Princeton University a victim of fratricide?

Not quite sure what this is about, but I do know it doesn't belong in announcements.

Princeton psh...

R-U rah rah! R-U rah rah!
hoo rah, hoo rah, Rutgers rah!
Upstream Red Team
Red Team Upstream
rah, rah, Rutgers rah!

The real school is in New Brunswick! Don't worry Princeton, we will be back for our cannon...

1549 said:
Princeton psh...

Upstream Red Team
Red Team Upstream
rah, rah, Rutgers rah!

The real school is in New Brunswick! Don't worry Princeton, we will be back for our cannon...

If its true... Then wow. If, as I suspect its a contrived story... Then well...

1549 said:
Princeton psh...

Upstream Red Team
Red Team Upstream
rah, rah, Rutgers rah!

I had no idea you were a Rutgers alum. I dated a girl who went there. New Brunswick was one of the few places in Jersey I could stand to be.

I'm pretty sure it's a weird fictional tale based on existing characters. At least Marvin Reed googles out to actually being the Mayor of Princeton Boro, though that was after the time I left there (I graduated in 1976). No mention of murders etc. there.

When I was there, virtually all students lived in on-campus dorms. This article describes some living in off-campus housing. I haven't kept in touch much since I left, and the rules may have changed. A rule banning kegs, though, would provoke equal parts outrage and laughter, as well as being unenforceable. Hell, hot plates and electric teapots were banned while I was there. But everybody had them.

Sounds like a tale written by a freshman who hasn't yet learned not to use big words and campus inside-jokes in public essays.

Little-Acorn '76

P.S. Speaking of campus inside-jokes, has Rutgers won any football games yet where they left the goalposts standing for the entire game? ;-p

P.P.S. I can comment on the article, yes. But explain it? Sorry, no.

Forum List

Back