomed to responding to many other posters within many groups of internet groups, who are generally opposed to any or most governments’ regulations, (i.e. “pure” libertarians). I (apparently mistakenly) believed you to be such a pure libertarian. You and I certainly have had our differences.

Respectfully, Supposn
I'm amused at your heartfelt belief that Government does things cheaper and better than the Private Sector, Supposn! I've got a whole lifetime of experience that tells me that's seldom if ever the case! If you want it to cost three times as much and take twice as long to get done...have Government do it!
Yes, to a liberal a bureaucratic monopoly is the best, most efficient producer. It's dumb beyond words or liberal.

Respectfully, Supposn
Yes, to a liberal a bureaucratic monopoly is the best, most efficient producer. It's dumb beyond words or liberal.
My father was a Fire Chief, Edward. When he retired from the Fire Department he was talked into running for town Selectman. He's the one that told me that if you want it to cost three times as much and take twice as long to do...have Government do it! Government waste drove him crazy and there was very little he could do about it. Civil Servants in many ways have almost zero chance of being fired for poor performance and they know it. I'm not saying that ALL Civil Servants are that way but there are far too many that could care less about doing things quickly and efficiently.

I'm not saying that ALL Civil Servants are that way but there are far too many that could care less about doing things quickly and efficiently.

Good point, and even when they do care there is often no standard of comparison. That is the beauty of Republican capitalism. You have to be quicker and more efficient than the competition just to survive. That is the formula for economic progress!

I agree that the private sector is not always the best solution.

But it usually is.
I always remember the summer of my Senior year in High School. My father got me on at the Department of Public Works. Myself and another kid were supposed to paint crosswalks. They gave us a truck, paint, the stencils, traffic cones and a list of about 60 crosswalks.
So the first day we head out and we are just cranking these things out. By the end of the day we've got ten crosswalks painted! We head back to the DPW barn all proud of what we accomplished and the next thing I know we're in the office having a "come to Jesus" meeting with our boss! He tells us that the list he gave us was supposed to take us all summer to do...and that if we finished that list he wouldn't have more work for us and we'd be laid off! He then informed us that we were doing things wrong...that the proper way to paint the crosswalks was to do 1/2 of one in the morning...wait for that to dry and then paint the other half in the afternoon. I looked at him in shock and asked what we were supposed to do while the paint was drying. He smiled and said. "A couple of young guys like you? I'm sure you can find something to do!" So for the rest of the summer...we painted one crosswalk each day and spent most of our day at the local lake swimming and hitting on girls!
THAT my friends is "Government" in all it's glory!

EdwardBaiamonte, you correctly posted, “it was Europe that found Microsoft to be a monopoly first. An average Parisian will choose between 4 cell providers and pay about half what we do in America. You can read the "Brussels Affect" and many others if you want to learn about European capitalism”.

The Brussel’s and the California effects refers to the economic pressures due to one government’s regulations required superior standards for a product, effectively inducing other governments to follow the leader; Thus in the USA, California’s higher standards for some products effectively became the national standard. That’s an example of California’s government’s regulations inducing an improving the goods and service products that were not before readily available to our entire nation.

You acknowledge the economic improvement is due to government’s regulations, and you’re a conservative and you agree with Republicans’ general opposition to government’s regulations? You’re contradicting yourself.

Respectfully, Supposn

EdwardBaiamonte, you correctly posted, “it was Europe that found Microsoft to be a monopoly first. An average Parisian will choose between 4 cell providers and pay about half what we do in America. You can read the "Brussels Affect" and many others if you want to learn about European capitalism”.

The Brussel’s and the California effects refers to the economic pressures due to one government’s regulations required superior standards for a product, effectively inducing other governments to follow the leader; Thus in the USA, California’s higher standards for some products effectively became the national standard. That’s an example of California’s government’s regulations inducing an improving the goods and service products that were not before readily available to our entire nation.

You acknowledge the economic improvement is due to government’s regulations, and you’re a conservative and you agree with Republicans’ general opposition to government’s regulations? You’re contradicting yourself.

Respectfully, Supposn

Thus in the USA, California’s higher standards for some products effectively became the national standard. That’s an example of California’s government’s regulations inducing an improving the goods and service products

Why do you feel California regulations induce an improvement?
Be as specific as you can.

… Please don't lie despite your natural tendencies to do so. Conservatives support capitalism in Europe and the USA, not impoverishing, libcommie regulation. When we talk about the Brussels Effect we are talking about the inadvertent movement toward Republican capitalism that resulted from frictions among EU members.
EdwardBaiamonte, we all understand you. Within your imagination, any facts or opinions that are contrary to your opinions are false. You do not provide authoritative links proving the facts I posted were false, but you rather continue describing me with your nonsensical adjectives.

Regarding your use of adjectives, what’s the difference between capitalism and European capitalism? I suppose you believe there’s an American capitalism. How does that differ from plain capitalism? Does American capitalism differ between nations? If American capitalism differ between nations, is there a significant difference between North and South American capitalisms?

Respectfully, Supposn

… Thus in the USA, California’s higher standards for some products effectively became the national standard. That’s an example of California’s government’s regulations inducing an improvement of goods and service products. ...
Why do you feel California regulations induce an improvement?
Be as specific as you can.
Toddsterpatriot, I’m an old man and no longer crawl under cars. There were many cars built to comply with the more stringent California emissions regulations, but living on the East coast and not being a professional mechanic, I’m not surprised that I was never aware if I encountered one of those California vehicles.

I do logically speculate that if an emission component was required to be redesigned for California compliance, it would often be found less expensive to manufacture a single design for all the engines, rather than manufacturing and stocking two different designs of the same part. Because of this, vehicle manufactures would have been, (for their own benefit) induced to somewhat upgrade all their vehicles to more closely approach the California emissions standards.

I similarly speculate that if any state has more stringent standards for any product, manufactures will determine if it was more to their advantage to: (A) manufacture and stock two similar models of product. (B) Not compete within the state requiring the model more expensive to produce. (c) Produce a single model because particularly in mass production assembly lines, the economies of increased numbers produced and sold justify a comparatively small additional manufacturing cost per unit.

For many products, I speculate that the choice would be (C).
Respectfully, Supposn

Last edited:

Forum List

Back